Page 458 of 499 FirstFirst ... 358408448454455456457458459460461462468 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 7473

Thread: DCU Movies

First look at Batman Aztec

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    First look at Batman Aztec

Wow, I can’t believe that’s still happening with all the WB cutbacks. This is a pleasant surprise!

Looks like one of the Conquistadors will be playing the Two-Face role.

Last edited by Robotman; 02-25-2024 at 07:46 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Seeing some claims that Booster Gold has been cast. If it’s actually Chris Pratt I wouldn’t hate that at all.
    I joked about Booster being cast long before Superman weeks ago. The character was actually cast at the beginning of the past year before the Superman Legacy group was even in talks.

Gunn himself hinted it in Jan. 31 2023:

Gunn added, "I think of it as basically the story of a superhero’s imposter syndrome. How do you deal with that? (It’s about) how he tries to use this future technology to be loved by the people of today and what is really at the base of that. It’s a character story that’s going to be a very different type of show, and we’re talking to an actor about it now."

https://www.cbr.com/booster-gold-ser...ng-lead-actor/
    You can expect him popping up earlier. Don't tell Jeffrey that Booster Gold was a priority over Superman all along.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Wow, I can’t believe that’s still happening with all the WB cutbacks. This is a pleasant surprise!
    Shh, Zaslav didn't find out yet of its existence.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 02-26-2024 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Interesting. I remember reading a little about this movie back in the day, but never really kept up with what was going on with it. Had no idea there were cast photos or that production had even gotten that far lol.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

I have a feeling the WW would be really cool. The actress was awesome in Mad Max Fury Road.
    But we may have dodged a bullet with Armie Hammer Batman.

It would be interesting to see a world where a Justice League movie came out before Avengers, if for no other reason other than to see if the MCU becomes as popular as it did.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Interesting. I remember reading a little about this movie back in the day, but never really kept up with what was going on with it. Had no idea there were cast photos or that production had even gotten that far lol.
    Yeah got pretty far. They were in Australia i think? Getting ready to film before the strike haulted them.

Script is fun enough. We got semi hq photos of WW.

Storyboard of WW vs SM.

They definitely embraced comics

https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c...a_post_wb_has/

Looks like it is going to be one of the most expensive superhero movies.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post

That number is probably inflated for tax credit purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post

No way is that the actual budget. Gunn flat out denied it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Isn't it too early to talk about how much they spend for a movie?
    It's not gonna be cheap anyways, it's Superman, it has other superheroes and also it's the start of the new universe, it makes sense, that they put lots of money in it, so it's gonna look impressive.

No way is that the actual budget. Gunn flat out denied it.
    He denied it and then someone found the records to prove it lol.

So now I believe it. Thats the number WB reported to the state of Ohio so....unless WB is embezzling (probably are) and lying....the proof is in the pudding

He denied it and then someone found the records to prove it lol.

So now I believe it. Thats the number WB reported to the state of Ohio so....unless WB is embezzling (probably are) and lying....the proof is in the pudding
    Apparently that’s the maximum number they can spend. Doesn’t mean it actually is the number Gunn will spend, and there’s frankly no way Gunn is going to be allowed to shoot a $300 million movie by Zaslav. If it actually costs that much I will be flabbergasted, that’s more than an Avengers budget movie.

Apparently that’s the maximum number they can spend. Doesn’t mean it actually is the number Gunn will spend, and there’s frankly no way Gunn is going to be allowed to shoot a $300 million movie by Zaslav. If it actually costs that much I will be flabbergasted, that’s more than an Avengers budget movie.
    They're getting the tax break off of that money so WB is "spending" it somewhere. Gunn may not be, but WB is.

Same with that spy - book movie that had a $200mill budget but thw director had no idea where that came from as he definitely didn't spend it. Studios are being super sketchy.

They're getting the tax break off of that money so WB is "spending" it somewhere. Gunn may not be, but WB is.

Same with that spy - book movie that had a $200mill budget but thw director had no idea where that came from as he definitely didn't spend it. Studios are being super sketchy.
    The famous Hollywood accounting by which, according to Hollywood, Return of the Jedi, Forrest Gump and the Harry Potter movies all lost money.