Page 436 of 497 FirstFirst ... 336386426432433434435436437438439440446486 ... LastLast
Results 6,526 to 6,540 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    But now we said it!

It's painfully obvious as well
    Yeah that explains a lot of strange editing choices.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    I don't understand this. When has characters becoming PD ever been kryptonite for a big studio? Everyone benefits from characters becoming PD. They get more use and more brand recognition.
    I don't think it will be kryptonite for them, as I think most people will still gravitate to the "official source", but it certainly won't benefit them. Since I don't think you can really increase the brand recognition of IPs like Superman and Batman at this point. It all really is uncharted territory as most of the properties until very recently that went into public domain weren't things we associated with a specific company as much.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    I don't understand this. When has characters becoming PD ever been kryptonite for a big studio? Everyone benefits from characters becoming PD. They get more use and more brand recognition.
    It's not.

We already got knockoffs of almost everyone. The only difference in this case is you can use some of the elements of Superman.

So if you wanted to do Superman crashing to Earth and landing in say Compton and raised by a black family-you can.

Superman crashing to Earth during slavery times and being raised there. You can do it. And NO that would not be ripping off Icon-who was an actual alien who changed his form to a black one.

Lots of doors are going to be open.

Extraordinary Member

Aquaman 2 Heads To Digital Much Sooner Than Expected After Disastrous Box Office

John campea says marketing was 200 million dollars and aquaman 2 would need 600 million to break even.

Note-
    Since the budget was 205 million it would need over 600 million to break even.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Aquaman 2 Heads To Digital Much Sooner Than Expected After Disastrous Box Office

John campea says marketing was 200 million dollars and aquaman 2 would need 600 million to break even.

Note-
    Does he have receipts for that $200mill?

Because this movie did not have $200mill in marketing

Incredible Member

Did Aquaman 2 had marketing besides the back cover from comic books?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Does he have receipts for that $200mill?

Because this movie did not have $200mill in marketing
    Right?

WB is committing some serious tax fraud if they claim to have spent $200 million on marketing for that flick.

Note-
    My issue with these budget calculations is that the math seems to always shift depending on if you like the movie or not. Like, this is 3x the budget when the highest applied is usually 2.5x.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Note-

digital will be released in march, so what's tragic in this?

Jeff Sneider is already hearing that the new DC Studios is a mess behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Jeff Sneider is already hearing that the new DC Studios is a mess behind the scenes.
    No he thinks it’s a mess because he doesn’t think Gunn can direct and run a studio. He seems to have forgotten that Gunn is merely the co-lead, Safran is also running DC Studios. It’s not a scoop just his opinion.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Campea called Marvels "dissapointing by Marvel standards" so I'm not sure if I'd trust him on this claim that Aquaman 2 had similar marketing budget to Avengers Endgame.

Astonishing Member

John campea says marketing was 200 million dollars and aquaman 2 would need 600 million to break even..
    What the hell he's talking about, there was no marketing, they completely gave up on the movie. And it's even considered to be a mistake, because Aquaman 2 has surprisingly good legs and earned more than was expected.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    digital will be released in march, so what's tragic in this?
    Digital is next week. DVD/Blu Ray in March.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    What the hell he's talking about, there was no marketing, they completely gave up on the movie. And it's even considered to be a mistake, because Aquaman 2 has surprisingly good legs and earned more than was expected.
    In China, Aquaman 2 will be kept in theaters for one additional month till the middle of February. It could get close to 500 million at BO and (almost) break even.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-19-2024 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Campea called Marvels "dissapointing by Marvel standards" so I'm not sure if I'd trust him on this claim that Aquaman 2 had similar marketing budget to Avengers Endgame.
    That movie bombed by anyone’s standards, it didn’t even break even.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/