Page 106 of 499 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 7480

Thread: DCU Movies

Another thing to keep in mind: who says all these movies are happening concurrently? For example maybe Legacy takes place in Year 2 of the DCU while Brave & Bold takes place in Year 10. Sure it’s a pain to wrap your head around but no more so than what they seem to be doing with rebooting some franchises while leaving others alone.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Why should Wonder Woman need an elseworlds series? She first needs an animated series in general.
    Because we dont need an animated series that is set in DC Studio continuity. Anything that is not part of this large world is now considered Elseworlds.

Mighty Member

So, we have release dates for 2 of the upcoming movies but what about the tv shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Another thing to keep in mind: who says all these movies are happening concurrently? For example maybe Legacy takes place in Year 2 of the DCU while Brave & Bold takes place in Year 10. Sure it’s a pain to wrap your head around but no more so than what they seem to be doing with rebooting some franchises while leaving others alone.
    Wait how exactly is that going to work?

Damn. This pic from Deadline certainly puts things in perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Wait how exactly is that going to work?
    No clue, to be clear this is speculation on my part.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Multiple Superman and Batman movies, but GL is stuck as a TV show. I hope it's good, but nothing here is especially interesting or exciting to me.
    These days, a good tv show is worth more than a movie for sure. This isn't going to be a CW joint. It seems important enough for them to do it right which means as much screentime as three movies. (I mean, how many movies would be worth the three seasons of Daredevil we got?)

What will be just as important as stories that builds confidence in DC back is budget. The beginning projects will definitely need their budgets reined in. A good filmmaker should be able to make a good product even with a limited budget. Warner Discovery is all about money now, and they won't let DC Studios continue if they aren't even earning back their production/marketing costs.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

And somehow WW is still not given the respect she deserves by the studio.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    These days, a good tv show is worth more than a movie for sure. This isn't going to be a CW joint. It seems important enough for them to do it right which means as much screentime as three movies. (I mean, how many movies would be worth the three seasons of Daredevil we got?)
    I don't really agree outside of dramas. Most of the Disney+ Marvel and Star Wars content has been weak. There won't be as much budget as a film and these shows never feel as "big" as a movie. I'm also much more fond of watching a movie than having a story dragged out unnecessarily for ten episodes. It's a lot more tedious and difficult to keep up with, especially now when we're inundated with endless streaming shows. I haven't been able to keep up with any of it as it is.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 01-31-2023 at 08:59 PM.

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

Ouch. It sure isn't like Marvel's cash machine. I liked "The Suicide Squad" better than "Suicide Squad," but covid and streaming at the same time as theatrical release killed it. The execs in charge at the time made some really bad decisions.

Hopefully the next four movies will turn a profit and don't tank the new DCU before it can begin. I mean Aquaman 2 will be fine, and Shazam won't lose money. But the other two are bigger risks.

can you post the article some of these numbers don't feel right. Justice League should have lost way more.

"The Suicide Suage and Wonder Woman 1984 both dropped during the pandemic and were available to anyone with HBO Max at no additional charge so take that with a grain of salt.

Batgirl was never a planned theatrical release, right? I think it was going straight to HBO Max.

I need to check Black Adams budget (goes to check) holy cow that movie made way less then I thought. For some reason I thought it made $600 Million but it didn't even clear $400M.

Yeah time for a restart. My concern is that all the malcontents on Twitter will stop future DC films from reaching Marvel heights. Hope I'm wrong
    The J-man

An article on Lanterns.

With Gunn and Safran, a new direction is once again being explored. Gunn described it as a “huge HBO TV style event” while Safran said it was a very important and foundational series for their slate.

“This plays a really big role in leading into the main story we are telling across film and TV,” Safran said.

And unlike the casting of the previous actors, who had little chance of seeing themselves on the big screen, the actors who will play the Lanterns will also carry those roles into theaters.

Using the example of John Cena, who played violent character Peacemaker in Gunn’s feature The Suicide Squad, then starred in HBO Max’s spinoff Peacemaker, Safran said, “Anyone we cast as John Stewart and Hal Jordan, they will then cross over into the movie side of things. That’s important to us. We don’t want the series to feel in any way like stepchildren or lesser than. It’s just another way to tell a story.”

The executives are looking forward to using the series format to explore and develop characters, in a way that the movie medium cannot.

“We had in incredible experience with Peacemaker to be able spend eight hours digging deep into the character,” said Safran. “Whereas in a movie you find yourself moving the story along. You don’t have that luxury to spend time with the characters like you would here.”

Gunn and Safran also teased that they were already talking to actors about Lanterns.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...ti-1235314685/

Cool, they better be talking to Glen Powell and Trevante Rhodes then. Seems like a no-brainer.

Wonder Woman 84 and The Suicide Squad should have asterisks next to them as they were released during the peak of COVID and had a same day streaming deal.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Cool, they better be talking to Glen Powell and Trevante Rhodes then. Seems like a no-brainer.
    I feel like that's such a typecast. I doubt Powell wants to only play pilots his entire career. It just feels like it'd be more of what we've already seen from him.

I also think he comes off as a bit too preppy frat guy for Hal.