Page 129 of 499 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 7483

Thread: DCU Movies

Fired up the trailer, not knowing that it had just started playing in another tab so for a minute there, I had a weird echo surround sound thing going on and I thought, hey that's a fun touch, time is broken and they've got the audio out of sync, well played guys. Then I realized what was happening, felt dumb, re-started the thing (in one tab this time), and decided it was cooler with the wonky audio.

Good trailer, looks like a crazy ride. Maybe it'll be as good as some people are saying. Still doesn't feel like a Flash story to me, feels like a small JLA team up. I didn't appreciate that with Civil War and so far I'm not appreciating it here.

Nice to see Keaton though. Nicer to see the old 89 Batmobile, gods I loved that car.

If the trailer is anything to go by this will be a more fun movie than the old DCEU average, and it looks like it might be among the best of the batch. Still doesn't feel like Flash to me and I'm not likely to bother watching it cinema, but unless life gets in the way I'll probably watch it the first day or two it's on HBOMax.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Edit10chae

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Which is why I concede that, at the end, Parasite was a victim of circumstance, his own power, and not fully accountable for his actions.

It's everything *before* that which makes him a villain. When he still *had* the control and self-awareness to make the right choice, and still didn't. It took most of the movie for him to devolve to the point he wasn't cognizant. For most of the story, he's still (mostly) himself and is accountable for his own actions. Yes, he does hang around STAR....and doesn't reveal himself. He hangs around his family....and doesn't reveal himself. How, precisely, is he supposed to get help when nobody knows he's there? How's STAR gonna have a cure when they have no idea what he is and he won't let them test him?

He could have asked for help. He had choices. He decided to hurt people. Just because he's a victim doesn't mean he's not also a monster/villain.

I'm sorry for your personal struggles man, and if you relate to Rudy in this, I get it. But I assume if you were in a similar situation you'd do what you had to in order to keep your people safe, even if it sucked for you. Rudy didn't. That's why he's a villain.
    He isn't just not revealing himself.He ran away from his family knowing he would hurt them.That was the best he could do.when he first went to find help he killed a guy.He wakes up in pain kills people around.how is he gonna ask for help when the mere sight of him invokes fear and xenophobia? that's been the point of entire movie.Clark had the luxury of hiding.why does clark wear the costume and declare himself an alien?so that people don't have to hide like he had to.So that people who can't hide can live without fear.

Why does he want to hurt people?what does he gain by killing a buncha people in a lab and medic ward?nothing... that's right..No motivation just eating people to stay alive.

I don't think so.If i were in rudy's position things could be worse.Thankfully,for me it's only a possiblity with genetics and all.I am pretty lucky and i am pretty optimistic about myself..always have been.I don't think myself better than the "villains" and "demons" i fight.As said,superman stories are against my biases most of the time.Superman is all about " there is a good and evil in this world.the difference isn't hard to tell".

And i am not gonna lie.There are gonna be monsters out there that's gonna be bad for you like rudy. not everyone is gonna be a superman.Some are gonna be godzilla. Doesn't mean we close ourselves in. Doesn't mean those monsters aren't people with ability to make choices as well as have the powerlessness not being able to do so.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-12-2023 at 07:30 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Some of the Supergirl CGI could really use some work and I expected more from the Keaton reveal, otherwise it looks good. But I don't feel anymore excited about it than I did before. Would go see it if I hear some good feedback but overall it's not something I'm really looking forward to all that much.
    Yeah her possible "escape" scene looks heavily badly CGI'd

Looked good to me. I go see virtually every superhero movie & hardly anything else so I’m in.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They have had so long to complete the CGI for this too. I mean its been pushed back years now. If they STILL arent done and spending on this thing good lord.

So is this Kara not the Kara Gun will use in the Supergirl movie?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    He isn't just not revealing himself.He ran away from his family knowing he would hurt them.That was the best he could do
    No, it's not. Could've gone to STAR. They could have contained him, studied him, hopefully found a cure. At the least they could've kept him from hurting others. If he didn't trust them (as nobody should trust a group so close to the military-industrial complex) or think they were up to the job, he could have left the city. Eaten animals. Did he leave the city? When he realized that his hunger would make him a killer and leave orphans and widows in his wake, did he try to get away from people? At all? I don't remember such a scene.

