Page 422 of 501 FirstFirst ... 322372412418419420421422423424425426432472 ... LastLast
Results 6,316 to 6,330 of 7502

Thread: DCU Movies

Mighty Member

Can't wait until Batman is donning his cowl with nanotech .
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    WB dumped the red carpet for aquaman 2 and threw a little party and only wan and momoa came.

Dang. Not even a red carpet wb.

https://www.reddit.com/r/boxoffice/c...t_premiere_or/
    Kind of sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Mera apparently has just a tiny bit less amount of screentime than Orm does
    That actually doesn't sound that bad.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

A review popped up for the film from a geek website so not a critic and they gave it a 8/10, they said it was visually great and fun. I am sure we'll all take that!

Tbh I am looking forward to it, the last hurrah! Not sure I will be too invested in the new DCU, like I'll watch the films but I won't scour every little detail watch trailers etc (unless at theatres)
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I thought they were going to show the final cut of Aquaman 2 earlier and there was something worth to mention after the last round of reshoot in June. Well, there isn't.

Major changes happened already long ago: Wan tweaked the plot around the villains, Black Manta and the King of Necrus (a fusion of Mongo, Kordax and King Atlan's brother Orin from the comics) while Gunn/Safran removed subplots tied to sequels/multiverse crossovers which left the film as self-contained as CBMs used to be in the 80s/90s. spoilers:
    Pre and post-reshoots or subplots removal, Aquaman 2 still concluded with a resolution/happy ending for Arthur, his family and people.
    end of spoilers

There was a back and forth lately about what happened to Vulko: spoilers:
    dead off-screen or not mentioned at all in other cuts (and the prequel comic has him hospitalized but alive to reflect late cuts). From what I head in the final version he died off-screen (again?)
    end of spoilers

Mera's role/screentime seems unchanged spoilers:
    injured by Manta in the 1st act, absent in the mid-section of the film and returns for the 3rd act to kick ass
    end of spoilers

About James Gunn's claim that Aquaman 2 somehow lead to Superman: Legacy spoilers:
    If it wasn't already clear, the dude is a manipulative liar lol. Same for The Flash/Shazam 2 there isn't any connection/set up for the new DCU included by Gunn at the 11th hour. It's not even supposed to be the same universe for God's sake!

The only "extra" scene saved for the theatrical release is one brief cringe mid-credits gag (a follow-up to other fun scenes from earlier in the film) that mean nothing for the future.
    end of spoilers

Nerds I know had a good time with it as much as (or close to) the first Aquaman. Dumb fun with paper thin story.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post

Not off to a strong star, then...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I thought they were going to show the final cut of Aquaman 2 earlier and there was something worth to mention after the last round of reshoot in June. Well, there isn't.

Major changes happened already long ago: Wan tweaked the plot around the villains, Black Manta and the King of Necrus (a fusion of Mongo, Kordax and King Atlan's brother Orin from the comics) while Gunn/Safran removed subplots tied to sequels/multiverse crossovers which left the film as self-contained as CBMs used to be in the 80s/90s. spoilers:
    Pre and post-reshoots or subplots removal, Aquaman 2 still concluded with a resolution/happy ending for Arthur, his family and people.
    end of spoilers

There was a back and forth lately about what happened to Vulko: spoilers:
    dead off-screen or not mentioned at all in other cuts (and the prequel comic has him hospitalized but alive to reflect late cuts). From what I head in the final version he died off-screen (again?)
    end of spoilers

Mera's role/screentime seems unchanged spoilers:
    injured by Manta in the 1st act, absent in the mid-section of the film and returns for the 3rd act to kick ass
    end of spoilers

About James Gunn's claim that Aquaman 2 somehow lead to Superman: Legacy spoilers:
    If it wasn't already clear, the dude is a manipulative liar lol. Same for The Flash/Shazam 2 there isn't any connection/set up for the new DCU included by Gunn at the 11th hour. It's not even supposed to be the same universe for God's sake!

The only "extra" scene saved for the theatrical release is one brief cringe mid-credits gag (a follow-up to other fun scenes from earlier in the film) that mean nothing for the future.
    end of spoilers

Nerds I know had a good time with it as much as (or close to) the first Aquaman. Dumb fun with paper thin story.
    That's pretty much why I liked the original. Great visual style and production design, wildly imaginative world-building, a likable lead actor, and a vibe like a cheesy 80s sword-and-sorcery movie on steroids. It's not high art by any means, but it was so exuberately weird and over-the-top that I really enjoyed it. It's a shame to see the genre struggling so much right now.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Im extremely happy! I’m tired of the realism! Give us the comic accurate bat family and rogues gallery! We’ve never had that before so it’s a fresh concept
    The Batfamily is awfully big, most of the time their adventures are mediocre while Batman looks like an abusive father. Villains like Man Bat, Mr Freeze or Grundy are only interesting in terms of make up or CGi. Bring on the Penguin and the Falcones.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    That's pretty much why I liked the original. Great visual style and production design, wildly imaginative world-building, a likable lead actor, and a vibe like a cheesy 80s sword-and-sorcery movie on steroids. It's not high art by any means, but it was so exuberately weird and over-the-top that I really enjoyed it. It's a shame to see the genre struggling so much right now.
    The more comic-book-y and over the top the better, imo. I do like the genre being varied and stuff like Wan's Aquaman can co-exist with the more serious and grounded The Batman.

WBD and Paramount in talks to merge

Don’t know if this would affect DC at all, Paramount is the smaller and worse off company so I assume Zaslav would be laying off Paramount staff, but who knows.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    WBD and Paramount in talks to merge

Don’t know if this would affect DC at all, Paramount is the smaller and worse off company so I assume Zaslav would be laying off Paramount staff, but who knows.
    I did not have that on my bingo card.

Why would any company want to merge with WBD and get all their debt?

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I did not have that on my bingo card.

Why would any company want to merge with WBD and get all their debt?
    Paramount is in worse straits than WBD is. Their streaming service cannot compete with the big boys and is costing them money. You have to take all the Doom and gloom on Twitter surrounding WBD with a pinch of salt, reason Zaslav keeps his job is he was the first to back away from the streaming wars and the first to make his streaming service profitable. From a financial POV he’s done a great job, it’s from a creative perspective that he sucks.

End goal of this is to form a company that can challenge Disney, and Paramount has valuable IP that Zaslav could exploit.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

https://www.axios.com/2023/12/20/war..._medium=social
    WBD's market value was around $29 billion as of Wednesday, while Paramount's was just over $10 billion, so any merger would not be of equals.

Behind the scenes: One source familiar with the discussions says the strategy being considered mirrors Zaslav's blueprint for prior mergers.

When merging with Scripps in 2018 and then WarnerMedia in 2022, Zaslav kept his core strategic team in place while retaining new creative talent leaders from the companies he acquired.
    Executives are confident that the deal would receive regulatory approval, despite D.C.'s active antitrust climate. Notably, Warner Bros. Discovery doesn't own a broadcast network, which would clear an easier path than would a combination with a company like NBC owner Comcast.
    A tax provision used to merge WarnerMedia and Discovery expires next year, which would legally allow WBD to explore another deal.
    Zaslav told investors last month that the company's cost-cutting measures and debt reduction now put it in a position "to allocate more capital toward growth opportunities."
    Yeah this isn’t a merging of equals, it’s WBD eating Paramount but some Paramount execs might get to keep/find new positions in the new organization. Zaslav would still be in charge.

DC and Stark Trek under the same umbrella again?