Page 115 of 503 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 7539

Thread: DCU Movies

The new version has wind up in a new universe with Lego’s Joker and say “I don’t know how I got here. Has something to do with the Flash, I think.”

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    The problem with changing the end of the Flash movie is that it makes Keaton Batman and Supergirl's stories end abruptly and without any meaningful resolution. Keaton, especially, deserves better than that kind of exit. I feel like it'll be really obvious in the movie that those characters were not supposed to have their stories end at that earlier point because it doesn't work. You'll be sitting there going, "Wait, that's it?"

I wish they would just leave the final movies as they are, instead of going back in and butchering them to fit some corporate synergy plan. It never works out and the movie always suffers. They're not going to follow up on this stuff either way, so just leave the story as it was intended to be told.

I don't think the new DCU needs to have some in-universe explanation for existing. It's just a different world in the multiverse.
    Here’s hoping they both get a good send off.

But leaving them in and basically having a “to be continued” wouldn’t make much sense and it would confuse audiences further.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Here’s hoping they both get a good send off.

But leaving them in and basically having a “to be continued” wouldn’t make much sense and it would confuse audiences further.
    It's not really a to be continued exactly. It's not there to set up any specific future plot. And without it, they get an abrupt and kind of terrible send-off. It won't even seem like a send off in the movie because it wasn't written or filmed that way.

It would basically be like if you had Han Solo leave to pay off his debts in Star Wars but never return to save Luke. Or if none of the classic X-Men appeared at the end of the Days of Future Past movie. It'll really fuck up the emotional climax of the film and be a huge middle finger to Keaton Batman fans.

Gunn said they didn't change the ending, so he's lying about something.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    The problem with changing the end of the Flash movie is that it makes Keaton Batman and Supergirl's stories end abruptly and without any meaningful resolution. Keaton, especially, deserves better than that kind of exit. I feel like it'll be really obvious in the movie that those characters were not supposed to have their stories end at that earlier point because it doesn't work. You'll be sitting there going, "Wait, that's it?"

I wish they would just leave the final movies as they are, instead of going back in and butchering them to fit some corporate synergy plan. It never works out and the movie always suffers. They're not going to follow up on this stuff either way, so just leave the story as it was intended to be told.

I don't think the new DCU needs to have some in-universe explanation for existing. It's just a different world in the multiverse.
    I mean you literally are getting a new Supergirl why bother keeping the old one. I do feel bad for Keaton getting shafted again.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Wannabe Marvel presentation. Someone of the press couldn't resist to share and delete afterward, lol.
    In fairness this was an private press only event that wasn’t meant to be the same flashy public events that Feige expertly throws at fan conventions like Comic-Con to announce the next phase of movies, and those logos are likely just placeholders. Those likely won’t be what the real logos once the movies are actually made. There’s a reason why they didn’t have use those logos in the actual Chapter One announcement vid that was actually meant to be viewed publicly.
    Last edited by Amadeus Arkham; 02-03-2023 at 05:45 PM.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I mean you literally are getting a new Supergirl why bother keeping the old one. I do feel bad for Keaton getting shafted again.
    It's mostly about leaving the story as it was because changing the ending fucks up the movie. They don't need to explain the reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I don't know why but a New Frontier influence in a movie-verse that will have an Authority movie just feels weird to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    While Marvel has had some hits in Animation like the Various X-Men Series, the Various Spider-Man Series, Avengers EMH and others DC IMO has always dominated in animation and especially when they're free to do their own thing.
    Marvel Animation got worse the more they tried to ape/mimic the movies.
    I keep forgetting Iris is even in this movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    https://comicbook.com/comics/news/su...-announcement/

Looks like the announcement is having an effect on sales of comic collections.
    I didn't even know this Booster collection existed!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know why but a New Frontier influence in a movie-verse that will have an Authority movie just feels weird to me.
    My fear is.. it's portrayal of superman.He is either absent or playing moderate or talking down.Yeesh!!!
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    My fear is.. it's portrayal of superman.He is either absent or playing moderate or talking down.Yeesh!!!
    I liked how he and Batman pulled the wool over the government's eyes though .

I didn't even know this Booster collection existed!
    And I didn't knew that he had any collections at all

I liked how he and Batman pulled the wool over the government's eyes though .
    Not much of a wool if you fall for it yourself..still though, batman i kinda liked in that story.. Getting robin and the adam west like costume because he scared a kid.

I think Superman could have been portrayed better but it’s supposed to be Silver Age Supes who was now being faced with a changing world and his straight laced 1950s world view needed to change/grow/adapt. He ended up taking his place as not just a flag waiving agent for the US government but a leader of the next generation of heroes.

Astonishing Member

Not much of a wool if you fall for it yourself..still though, batman i kinda liked in that story.. Getting robin and the adam west like costume because he scared a kid.
    Yeah I loved the evolution of Batman's character in that story. In a way, its similar to the kind of character arc Snyder was trying to give Affleck's Batman (and which I feel Pattison's Batman might be going through).

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think Superman could have been portrayed better but it’s supposed to be Silver Age Supes who was now being faced with a changing world and his straight laced 1950s world view needed to change/grow/adapt. He ended up taking his place as not just a flag waiving agent for the US government but a leader of the next generation of heroes.
    That should have been flash or martian with his actions..The everyman that saved the day.Not the guy who comes in gives a speech "unifies" people.That's not how it works.. That's never been how it works.It's just one of those non organic billing for the character like they usually parrot with " superman is hope".

It's the independence day kinda nonesense.American movies have this dumb troupe where the boyscout authority figure gives a dumb speech and people just rally behind it.I never been a fan of that.

Clark's business is with the likes of martian manhunter, hal's green lantern corp..etc,not with inspiring heroes. Other aliens,refugees and even "Monsters" that is like him and very much him.Things that at the end of the day really matter to him.Otherwise clark just comes of fake.Superman is a far better character when he isn't leader...or actually their idea of a leader.Honestly,superman's entire role could have been cut..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-04-2023 at 12:10 AM.

Incredible Member

If anything, I think the existence of groups like The Authority makes the government/public distrust of superheroes more believable.