Page 331 of 497 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341381431 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 7453

Thread: DCU Movies

Blue Beetle is now estimated to make about $30 million on its opening weekend.

https://deadline.com/2023/08/box-off...235456911/amp/

Not great but way better than its initial estimates. Actually not bad considering the circumstances. The DC brand in the toilet, a basically unknown character, a film with no real star power, the actors not allowed to promote the movie in any way.

If Blue Beetle gets good reviews I’m sure that number will go up. It would be hilarious if it gets anywhere near The Flash’s opening weekend numbers considering the amount of money WB dumped into the promotion of that flick. They clearly didn’t have a lot left to promote Blue Beetle. Hell, the fans were creating fake movie tie-ins for fun.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-08-2023 at 12:06 AM.

Hope it does well. Or well enough for a DC movie standards at least.

DC needs this to break out BluevBeetle if he is their Spider Man.

Incredible Member

I caught the trailer for Gran Turismo and that looks horrible. If that is Blue Beetle's main competition, it should be smooth enough sailing.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Somebody tell James Tucker
    James Tucker is the blueprint.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Flashpoint was always baked into the DCEU, right from Day 1. The whole aspect of a time-traveling Barry from a post-apocalyptic world visiting Bruce in the Batcave was 100% inspired by Flashpoint. Snyder then showcased the origins of Barry's time-travel abilities in his original conception of Justice League. Not to mention, using the 'dead mom' backstory, which is pretty much a set-up for Flashpoint.

So it was pretty much inevitable that we would get some version of Flashpoint in the DCEU. And why not?
    Also, Snyder casting Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas Wayne. Why wasting him for a cameo when he could play Batman?

Continuity resets via a time-travel/Multiversal event are very much part of DC's DNA, so why shouldn't that make it to the screen? Of course, what we finally got was fairly disappointing, not least in the fact that we have close to zero clarity about what the reboot is...
    The Flash was a prelude to a multiverse "saga" and wasn't envisioned to reboot the DCEU into another universe. Gunn claiming otherwise was set to disappoint who expected an in-story explanation for an universe that will actually start in 2025.

But we can view the multiverse sequence in the film as the close to clarity about Gunn's "reboot": out there, there are other universes where Superman isn't Cavill: you have Cage, Reeves, Reeve. Corenswet should be another Superman existing in another universe in the multiverse.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-08-2023 at 07:51 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Normally I hate the idea of shoving Batman into other peoples movies but TBATB cartoon did do a lot of heavy lifting with regards to introducing people to Jaime.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Not great but way better than its initial estimates. Actually not bad considering the circumstances. The DC brand in the toilet, a basically unknown character, a film with no real star power, the actors not allowed to promote the movie in any way.

If Blue Beetle gets good reviews I’m sure that number will go up. It would be hilarious if it gets anywhere near The Flash’s opening weekend numbers considering the amount of money WB dumped into the promotion of that flick. They clearly didn’t have a lot left to promote Blue Beetle. Hell, the fans were creating fake movie tie-ins for fun.
    If they had put the money they dumped into Flash towards BB I think BB would be doing much better. Xolo is likeable whereas Miller was not, such a boneheaded move to double down on Miller like they did. Oh well, hope BB can at least be profitable.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Side note that movies don't have to make a billion to be a success, they just need to recoup their budget which means making 2.5x the cost of making it. All Blue Beetle and Superman: Legacy has to do is make back their budget and they will be considered a success.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Batman didn't help The Flash, I doubt it helps Blue Beetle.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Styles View Post
    I know Jeff Sneider. I mean, more power to him, but he's known more as a critic and a reviewer than as a scooper. He is also the guy who was adamant that Everything Everywhere wasn't gonna win the Oscar for Best Picture.

Also, he at no point claims to be someone in the know about the inner workings or business dealings of WBD or DC and none of his comments are really doing anything to debunk what Gadot claimed.

Also, why would you not let the new Wonder Woman 3 director cast their own Wonder Woman? Uh, well, maybe we should ask Taika Waititi why he didn't get to cast someone other than Chris Hemsworth as Thor.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 08-08-2023 at 02:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

I'm a little bit curious as to why the projections suddenly jumped up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Side note that movies don't have to make a billion to be a success, they just need to recoup their budget which means making 2.5x the cost of making it. All Blue Beetle and Superman: Legacy has to do is make back their budget and they will be considered a success.
    All I have to to is make a billion dollars to be considered a billionaire. The Superman movie MIGHT have a chance to do that or more....depending on what Gunn delivers, and whether anyone cares about a movie Superman at that point. Beetle...er, no. True, it is cheaper than the biggies, and it looks it. At also has the feel of another standard comic book movie....why would anyone both with another one of those? These days, you need a real hook, (and sorry, brief bits about family aren't going to cut it), and Beetle doesn't seem to have one. It's bog standard. Also, I don't know why people think a movie merely making back what it cost in total is a "success".

It isn't. People don't spend millions of dollars and millions of man hours to make a movie just to break even. And the higher the budget, the bigger the expectations for profit. Flash for example has to make hundreds of millions to be considered a hit. Blue Beetle....somewhat less. Flash failed, and Beetle looks to, unless they're hiding the original Star Wars in there somehow and failed to show it in the trailers.
    Last edited by achilles; 08-09-2023 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I don't know for sure, but supposedly trailer was played before Barbie screenings.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I don't know for sure, but supposedly trailer was played before Barbie screenings.
    It did, yes. So thank Barbie I guess. Margot Robbie pulling double duty for DC films.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Trailer was in Barbie theater showings and it doesn’t have any real competition is my guess.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/