Page 36 of 498 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Thread: DCU Movies

It’s a complete **** show… Which isn’t unexpected when it comes to Warner Bros and the DCU.

Astonishing Member

Gunn liked a post that assumes a full DCU reboot happening.

It would seem the plan is indeed a hard reset with most of everyone being recast.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Astonishing Member

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    The comics should turn Black Adam back into a villain again now that his movie flopped.
    Speaking of Black Adam, I think it’s all but inevitable that he’ll get recast.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I don’t think Black Adam will be around (played by any actor) for the foreseeable future. He now has the DC “stigma” and I can’t imagine anyone is in a hurry to try again with the character anytime soon.

There are countless DC properties with tons of potential so why waste more money on an IP that lost the company $100 million?
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-16-2022 at 12:32 AM.

Astonishing Member

I really don’t see a world where Black Adam returns to the big screen and he’s not played by The Rock. I just think they retire the character as I would be very surprised to see James Gunn and Peter Safran would have any plans to bring that character back. After the Black Adam fiasco, that character is going to be on ice for a long time to come.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 12-16-2022 at 12:42 AM.

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    I really don’t see a world where Black Adam returns to the big screen and he’s not played by The Rock. I just think they retire the character as I would be very surprised to see James Gunn and Peter Safran would have any plans to bring that character back. After the Black Adam fiasco, that character is going to be on ice for a long time to come.
    So it’s Hal Jordan post movie all over again? Ouch.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    Good, that's the only thing that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadeus Arkham View Post
    Gunn liked a post that assumes a full DCU reboot happening.

It would seem the plan is indeed a hard reset with most of everyone being recast.
    Fingers crossed. I guess if Zaslav really doesn't want multiple versions of characters running around it makes sense that even Gunn's own DCEU projects would be done by the time his Supes movie comes out, which'll probably be in 2026. Peacemaker will get one more season and Robbie will be gone while Gaga is around.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I have no real desire to watch Barry die or see how obnoxious Gunn's version of Wally would be.
    He neither needs to die or retire, he can get lost in time and come back later for instance. They can find a way to do justice to both characters if this is something they would be inclined to do, instead of sticking to one "main" version.

So it’s Hal Jordan post movie all over again? Ouch.
    With Hal they can at least steal his content as they love doing so much anyway since he's basically the only GL who has actual important source material to use for adaptations. While Black Adam doesn't offer anything that can potentially benefit another character. If anything if Black Adam was more successful, they could decide to transfer some of Shazam's stuff to him but if he's not coming back there really doesn't seem to be much value about the character aside from The Rock playing him.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-16-2022 at 03:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin30 View Post
    The comics should turn Black Adam back into a villain again now that his movie flopped.
    And I’d prefer he and every other Johns related/created character be dumped in a pit for the next 50 years

But that’s not happening, let’s be real here.

There is no need for another Black Adam right now, especially since they are rebooting the brand. They will focus on the big heroes and then branch out, as they should.

The only reason we had a Black Adam solo movie is cause Warner were completely directionless and was throwing **** at the wall to see if one would stick. They being talking about this movie since 2006.

Also, a Black Adam actor that refuses to fight Billy Batson is not the right choice.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

If we see BA again it'll likely be in a Shazam reboot. Which likely isn't a big priority for them now.

Black Adam probably is now kinda like Cyborg. Better to pretend that he doesn't exist than to open that can of worms.