Page 491 of 499 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,365 of 7471

Thread: DCU Movies

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    New Lois looks great.

They couldn't recast Lois with someone that had darker hair?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They couldn't recast Lois with someone that had darker hair?
    That's it. You won the Internet today. Everyone else can log off now.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Same here. I have no issues with it. In fact, I prefer older Hal than younger Hal.
    What about writing Hal and Carol as a couple with teen kids ?

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I've been a Hal fan since way before Johns. Hal and Ollie were always older guys when I was growing up. Hal was quite clearly intended to be older and more experienced than John, so I just don't really find it bothersome. I doubt Hal will be depicted as a man in his 70s like Pym was. If anything, he'll be middle-aged like Scott Lang and a lot of the main MCU characters have been.

I think the more likely outcome is that Hal's going to be written as the douchey Maverick knockoff DC has been portraying him as since Johns took over. At least gray-haired Hal had some degree of maturity and depth.
    The irony is Powell is 35, he's young but he's not *that* young. He's older than Ryan Reynolds was back when he was cast. I can easily see a modern-day Hal Jordan being portrayed as an 80s millennial and have a decent level of maturity to him. GL: TAS is obviously the best example of Hal who isn't older, yet has a lot of depth and walks the perfect line between the space jockey and the guy who means business when it matters the most.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The irony is Powell is 35, he's young but he's not *that* young. He's older than Ryan Reynolds was back when he was cast. I can easily see a modern-day Hal Jordan being portrayed as an 80s millennial and have a decent level of maturity to him. GL: TAS is obviously the best example of Hal who isn't older, yet has a lot of depth and walks the perfect line between the space jockey and the guy who means business when it matters the most.
    Yeah, it's not really Powell's age that I object to as much as how uninspired it feels to me. It's kind of like when Chris Pine was fancast back in the day. Look, I love Chris Pine and he'd have made a great Hal, but I feel like you've seen him play it when he was Captain Kirk (and later on, Steve Trevor). Most of the time, the best casting is more unexpected and interesting, in my opinion.

Powell also exudes kind of prep school, Ivy League, frat guy vibes. He looks like a Ken doll. I feel like Hal should have a bit more of a rugged, classically cool vibe.

I wasn't a big fan of the newest Star Wars movies, but I remember watching 7 and 8 and thinking Poe Dameron was a good example how I'd like to see Hal portrayed. He's idealistic, he's compassionate, but he's got swagger and an insubordinate streak. But Isaac played him with such a likable, warm, charismatic personality (especially in 7) that the streak of arrogance and temper didn't make him unlikable. I'm not saying Oscar Isaac should play Hal, either, although he's a good actor. But just somebody like that. Someone who can play that kind of Harrison Ford cool with the right amount of idealism and heart.

I think people saw Powell playing an arrogant jerk pilot and just wanted more of the same.

BANNED

New Lois looks great.

Corenswet's dog stealing everyone's chair on-set is the kind of behind-the-scenes content I'm looking for. John Wesley Shipp once posted a picture of his French bulldog, Sophia, in a little Jay Garrick hat on his social media and it was my favorite thing.

New Lois looks great.

Is that the Cape behind it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Same here. I have no issues with it. In fact, I prefer older Hal than younger Hal.
    As long as we don't get Emerald Twilight or Beware My Power Hal .

the announcement that the Silver Surfer will be in the Fantastic Four movie obviously means that Galactus will be right behind his herald. I wonder if this will dampen any plans for Brainiac since they’re rather similar. Thanos getting to the big screen first and being the villain for one of the biggest film franchises of all time has made the average pop culture fan view Darkseid as the second rate “knock off” even though he was created first.

Building up to The Collector of Worlds may be more of a challenge after people have already seen the Devourer of Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    the announcement that the Silver Surfer will be in the Fantastic Four movie obviously means that Galactus will be right behind his herald. I wonder if this will dampen any plans for Brainiac since they’re rather similar. Thanos getting to the big screen first and being the villain for one of the biggest film franchises of all time has made the average pop culture fan view Darkseid as the second rate “knock off” even though he was created first.

Building up to The Collector of Worlds may be more of a challenge after people have already seen the Devourer of Worlds.
    The meme was years ago we couldn't have Braniac in a movie because he was to close to Ultron This isn't a serious concern as the MCU has repeatedly proven unable to write captivating or memorable villains and this was when people watched their films. Now it is a dead franchise so it matters even less.

Also, no one seriously thinks the Darkseid is a Thanos rip-off and if they do and publicly state that opinion, they will be rudely corrected.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The meme was years ago we couldn't have Braniac in a movie because he was to close to Ultron This isn't a serious concern as the MCU has repeatedly proven unable to write captivating or memorable villains and this was when people watched their films. Now it is a dead franchise so it matters even less.

Also, no one seriously thinks the Darkseid is a Thanos rip-off and if they do and publicly state that opinion, they will be rudely corrected.
    They're both Jack Kirby ideas. So it's very similar just because they have the same creator.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    They're both Jack Kirby ideas. So it's very similar just because they have the same creator.
    Maybe, I never thought they were similar characters at all until MCU fans began saying 'Thanos killed Darkseid!' Even in the Snyder version, these are pretty different characters, especially since the MCU version is pretty far removed from how Thanos traditional behaves (doesn't he want to marry death?).
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post

I was mainly thinking about how audiences are pretty tired of standard superhero movies and seem to only have time for something that’s unique.

BANNED

I was mainly thinking about how audiences are pretty tired of standard superhero movies and seem to only have time for something that’s unique.
    True. The alien(s) attack earth thing is a staple of the genre, but as a result, it's been done a lot in these movies. Then again, Gunn has just stated that Luthor is the primary villain of the Superman movie, and it's not like we haven't seen that before. Granted, I imagine this will be one of the better live action adaptations of Luthor, but if we're going by what's unique, that one's been done to death too.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    True. The alien(s) attack earth thing is a staple of the genre, but as a result, it's been done a lot in these movies. Then again, Gunn has just stated that Luthor is the primary villain of the Superman movie, and it's not like we haven't seen that before. Granted, I imagine this will be one of the better live action adaptations of Luthor, but if we're going by what's unique, that one's been done to death too.
    Yeah, I’m a big fan of Gunn, Superman is my favorite character, and I’m happy we may finally get a comic accurate Lex on screen but the possibility of him once again being the main villain has seriously dampened my excitement for the movie.

BANNED

Yeah, I’m a big fan of Gunn, Superman is my favorite character, and I’m happy we may finally get a comic accurate Lex on screen but the possibility of him once again being the main villain has seriously dampened my excitement for the movie.
    I was hoping for Lex to be a recurring character throughout the new movie universe, almost a supporting cast member as much as an antagonist (almost like Lex and Lionel were in Smallville), rather than be the primary antagonist of the first movie. Maybe he still will be, but it does feel a little "Here we go again."

I have mixed feelings about Gunn's writing, although I like his visual style a lot. I'll say this: I feel like this movie will still be unique, even if it is Superman vs Lex again. I can't imagine this feeling like any other Superman movie. I don't know if I'll like it or not, but it'll be interesting to see either way.

Also, I'm a huge fan of Lex. He's probably my favorite villain in comics, so I feel the same as you. I'm excited to see what will probably be the most comic-accurate Lex we've had in a movie. I loved Rosenbaum as Lex (probably where my love for the character began, honestly) and I think Michael Cudlitz is doing a really interesting, cool take on Superman and Lois right now, but I'm very excited to see what Gunn and Hoult do with the character.