Page 483 of 497 FirstFirst ... 383433473479480481482483484485486487493 ... LastLast
Results 7,231 to 7,245 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Well, you can't force people to like certain characters. Black fanbases have turned their attention to Starfire because Cyborg is not appealing enough and even DC let Christopher Priest print the following story in an official book

Regarding Raven and Azarath, the Indian influences were definitely strong at the beginning

Considering the animated TT show whitewashed an actual Indian character like Jinx, Twitter demanding an Indian Raven seems understandable.
    I see your point. All Cyborg was used for during his HUGE push was being ripped apart, comics and animation always did that to him. That’s definitely not appealing. But it’s not like he’s the only Black member of the Titans. Why not champion for Bumblebee? Static? Mal Duncan? Natasha Irons? Aqualad? Kid Flash? Tanya Spears? Hotspot? Djiinn?

If the character is a colorful alien, literally any race can play them.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Championing these characters would require to read comics. With someone like Starfire it is enough to post on twitter.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I think whether a TT movie hypothetically star Damian is dependent on whether they want his introduction to be in in the Brave and the Bold movie. If it is and if the TT movies comes out first, I can't imagine TT will be the introduction to Damian.

If the intended story hook is going to be about dad Batman and son Robin, they might keep Damian to the Batman films which could leave another Robin like Dick to star in a TT film.

Yeah, that's something I thought about. We have all been assuming Teen Titans is going to be a pseudo-sequel to TBATB.

But Teen Titans already has a scriptwriter attached, while TBATB doesn't (at least publicly). If Teen Titans is starring Damian, why would it be written before TBATB?

I guess it depends on how “lived in” this new universe is and how much time is meant to have passed. It’s difficult to tell. We’re getting a relatively young Superman but a Batman who is old enough to have a teenage son and a Green Lantern played by an actor in his early 50s (and I’m assuming if Guy is that old then Hal will be of a similar age).

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Nah, the comics are pretty consistent with them. Even when Damian is on his mood changes, he doesn't really messes with Dick cause they really like each other.

Also, this is the only moment in this animated universe that Damian actually shows affection for Nightwing that i can recall.
    They got along a little better after Bad Blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I guess it depends on how “lived in” this new universe is and how much time is meant to have passed. It’s difficult to tell. We’re getting a relatively young Superman but a Batman who is old enough to have a teenage son and a Green Lantern played by an actor in his early 50s (and I’m assuming if Guy is that old then Hal will be of a similar age).
    With Damian though there’s always the cop out of artificial aging. New 52 went that route.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Interesting news. Thinking of Zoe Saldana as Gamora, perhaps James Gunn will finally give us orange-skinned Starfire in live action. And green beast boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    If Starfire is in a teen titan title , she shouldn't be as old as Saldana. My choice would be Sydney Park if she were to play her without the paint(green contact lenses would be alien enough). Definitely Saldana being green means an orange skinned Starfire is easy to translate to film
    I believe the OP was referring to characters actually being painted alien colors (like Zoe Saldana as Gamora in GOTG) as opposed to the strange skin color having limited use (as with Starfire and Beast Boy only changing when they use their powers in TITANS)

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I believe the OP was referring to characters actually being painted alien colors (like Zoe Saldana as Gamora in GOTG) as opposed to the strange skin color having limited use (as with Starfire and Beast Boy only changing when they use their powers in TITANS)

That stems from Titans have a tv show budget so they were very limited in what they could do, especially since filming a tv show is more strenuous compared to a movie so Kori and Gar's actors would have to wear the pain longer than for a movie.

With a movie that problem should be nonexistent as they would have the budget for proper special effects and less harsh time constraints for the actors having to put on make-up. If Zoe Saldana can go green no problem, then it shouldn't be an issue for a hypothetical woc actress to go orange.

Of course that falls into another issue of constantly casting minority actors to play nonhumans which a lot of people don't realize when they championing these casting choices. Its a better idea to bring in an already black character like Bumblebee so the actress doesn't have to cover themselves up with prosthetics.

Speaking of Supergirl, why wasn’t she a Titan until One Year Later? She was one of DC’s most visible teen characters during the Silver Age, yet she was never part of the Teen Titans during the original Haney era or beyond.

Did the Superman office just not wanna loan her out?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Speaking of Supergirl, why wasn’t she a Titan until One Year Later? She was one of DC’s most visible teen characters during the Silver Age, yet she was never part of the Teen Titans during the original Haney era or beyond.

Did the Superman office just not wanna loan her out?
    She was already in college by the time TT became an actual thing

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    That stems from Titans have a tv show budget so they were very limited in what they could do, especially since filming a tv show is more strenuous compared to a movie so Kori and Gar's actors would have to wear the pain longer than for a movie.

With a movie that problem should be nonexistent as they would have the budget for proper special effects and less harsh time constraints for the actors having to put on make-up. If Zoe Saldana can go green no problem, then it shouldn't be an issue for a hypothetical woc actress to go orange.

Of course that falls into another issue of constantly casting minority actors to play nonhumans which a lot of people don't realize when they championing these casting choices. Its a better idea to bring in an already black character like Bumblebee so the actress doesn't have to cover themselves up with prosthetics.
    Beast Boy was played by an Asian American character in that show, so it's not like they exclusively cast minorities to play non-white characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    She was already in college by the time TT became an actual thing
    And by the time Kory showed up, a Supergirl on the team would have been redundant anyway since Kory's powerset is quite similar to that of a Kryptonian.

Yeah, Supergirl was never really a teen character the same way Robin, Kid Flash, Speedy, etc were.

Even post-OYL she wasn't on the team for longer than 5 issues iirc. Miss Martian was created because Johns wasn't allowed to use Supergirl in his run.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Well, you can't force people to like certain characters. Black fanbases have turned their attention to Starfire because Cyborg is not appealing enough and even DC let Christopher Priest print the following story in an official book
    I don't see it as a binary choice. Some black fans simply like Starfire, just as they also like Cyborg.

And if that comic is enough to turn people on Cyborg, wait til they read some of the indignities DC has inflicted on Starfire. And I'm not just talking about Red Hood and the Outlaws.

Regarding Raven and Azarath, the Indian influences were definitely strong at the beginning

Considering the animated TT show whitewashed an actual Indian character like Jinx, Twitter demanding an Indian Raven seems understandable.
    I'll be amazed if anyone on the production team even remembers what Raven originally dressed like.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Gunn mocked the “**** Batman” line from the Titans show.
    You'd think he'd know better given what people have said about his adaptations.

edit: nevermind. Misunderstood a post so deleted my response.
    Last edited by G. Boney; 03-17-2024 at 07:57 PM.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store