Page 489 of 497 FirstFirst ... 389439479485486487488489490491492493 ... LastLast
Results 7,321 to 7,335 of 7452

Thread: DCU Movies

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I'll always want characters to retain original hair color but i can accept it not happening if the adaption is at least worth it

I still don't get why ITSV made the Peter from Miles' universe blonde. Did they want to just make him look different from Peter B? Didn't bother me at all, but it seemed like a totally random change.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-27-2024 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I still don't get why ITSV made the Peter from Miles' universe blonde. Did they want to just make him look different from Peter B? Didn't bother me at all, but it seemed like a totally random change.
    Nod to Ben Reilly I assume, and yeah it worked as an easy visual signifier to let the audience know “this isn’t *our* Peter”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I always wondered about that myself, but I think it was a way of establishing the multiverse idea by showing a slightly different version of Peter right off the bat and likely a Ben Reilly homage, since that version of Peter was very reminiscent of Ben's more free-spirited, upbeat, confident Spidey.

The blond Spidey in that movie is pretty much how I wish 616 Peter was written, honestly.

'The Batman,' a 2022 blockbuster, wasn't plagiarized, US judge rules

NEW YORK, March 27 (Reuters) - Warner Bros Entertainment (WBD.O), opens new tab didn't steal the plot for its 2022 blockbuster "The Batman" from a writer who created a story about the caped crusader three decades earlier, a federal judge in Manhattan ruled on Wednesday.
    U.S. District Judge Paul Engelmayer also said the writer Christopher Wozniak infringed copyrights belonging to DC Comics, which employed him as a freelance artist in 1990 when he wrote "The Ultimate Riddle," later retitled "The Blind Man's Hat."

"We respectfully disagree with the court's decision and are considering our next steps," Wozniak's lawyer, Terry Parker, said in an email.
    Wozniak claimed he was "stunned" to learn that "The Batman" was a near copy of "The Ultimate Riddle," with the Riddler terrorizing a Gotham City beset by crime and controlled by a corrupt banking cartel.
    But in a 45-page decision, Engelmayer said Wozniak intentionally and without consent lifted material from DC Comics' works to create his story, which "liberally exploits --indeed, is rife with" Batman characters and plot elements.

"The story's use of the Batman character and the surrounding protected elements is an act of clear and blatant copyright infringement," the judge wrote.
    Engelmayer also said key similarities between the works --serial killers who are loners bent on destroying society, villains who taunt pursuers with "clues and riddles," and moments of "clarity or epiphany" that propel villains to crime -- were too commonplace to support Wozniak's copyright claim.
    Sam Bankman-Fried was sentenced to 25 years in prison on Thursday.

For the latter, the judge in a footnote cited movies including "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith," where Anakin Skywalker succumbs to the dark side of the Force and becomes Darth Vader.
    Engelmayer also rejected Wozniak's "wholly speculative" claim for how Warner Bros might have gotten access to his story.
    A lawyer for Warner Bros and DC Comics had no immediate comment.

Got hit with that UNO reverse card.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Ben Affleck returns for The Batman 2 as Deathstroke

spoilers:
    Happy April Fool's Day everyone

end of spoilers

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Well that was a bad attempt.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Ben Affleck returns for The Batman 2 as Deathstroke

spoilers:
    Happy April Fool's Day everyone

end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Well that was a bad attempt.
    Exclusive: David Zaslav is scrapping the DCU and tax write-off James Gunn's Creature Commandos and Superman. The Monsterverse is WBD's new top priority.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Exclusive: David Zaslav is scrapping the DCU and tax write-off James Gunn's Creature Commandos and Superman. The Monsterverse is WBD's new top priority.
    that's better
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I think most people were just surprised Nathan Fillion wasn't playing Hal Jordan.
    I'm grateful Gunn didn't cast Fillion as Hal. I get why some people like that idea, but I'd only be able to see Fillion doing his usual schtick, and not Hal Jordan.

Regarding the hair color debate, I'm sure some people didn't like it, but I don't recall people losing their minds over blonde Val Kilmer as Bruce Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm grateful Gunn didn't cast Fillion as Hal. I get why some people like that idea, but I'd only be able to see Fillion doing his usual schtick, and not Hal Jordan.

Regarding the hair color debate, I'm sure some people didn't like it, but I don't recall people losing their minds over blonde Val Kilmer as Bruce Wayne.
    He was a good Hal voice at least.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Likewise. Something about too spot-on casting just bores me.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

official poster, trailer drops April 9th
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Likewise. Something about too spot-on casting just bores me.
    Kind of why I'm not at all into the Glenn Powell as Hal idea. Its like they saw him play an arrogant pilot in one movie and thought this means he's the best and only choice for Hal. And the idea is super boring to me, personally.

It's nothing against Powell, either. I loved him in Top Gun. I doubt he wants to only play pilots his whole career either.

I mean, if they choose someone who seems right for the role, that's all that matters to me at the end of the day.