Would people have freaked out if he turned himself in? Yeah. Maybe he could have sent a text first. "Hey this is Rudy. Don't freak out but I got turned into a purple monster when the albino biker alien got in a fight with other aliens. I need help, please don't shoot me when I knock on the door."

There's a dozen things Rudy could have done to protect others from himself. That he didn't do it is what makes him the villain. We can have sympathy for him, and empathy, and indeed the best villains are the ones who pull on our hearts or who we can see ourselves reflected in. But that doesn't mean they're not villains. Rudy could have done things that didn't result in murder. He didn't. Hence; villain. Shades of gray don't extend as far as cold blooded murder, no matter what addiction or excuse one has.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Didn't this happen with another trailer, where the site's resolution was lower than it should've been or some such thing? In any case, if some weak cgi is all we have to complain about in this movie, we'll be doing well.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    They have had so long to complete the CGI for this too. I mean its been pushed back years now. If they STILL arent done and spending on this thing good lord.

So is this Kara not the Kara Gun will use in the Supergirl movie?
    In fairness, there's been a huge backup with VFX houses because COVID messed up a bunch of movies and their schedules.

Honestly, Michael Keaton is the only reason why I have interest in this Flash movie. I never been a fan of this actor's role as Barry Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Honestly, Michael Keaton is the only reason why I have interest in this Flash movie. I never been a fan of this actor's role as Barry Allen.
    Right? I find the whole Ezra Miller situation distasteful enough that I don't want to see the movie to succeed, but seeing Keaton's Batman in the SB commercial built a lot of hype for me.

I like Michael Keaton but the costume looks dated.

Batfleck's costume looked good and Supergirl looked good.

Other then imprisoned Supergirl and Batman I hope this film doesn't pull too much else from the Flashpoint comic. It wasn't a happy ending and considering where the New 52 ended up I don't remember it fondly
    The J-man

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Of course not.

But I'd love it if Clooney made a cameo in The Flash, or future multiverse projects. B&R may be a trash movie, but it was the first live-action Batman movie I watched as a kid and at the time I unironically loved it! Even in recent years, when I revisited it, I feel it has a few (very few) redeeming qualities. So in that spirit I'd like Clooney's contribution to the Batman franchise to be acknowledged as well.

Besides, Clooney's Batman would fit a wider DCU/DC Multiverse setting way better than Bale's Batman would...
    No lie Clooney rolling up or even Chris I Connell popping up as Dick as Batman for a cameo would be cool

Clooney has no interest in being Batman again or reprising anything from that film. H'es apologized for that film. Check out his past interviews

Short of offering him a huge payday. And I mean huge. I doubt he'd ever consider it
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Man of Steel gone Wrong AKA The Flash trailer:

It looks like a solid (and possibly genuinely fun) Superhero film. Just not sure I'm feeling it.

"Because my mom is in it" - rather than because it's the right thing to do. Because Barry Allen is all about his dead mom, folks!

It's definitely a Flashpoint movie. I mean, what other Flash film would have so much Batman and Krpytonians? Other than Barry's parents, there's no Iris (that I can see) and Zod is in it over, like, any actual Flash villain. Oh, there's two Barry's, which I guess is something people wanted? It's no Miller and Gustin meeting each other in Crisis.

This version of Kara looks like she'd fit right into the Snyder-verse. I mean, she's straight up murking dudes. It really feels like she's taking over for Superman in this story right down to the design, because she looks more Superman than Supergirl. Will they even call her Supergirl in this?

Keaton still looks good in the suit (and they couldn't resist the "I'm Batman" line) but I just find it funny how thanks to CGI he can move and fight like Batfleck.

The Flash suit just doesn't look that great to me. Really, it looks better when it's in motion compared to just standing around which I guess makes sense since it's inspired by the New 52 suit. But as a whole it's not the best adaption of one of the most iconic suits in comics.