Page 314 of 498 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324364414 ... LastLast
Results 4,696 to 4,710 of 7457

Thread: DCU Movies

Blue Beetle had potential, but those trailers make it look lije something I've seen countless times. It looks like a very boring experience at the cinemas.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    How the hell did Blue Beetle flop like that? Good lord
    Again, projections for domestic numbers. But at this rate we can only hope this movie has legs. Elemental had the lowest opening of all Pixar movies and now it managed to outgross Flash and is now the highest grossing Pixar film of all time in South Korea. You never know how things might turn out.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Outgrossing Flash isn't really something worth bragging about though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    How the hell did Blue Beetle flop like that? Good lord
    1. No promotion-even with a strike there should be poster, billboards and pre record material and more importantly TOYS!!! We are just now seeing TMNT Mutant Mayhem toys pop up on shelves in stores this week (despite being on Amazon and online weeks earlier).

2. Where are all the Blue Beetle released trades or even condensed version that we saw for Miles, Gwen and Spiderverse crew for $10 (at least the ones I saw at Target). Heck I think the Marvels are getting version of those too. Blue Beetle Graduation Day comes out in August but the movie adaptation should have been out by now.

3. If you were targeting kids...August is the WRONG month. Especially during the first week of school. At least in Texas for Public and most charters are back August 1st. Yes it comes out after the 15th (payday for most). Everyone is buying school stuff and paying fees for band and sports.

Maybe to take advantage of tax free weekends in August-they should have released this next Friday.

At this point DC should just write off 2024-2025 as a whole and work on 2026.

Extraordinary Member

I see this thread continues to be full of negativity and toxicity. Cool.

I don’t understand how literally two pages back, people are talking about how the reactions to the film are so positive and that the film is a love letter to the Latino community and then one post from a guy who doesn’t even link the article or source he’s referring to triggers a landslide of “everything is doomed and they should just stop making DC movies.”

Like, enough. This discourse is just draining.

It’s a bad time right now to be releasing anything. Nothing can really be promoted due to dual strike in Hollywood. Like, the late night talk shows have been off the air since May because of the writers strike. And now the actors aren’t able to do ANY promotion for these films whatsoever.

But you know what? Good. Hopefully this forces the studios to realize they need the actors and writers and forces them back to the table.

But in all honesty, if WB was so strapped for cash to market these films, then maybe David Zaslav could have given up some of that $250 million salary he took home last year.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 07-21-2023 at 07:03 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Blue Beetle had potential, but those trailers make it look lije something I've seen countless times. It looks like a very boring experience at the cinemas.
    Therein lies the heart of my problem with it; just too safe and generic, like I've seen it all done, probably better, before. These days, you have to wow with your trailers, hook them in with something intriguing, something new. Just showcasing CGI effect and action scenes stripped of context gives little help in getting an audience to want to go see a film. Putting it another way, the trailer's got to make me really like the protagonist, enough to get me to part with my money and time. This just doesn't. There is no plot even expressed, so I have no way or judging if the story is intriguing enough in and of itself to get me into a theatre. The FX seem generic, with nothing new shown.

In short, if ever there was a movie that screamed "wait for streaming", this is it.
    Last edited by achilles; 07-21-2023 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    I see this thread continues to be full of negativity and toxicity. Cool.

I don’t understand how literally two pages back, people are talking about how the reactions to the film are so positive and that the film is a love letter to the Latino community and then one post from a guy who doesn’t even link the article or source he’s referring to triggers a landslide of “everything is doomed and they should just stop making DC movies.”

Like, enough. This discourse is just draining.

It’s a bad time right now to be releasing anything. Nothing can really be promoted due to dual strike in Hollywood. Like, the late night talk shows have been off the air since May because of the writers strike. And now the actors aren’t able to do ANY promotion for these films whatsoever.

But you know what? Good. Hopefully this forces the studios to realize they need the actors and writers and forces them back to the table.

But in all honesty, if WB was so strapped for cash to market these films, then maybe David Zaslav could have given up some of that $250 million salary he took home last year.
    Flash the supposed "best superhero film" and "reboot" failed and even if this tracking goes up Blue Beetle is the "start" of the DCU. The first DCU film HAS to do better than this period.

So looked up blue beetle kids book on amazon and--none! What on earth? Even lesser known heroes like shang chi got kids books to promote the film. WB is doing an awful job with merch for this. A pop set is the most I can find. Marvel gets happy meal toys or burger kids toys in fact marvels toys are in mcdonalds right now. Is teen titans go to the movies the last dc film to get a kids meal toys or was there one after?

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Of course Blue Beetle will flop. WB's strategy with these movies is ridiculous. Like, did they seriously expect BB to succeed after Black Adam and Shazam flopped so bad?
    Hamada’s plan was extremely stupid, that’s never been more obvious. Least Gunn is attempting to shift back to Supes and Bats to build a shared universe off of, but we’ll have to wait and see if it’s too late.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hamada’s plan was extremely stupid, that’s never been more obvious. Least Gunn is attempting to shift back to Supes and Bats to build a shared universe off of, but we’ll have to wait and see if it’s too late.
    Barbie is tracking for a $320 M opening worldwide. Maybe that will be how WB gets the money to market this movie after the Flash crashed and burned. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member

Some more talk.
    Blue Beetle Projected For Disastrous Opening Weekend

Extraordinary Member

Some other views.
    The Flash's Failures Will Impact EVERYTHING James Gunn wants to do

I wouldn't write Beetle off yet. It most likely isn't going to do great numbers domestically but that's a given; in this climate, with this studio, nobody should expect anything else. But there's a lot more going on than just the domestic box office and it's those other arenas and formats where Beetle could impress.

Best case scenario, seems to me, is the film makes a decent domestic box office, does well in Hispanic countries, and once it hits streaming you hear people saying "I wish I'd seen this in theaters!" That's the goal right there; to get all the folks who aren't going to the cinema to wish that they had. If they regret not seeing Beetle on the big screen they'll be more likely to see the next thing.

WB has to play the long game here, and to that end the importance of the immediate box office returns are pretty minimal. Build the brand trust back up and the money will follow, but if WB is expecting the money to show up first? Then the new regime hasn't learned a gods damned thing just like the last ones didn't.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am interested.the movie looks right up my alley.the action looks good..i don't believe marvel would do any better these days unless something absolutely good comes on
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-21-2023 at 12:26 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Barbie is tracking for a $320 M opening worldwide. Maybe that will be how WB gets the money to market this movie after the Flash crashed and burned. Lmao.
    Barbillion is going to fund Gunn’s 10 year slate
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/