Page 466 of 498 FirstFirst ... 366416456462463464465466467468469470476 ... LastLast
Results 6,976 to 6,990 of 7462

Thread: DCU Movies

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Updates on Creature Commandos, Peacemaker S2 and Waller:

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-10-2024 at 09:12 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I'm just gonna pretend it is canon.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

As long as the intro has another full choreographed dance, I'm with it.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Just Greg Weisman it. "similar events happened"

He goes on to say the important strands carry over, so I take that to mean "The major stuff is canon, just ignore that Jason Momoa and Ezra Miller appeared in the finale."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    My issue with Cavill's Superman is that he barely spoke. He had such little dialogue compared to everyone else in both BvS and MoS and he really only says a few lines in ZSJL, I don't remember JL2017 but he couldn't have been that much more chatty in that either. Silent Superman just did not work for me, even with all the stuff I loved about that version of the character.
    Exactly.

He had so few lines in BvS it was absurd.

We never really got into his mind the way I would liked.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

Lol...James Gunn retconning his own work.

Fantastic Member

Gunn's DCU hasn't even started and already the continuity is a hot mess. He got a little selfish and wanted to keep the characters he worked on while discarding everything else. What part of "clean slate" does he not understand?

Add to the fact that he is stuffing the Superman with random characters. People forget that Gunn didn't even want to do a Superman movie, he said a couple years ago how he wasn't interested in the character so he picked Suicide Squad. Plus Gunn wanted to include a brainwashed Superman as the final villain in his Suicide Squad movie. And his slate of movies is all over the place with a couple of popular characters and bunch of obscure properties.

It's like DCU is copying every problem that DCEU had. Getting a guy who is not interested in traditional Superman story, and getting him to throw things at the wall to see if anything will stick.

At this point I won't be surprised if Superman dies at the end of Gunn's movie and then Supergirl movie is about her coming to terms with his death and becoming a hero like him.
    Last edited by Laser_Man; 03-10-2024 at 11:57 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    Gunn's DCU hasn't even started and already the continuity is a hot mess. He got a little selfish and wanted to keep the characters he worked on while discarding everything else. What part of "clean slate" does he not understand?

Add to the fact that he is stuffing the Superman with random characters. People forget that Gunn didn't even want to do a Superman movie, he said a couple years ago how he wasn't interested in the character so he picked Suicide Squad. Plus Gunn wanted to include a brainwashed Superman as the final villain in his Suicide Squad movie. And his slate of movies is all over the place with a couple of popular characters and bunch of obscure properties.

It's like DCU is copying every problem that DCEU had. Getting a guy who is not interested in traditional Superman story, and getting him to throw things at the wall to see if anything will stick.

At this point I won't be surprised if Superman dies at the end of Gunn's movie and then Supergirl movie is about her coming to terms with his death and becoming a hero like him.
    Just because you say dumb stuff doesn't make it likely to happen or true.
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 03-10-2024 at 12:07 PM.

Astonishing Member

And I thought Jeffrey2 was insufferable with his constant doomposting. But this kinda a new level.

Laser Man makes good points, at least in the fact that Gunn constantly contradicts himself, especially about comics and comic characters he likes. But I think acting like this movie is so far removed from traditional Superman is quite a reach. This movie oozes tradition- maybe even too much. And other superheroes being in the movie doesn't mean it's a superhero team up movie. We haven't seen any major changes to the characters or lore at all. I'm not sure why he thinks Superman would die at the end. huh?
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Really excited that Peacemaker season 2 is about to start filming!

We know that season 1 takes place in a different universe but I hope we don’t have to be reintroduced to all the characters and pretend like they’re meeting Peacemaker for the first time.

Maybe have the Peacemaker be a guest speaker at another school and have him go on a comedic rant about reality always changing.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-10-2024 at 01:47 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

This is far from a hot mess.

S1 had to be part of the DCEU and was before any potential for a complete reboot.

While I would've been down for a complete reboot, keeping certain characters wont be the end all be all and wont be as if it erases all of who some of these characters are.

He may not have wanted to do SUperman back in the day but he is now and nothing indicates that he isnt interested in "traditional" Superman. Do we have all of the important Superman characters in this upcoming movie? Did I miss them not being it?

Do traditional SUperman stories never involve crossvers? Have I not been reading the same comics for the 25 years? Is S:TAS not considered a good Superman show?

Superman and Lois is not part of Earth 1 Arrowverse and yet involves some characters like Diggle. Is it suddenly a hot mess of a show?

BANNED

I don't think Gunn has any great lifetime love of Superman and I very much remember his comments during the press stuff for TSS, but now he's in charge of the whole studio and universe. I don't have any great affection for him personally, but he's not an idiot and he's said he's aiming for a very sincere and earnest take on Superman. There's a reason the casting has all been very safe and Gunn is promoting Morrison's work as an inspiration. He knows he can't do a non-traditional or irreverent take on the character and that way more is riding on this being a success than TSS. They know their whole studio and launch depends on this movie being a success with the general audience and winning back trust in the brand. If the movie sucks, honestly, it's going to be because they play it too safe and overcorrect from Snyder and make Superman too saccharine and one-note.

I understand not liking the guy, but stuff like this is just irrational.