Page 197 of 497 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 7455

Thread: DCU Movies

I thought the Bat-fascist joke was funny. Not hilarious or anything, but funny.

Funnier thing is the people losing their minds over it. A throwaway line from a supporting character that's certainly meant for nothing more than a quick chuckle from the audience, but how dare anyone blasphemy against the great and almighty Batgod!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Trending doesn't mean anything when it comes to box office performance. Sony brought Morbius back to theaters because it was trending all the time and it turned out just as well as that movie's original box office run.
    That's because they misunderstood why the movie was trending though. Blue Beetle is trending positively
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    That's because they misunderstood why the movie was trending though. Blue Beetle is trending positively
    Trending is redundant either way. Social media has given people this strange idea of how the entertainment industry supposedly works. Hashtags don't generate ticket sales.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-04-2023 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    While true, you have to look at the context. None of the other DC films a part from Flash and Batman trended number one on both Twitter and YouTube. Morbius trended because of memes but the trailers never trended much. Blue Beetle is still currently #1 on YouTube, ahead of Secret Invasion. I think that’s a positive since TSS, Black Adam and Shazam weren’t able to do that. Then again Jaime appeals heavily to Gen Z and younger Millennials (the ones that grew up with him in all the DC shows).
    It kinda helps that Jaime/Blue Beetle basically screams Tadakatsu Hero, which is tremendously popular with Black and brown Millenials/Gen Z.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    It kinda helps that Jaime/Blue Beetle basically screams Tadakatsu Hero, which is tremendously popular with Black and brown Millenials/Gen Z.
    Do you mean Tokusatsu, like Kamen Rider or Super Sentai?

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Yeah, pretty much.

Looked fun. I liked the look of the costume. I’m interested in seeing it & I can’t say that was the case months ago. I also hope it prods DC to be a bit more diverse with their other movie projects.

The trailer didn't wow me, but it looked like it could be okay. This is character with tremendous potential that's got tons of proven successful characteristics in the genre.

A fun young hero with a great cast of supporting characters like Batman Beyond, Static Shock, Spider-Man etc. etc.

A fun, and versatile powersett with a hint of mystery. It's a little bit Guyver like, a little Venom like, but distinct from both. More technological like a power suite hero, but alien at the same time.

Jaime Reyes just check a ton of boxes if done right. And the lead actor has really grown up from season 1 of Cobra Kai.

That 2009 comic run is still great. The trailer didn't capture the essence or full potential for what it could be, but will se what happens. Hoping for the best. I don't think this will set records at the box office but hopefully its profitable and allows them to build for a sequel. I hope people have realistic expectations for this box office return.

Also I hope DC has a backup plan in case Flashpoint tanks. Despite all the good news and jubilation over the first trailer that's the film I have concerns about. Not whether its good or bad but whether it can clear $800M
    Last edited by Jabare; 04-04-2023 at 07:33 PM.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    TSS, Black Adam and Shazam bombing was unrelated to lack of more social media buzz as well. The memes about DC fans getting stuff trending on social media all the time and then showing an empty theater in real life says it all. I get what you mean but I think people often vastly overestimate the impact of social media on any entertainment product's performance. Trends don't tend to generate ticket sales or TV ratings, it just doesn't move the needle. I will never understand the perception of "the impact of social media" when ultimately it doesn't impact anything when it matters.

While true that social media can be a bit misleading at times, good buzz is still good buzz! Black Adam couldn’t get the hype Blue Beetle currently has on social media, even with a social media darling starring in the film (The Rock)! I mean right now on Tik Tok, Blue Beetle has 3x the amount of views of Shazam 2 and Black Adam (don’t remember where TSS ended at). Shows there is interest now let’s see how WB builds on it. Trailer is going to be attached to one of the biggest films of the year, Mario (currently tracking for around 150M OW) so that should also help the awareness (great idea to attach this to Mario!).

I just need this film to be a success and profitable so we get a sequel and Jaime added to the new DCU
    Last edited by El_Gato; 04-04-2023 at 05:25 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

The Suicide Squad bombed because of the omicron variant. It's crazy how people will talk about that movie (and WW84) and not mention that.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I will admit, him pulling out a Buster Sword did appealed to my interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I thought the Bat-fascist joke was funny. Not hilarious or anything, but funny.

Funnier thing is the people losing their minds over it. A throwaway line from a supporting character that's certainly meant for nothing more than a quick chuckle from the audience, but how dare anyone blasphemy against the great and almighty Batgod!
    People can't take a joke i guess, i mean i had a good chuckle at hearing George Lopez drop that line.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    While true that social media can be a bit misleading at times, good buzz is still good buzz! Black Adam couldn’t get the hype Blue Beetle currently has on social media, even with a social media darling starring in the film (The Rock)! I mean right now on Tik Tok, Blue Beetle has 3x the amount of views of Shazam 2 and Black Adam (don’t remember where TSS ended at). Shows there is interest now let’s see how WB builds on it. Trailer is going to be attached to one of the biggest films of the year, Mario (currently tracking for around 150M OW) so that should also help the awareness (great idea to attach this to Mario!).

I just need this film to be a success and profitable so we get a sequel and Jaime added to the new DCU
    Of course we won’t know anything until August 18 but there definitely seems to be positive feedback coming from the trailer, which I think is pretty damn important considering this will be the first introduction to the character for the vast majority of the audience. A bad first trailer could have absolutely destroyed this thing.

Black Adam’s first trailer wasn’t that good and I think it killed a lot of momentum for the movie. Shazam 2’s first trailer didn’t generate any electricity and apparently the world was just done with Shazam overall. The Flash trailer was fantastic and it sounds like it’s gonna be huge despite the Ezra situation.

Blue Beetle is basically an unknown IP and the film’s budget is relatively small, so it doesn’t need to break box-office records. it just needs to get to the point of being profitable, considering how desperate WB is right now, and there will be potential for a sequel and a huge push for Jaime in other media. I don’t think anyone is expecting the story to be groundbreaking. It will probably be a paint by numbers superhero origin flick but it will hopefully still be entertaining. Xolo is charming and has a built in audience from Cobra Kai and it’s making headlines for being the first live action superhero movie to star a Latino character. I’m much more confident BB will be ok after the first trailer and I’m usually very pessimistic.

If it was Angel Manuel Soto‘s idea to lean heavily into the anime and Tokusatsu influence, it was a great move. That seems like what’s catching the attention of younger fans.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-04-2023 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    If it was Angel Manuel Soto‘s idea to lean heavily into the anime and Tokusatsu influence, it was a great move. That seems like what’s catching the attention of younger fans.
    Anime is insanely popular with Gen Z! All my sisters are into anime! Like obsessed. So yeah it was definitely smart on Angels part!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Speaking of TSS, ironically the Latino audience did show up for El Diablo in the first SS movie and Chato is far less popular than Jaime. Or maybe they just liked Jay Hernandez. Either way that movie's turn out was really something else, really showed how key marketing is. It doesn't matter what's trending or what reviews it gets, if the trailers can sell people on it, they would show up.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-04-2023 at 09:03 PM.