Page 496 of 498 FirstFirst ... 396446486492493494495496497498 LastLast
Results 7,426 to 7,440 of 7468

Thread: DCU Movies

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    I just find it weird that all the characters supposed to be Superman's "friends" in the movie are also conveniently the characters who have movies coming out in the DCU. None of these characters (except Supegirl) have much to do with Superman in the comic books.

The original Avengers movie had 6 superheroes. This movie already has more than that.
    The characters appearing in Superman Legacy are Guy Gardner, Mister Terrific, Hawkgirl, and Metamorpho.

None of whom are getting their own movies from the already announced slate, and the upcoming Green Lantern show I believe to already confirm its about Hal and John.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Guys I didn't realise that movies weren't allowed to have a large cast, nor a supporting cast, let alone characters that pop in and out of the story as required. I guess they've been doing it wrong the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Pruitt Taylor-Vince has been cast as Pa Kent in James Gunn’s ‘SUPERMAN’

https://www.thewrap.com/superman-jon...ce-james-gunn/
    It's an interesting choice and seems really appropriate. Would love to see the difference between him and Jor-El if he shows up. I'd expect Jor-El to have that clean cut almost ethereal look to him to differentiate him from a rugged old farmer as much as possible. I've always liked the visual contrast between Superman's Kryptonian and Earth parents.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-17-2024 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Pruitt Taylor-Vince has been cast as Pa Kent in James Gunn’s ‘SUPERMAN’

https://www.thewrap.com/superman-jon...ce-james-gunn/
    I've never seen Taylor-Vince play any role where he embodied kindness (limitation mine, not the actors) so it's got me curious to see more of his work to imagine how he might embody Pa Kent. He seems like more of a Kingpin (Marvel) type.
    It's like the announcements of the Bryan Singer X-MEN cast all over again - actors were announced and I went and consumed their filmography. Highly recommended.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I just find it weird that all the characters supposed to be Superman's "friends" in the movie are also conveniently the characters who have movies coming out in the DCU. None of these characters (except Supegirl) have much to do with Superman in the comic books.

The original Avengers movie had 6 superheroes. This movie already has more than that.
    None of the characters in Superman are confirmed to have movies coming out in the DCU
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    Guys I didn't realise that movies weren't allowed to have a large cast, nor a supporting cast, let alone characters that pop in and out of the story as required. I guess they've been doing it wrong the entire time.
    People can't look at superhero fare as standalone entities, they have to jump to conclusions about how a single entry will connect to future franchise installments, and any superhero supporting character has to be part of a team-up or set up for those future installments instead of simply a character. It is sad what the MCU did to people's brains.
    They/Them

Not sure where you're getting that? Of the other heroes in the cast, the only ones with confirmed movies are it are Supergirl and the Engineer. It can be reasonably assumed Guy Gardner will be in the Lanterns HBO series, but there's been nothing said of projects for Hawkgirl, Metamorpho or Mr. Terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Not sure where you're getting that? Of the other heroes in the cast, the only ones with confirmed movies are it are Supergirl and the Engineer. It can be reasonably assumed Guy Gardner will be in the Lanterns HBO series, but there's been nothing said of projects for Hawkgirl, Metamorpho or Mr. Terrific.
    The Engineer isn't confirmed to be in any future films at this time
    They/Them

Martha! (martha!!!!) has been cast.

https://www.thewrap.com/superman-nev...or-james-gunn/

Martha looks closer to the part than Pa Kent IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

Not familiar with her, but she and Vince have the right look for humble rural farmers.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    The Engineer isn't confirmed to be in any future films at this time
    I’m just assuming she’s back for the Authority, even if it’s not confirmed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post

I’m not familiar with her work but she definitely looks like a traditional Ma Kent.

As far as Pruitt Taylor Vince he seems a bit reminiscent to Pa Kent from All Star.

Either way I don’t think this Pa Kent is gonna suggest that Clark let people die in order to protect his secret identity.

I'm curious how much they'll be in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm curious how much they'll be in the movie.
    I can’t imagine that much since the cast already did read through and all the prep.

Which is fine by me because we don’t need to see Krypton blow up and the Clark growing up in Smallville for the umpteenth time.

Just a quick recap or flashback would work.

Doomed planet. Desperate scientists. Last hope. Kindly couple. Superman.

Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m not familiar with her work but she definitely looks like a traditional Ma Kent.

As far as Pruitt Taylor Vince he seems a bit reminiscent to Pa Kent from All Star.

Either way I don’t think this Pa Kent is gonna suggest that Clark let people die in order to protect his secret identity.
    Hopefully including himself. Pa Kent's death by tornado was a sort of gratuitous heartbreaking moment from MOS.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.