Page 226 of 499 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 7475

Thread: DCU Movies

One of life’s funniest ironies is that GotG 3 getting a ton of love (it seems strong WOM is making up for a weak opening weekend domestically) is doing more to get people excited for DC than for Marvel.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Is everyone on this forum 13? Seriously, in what world is a 33-year-old actor “too old” to do anything?

David Corenswet seems like a cool dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Is everyone on this forum 13? Seriously, in what world is a 33-year-old actor “too old” to do anything?
    In a world where they want Year 2 Superman.

In most Superman lore he goes to Metropolis in his mid 20s. Depends on the story. Sometimes it’s early 20s.

It’s not crazy to think a guy that’s 33 can play a 25 year old in a movie but if they’re rebooting Superman and plan to at least have a trilogy (plus team up movies) it’s probably a good idea to cast an actor in his mid to late 20s.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

In most Superman lore he goes to Metropolis in his mid 20s. Depends on the story. Sometimes it’s early 20s.

It’s not crazy to think a guy that’s 33 can play a 25 year old in a movie but if they’re rebooting Superman and plan to at least have a trilogy (plus team up movies) it’s probably a good idea to cast an actor in his mid to late 20s.
    If he’s replying to my comment, I meant that Pedro Pascal is way too old to play DCU Batman. Although funnily enough THR said that one of the Lois applicants auditioned great, but might be “too old” for what Gunn is looking for at 31. Hoult seems more likely to get Lex than Clark.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If he’s replying to my comment, I meant that Pedro Pascal is way too old to play DCU Batman. Although funnily enough THR said that one of the Lois applicants auditioned great, but might be “too old” for what Gunn is looking for at 31. Hoult seems more likely to get Lex than Clark.
    Pascal feels way too busy to play Batman too .

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

So someone said vigilante is gonna be in the superman movie?action comics reunion?
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Spectacular Member

Jodie Comer'd be my pick for Lois Lane but she's too old now.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

You do know that they dont age that horribly. If we have 25 yr olds playing 15 yr olds and aging for 8 seasons...a 32 yr old is fine playing 25 and eventually 27 at 34.

Astonishing Member

The whole Year 2 thing was just fan speculation though. The more I hear about this film and Gunn's plans for the DCU, the more I'm convinced we're getting an established Superman who's a veteran. After all, Gunn said his Superman will be maybe just "a couple of years" younger than his Batman, who would have to be in his late 30's at least owing to Damian.

When they say they want someone younger than Cavill, they mean someone who won't be over 40 during filming. An early 30's actor seems like a safe bet.

I seriously doubt we're gonna end up with a DCU where Superman is a 20-something rookie and Batman's a father to a pre-teen assassin (not to mention the Authority being around).

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    The whole Year 2 thing was just fan speculation though. The more I hear about this film and Gunn's plans for the DCU, the more I'm convinced we're getting an established Superman who's a veteran. After all, Gunn said his Superman will be maybe just "a couple of years" younger than his Batman, who would have to be in his late 30's at least owing to Damian.

When they say they want someone younger than Cavill, they mean someone who won't be over 40 during filming. An early 30's actor seems like a safe bet.

I seriously doubt we're gonna end up with a DCU where Superman is a 20-something rookie and Batman's a father to a pre-teen assassin (not to mention the Authority being around).
    If he’s wrestling with his feelings regarding his heritage it’s doubtful we’re getting a Superman who is that far into his career. The Hollywood Reporter keeps emphasizing that Gunn is looking for actors within a certain age range, and he’s leaning younger. They’re also the ones who said Supes would be an “cub reporter” another indication that this isn’t a veteran Superman. And everything doesn’t take place at the same time. Paradise Lost takes place before everything else but is coming later. Creature Commandoes takes place before Legacy. It’s very possible that The Brave and The Bold takes place much later than Legacy. This Superman won’t be a father at the same time that Bruce is, that much is clear. Damian is an unnatural birth anyway, they can easily have him be artificially aged up like he was in the New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If he’s wrestling with his feelings regarding his heritage it’s doubtful we’re getting a Superman who is that far into his career. The Hollywood Reporter keeps emphasizing that Gunn is looking for actors within a certain age range, and he’s leaning younger. They’re also the ones who said Supes would be an “cub reporter” another indication that this isn’t a veteran Superman. And everything doesn’t take place at the same time. Paradise Lost takes place before everything else but is coming later. Creature Commandoes takes place before Legacy. It’s very possible that The Brave and The Bold takes place much later than Legacy. This Superman won’t be a father at the same time that Bruce is, that much is clear. Damian is an unnatural birth anyway, they can easily have him be artificially aged up like he was in the New 52.
    honestly, Damian as a natural birth works better as a character.

Most adaptions these days have Batman operating before Superman does.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I actually love the super cafe...Supes seems chill there without the whole "i am thy lord and savior,look up to me and be like me" ****.And Bruce is a dork for once and not "rar!rar! vengeance..theatricality..tragedy".Which i find refreshing.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"