Page 93 of 500 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 7493

Thread: DCU Movies

What actors tweet is largely irrelevant to any movie's performance. No regular moviegoer gives a crap about what happens on twitter.

Didn't Letita Wright also post some anti-vax stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Zachary Levi doing vague anti-vax tweets is going to generate some hype for Shazam 2.
    I’m really hoping he’s not an anti-vaxer. If he is I’m not supporting this movie at all.

He could have just been saying that big pharma is a threat due to the fact that they reap huge profits from sick people desperate for help. And a lot of other unethical practices.

But Levi is apparently kinda right wing as he’s praised Jordan Peterson in the past. So who knows.
    Last edited by Robotman; 01-29-2023 at 09:50 AM.

There is nothing wrong with not liking big pharma, it has lots of problems, but being vague about it invites anti-vax crowd.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m really hoping he’s not an anti-vaxer. If he is I’m not supporting this movie at all.

He could have just been saying that big pharma is a threat due to the fact that they reap huge profits from sick people desperate for help. And a lot of other unethical practices.

But Levi is apparently kinda right wing as he’s praised Jordan Peterson in the past. So who knows.
    Ooof, that's not great. But I think that I'm sort of numb to that kind of thing at this point, especially when so many actors I like have been accused of so much worse. I still saw and enjoyed the new Black Panther, despite Wright tweeting similar stuff. I used to be a big fan of Kevin Spacey and Louis CK, so this kind of shit seems like small potatoes in comparison. I'm not condoning it at all, but it's relatively minor compared to, say, Ezra Miller or whoever.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

Oh goddamn it.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    There is nothing wrong with not liking big pharma, it has lots of problems, but being vague about it invites anti-vax crowd.
    There's nothing wrong with having a problem with a pharmaceutical company's ethics and I'm really hoping it was just a terrible case of bad phrasing. It doesn't look likely, though.

I have autism, so I dealt with anti-vax bullshit for too long to ever want to pay to stare at an anti-vaxxer's face, let alone for almost two hours.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCasualReader View Post
    Oh goddamn it.

There's nothing wrong with having a problem with a pharmaceutical company's ethics and I'm really hoping it was just a terrible case of bad phrasing. It doesn't look likely, though.

I have autism, so I dealt with anti-vax bullshit for too long to ever want to pay to stare at an anti-vaxxer's face, let alone for almost two hours.
    That's an understandable stance stance to take.

Incredible Member

Um, Jordan Peterson is not "ring wing". He's a free speech absolutist, thanks to not being a big fan of "compelled speech" in Canada. As for Levi himself, he is a big supporter of the #MeToo Movement, when it comes to "Believe All Women". Hardly "right wing" either.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Well 2 days left in this month. Either Gunn makes his announcement or he lied 😆

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Um, Jordan Peterson is not "ring wing". He's a free speech absolutist, thanks to not being a big fan of "compelled speech" in Canada.
    Don't be ridiculous

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Well 2 days left in this month. Either Gunn makes his announcement or he lied ��
    Or he meant January... 2024.

I guess the announcement (whatever it is) will be today. Nah... tomorrow. Let's wait a bit more.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-30-2023 at 07:02 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Um, Jordan Peterson is not "ring wing". He's a free speech absolutist, thanks to not being a big fan of "compelled speech" in Canada. As for Levi himself, he is a big supporter of the #MeToo Movement, when it comes to "Believe All Women". Hardly "right wing" either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Don't be ridiculous
    Jordon Peterson a.k.a Jorp a.k.a Kermit the Fraud is one of the patron saints of Incel culture and been embraced by elements of the far right. His pseudo intellectual stances make them feel justified in their sexism, transphobia, homophobia, etc. Hopefully Levi's praise of him is further back from before Peterson had his brain fried from the all meat diet/Benzo addiction/illegal Russian coma.

https://www.insider.com/dave-bautist...ay-bane-2023-1

Well Bautista thinks it’s a hard reboot across the board. We won’t have to wait long to find out at least.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Jordon Peterson a.k.a Jorp a.k.a Kermit the Fraud is one of the patron saints of Incel culture and been embraced by elements of the far right. His pseudo intellectual stances make them feel justified in their sexism, transphobia, homophobia, etc. Hopefully Levi's praise of him is further back from before Peterson had his brain fried from the all meat diet/Benzo addiction/illegal Russian coma.
    Interesting talking points with no evidence, and no offered solution to the problem of young men going "incel". As for Peterson's "credentials": tell the University of Toronto if a) his teaching credentials are based on "pseudo-science" and b) if he has had any complaints from his clients. The ONLY complaints have been based on his politics, which, again, is what had put him on the radar of the political landscape, and all on issues of free speech, and what to do with disaffected young men. Nothing far right about any of it, especially since he himself has been a target of the actual Right Wing. But, hey, to each their own.

I'm going to end it here, because I don't want to risk getting the moderators involved on an "off-topic" dispute that has nothing to do with DCU movies. I just didn't want Levi to be smeared because I like him as an actor, I want what's best for his film career.