Page 98 of 499 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 7471

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Flash will indeed be used to hit the reboot button as predicted.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/e...nn-1235507014/
    Building off of Flash is going to be a nightmare continuity wise:

spoilers:
    The ending has Keaton as the main universe Batman and that clearly isn’t the case for Gunn. How the hell do you build off of that? Or how about the entire movie being full of references to MoS, which if they keep Sasha is only going to confuse people on what her origin is?
    end of spoilers
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The Morrison influence on Batman and Superman has me more excited about the DC movies than I have been in ages. I would have preferred Robin be Dick, but this also means we are likely getting Nightwing.

And hopefully Historia is the biggest influence on the Amazon show. Do a soft reboot away from the DCEU origin of them.
    Same.

It's a shame Dick'll not start as Robin but that was sadly always unlikely.

Historia better get a boost out of this pre-WW movie. The movie could also be about Asteria.

Creature Commandos! Wow that was unexpected.

Batman & Damien. I would much rather see a focus on Nightwing or even Red Hood but hopefully this opens up a lot of possibilities with the Batfamily.

How do you make the classic Authority work in a world where Superman and the rest of the traditional DC heroes exist? They’re going to have to be very watered down. “What's So Funny About Truth, Justice & the American Way?" was pretty much about why that wouldn’t work. Either way it will be cool to finally get a live action Midnighter.

Great to see Booster Gold!

I really didn’t like King’s Supergirl series so I’m not thrilled that that will be the inspiration for the movie.

When talking about the 4 movies coming out this year, the only one he insinuated could continue in his new universe was Shazam. It looking like Blue Beetle is one and done. If they’re doing a Booster Gold movie, they’re gonna want Ted Kord.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    So who can tell me what's in continuity and what isn't?
    Sounds like Waller (Viola Davis), the Peacemakerverse, and possibly Shazam. Everything else sounds like it’s out.
    Last edited by Robotman; 01-31-2023 at 10:52 AM.

I can already see a lot of this stuff not being successful
    This is not going to bring back the fans who already hate Gunn and then you also have to appeal to and appease the fans who are still hoping for something good.

They still have all these remnant DCEU movies as well

Odd choice to go directly with Damian I know Morrison has a huge influence on Gunn's vision but I personally think you could go in so many other directions besides jumping to the 4th or 5th Robin. So Batman is again older when he just claimed to want to make younger heroes.

I'm nitpicking but still
    I'm excited for the Supergirl movie though whoever ends up playing her

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I think even them have to still figure it out, lol.

They're probably skipping straight to Damian so that they can do a Titans movie with Nightwing as soon as possible. Hell, they might even do it before the JL.

Anyway, The Authority is the most exciting announcement for me. Apollo and Midnighter will finally get their due (hopefully). Paradise Lost and the Super movies also sound pretty good.

Did anyone else chuckle when Gunn was describing some characters as Marvellous?

From what I'm seeing, nothing in the previous continuity is still part of the continuity.
    New Superman, new Batman, no WW Flash or Aquaman, GL was MIA in the old continuity.
    Unclear if the Sashe Calle Supergirl is the new proposed Supergirl (but thinking no?)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Flash will indeed be used to hit the reboot button as predicted.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/e...nn-1235507014/
    Literally from the article:

There’s no reason why any of the characters and the actors [currently] playing those characters are not part of the DCU. There’s nothing that prohibits that from happening.
    And Viola Davis is reprising the role of Amanda Waller. So, as suspected, it is not a full reboot. We're getting a new Superman and Batman. But it looks like they're keeping the door open for everyone else to keep playing who they're playing.

They're even leaving it open for Ezra Miller to return as Flash it seems. As surprising as that is. I don't condone of their behavior, but I don't want to disparage anyone who is putting in the effort to recover from mental illness. I wish them all the best on their journey of recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    From what I'm seeing, nothing in the previous continuity is still part of the continuity.
    New Superman, new Batman, no WW Flash or Aquaman, GL was MIA in the old continuity.
    Unclear if the Sashe Calle Supergirl is the new proposed Supergirl (but thinking no?)
    Viola Davis Amanda Waller in a new series. And its confirmed as a follow-up to Peacemaker.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 01-31-2023 at 10:59 AM.

I don't know how Superman will mesh with Gunn's tone.

So, in the end, we get the buddy-cop series with Hal and John. At least no one's fans will complain, of course until we see how they're handled.

The Authority makes sense in a post-The Boys world.

Paradise Lost is interesting... "filled with political intrigue and scheming between power players" not sure if that's about the Gods or not, but not sure how that'll be framed.

Finally, a Batman and Robin film. Although not calling it Batman and Robin feels like a missed opportunity. I don't think BatB fits.

I wonder if the other Robins will exist or if they get any live-action projects its outside the DCEU.

Booster Gold could be fun. Billy Magnussen is my early pick.

So I wonder if Supergirl will take some cues from her 00s run since they seem to be going edgier. Hopefully, not in a terrible way but even then...

Overall, I hate Wonder Woman isn't getting anything new, maybe they want a bigger gap, but two Batman films set in different universes opens the door for them to do whatever.

Would've liked a bit more diversity but I saw that coming. In terms of character variety and story, there is some.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I wonder if the other Robins will exist or if they get any live-action projects its outside the DCEU.
    One of the trades wrote that this Batman movie will introduce the batfam.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    They're probably skipping straight to Damian so that they can do a Titans movie with Nightwing as soon as possible. Hell, they might even do it before the JL.

Anyway, The Authority is the most exciting announcement for me. Apollo and Midnighter will finally get their due (hopefully). Paradise Lost and the Super movies also sound pretty good.
    Damian just makes more sense because you can give Batman a Robin, but you also can have Nightwing, Red Hood and Tim Drake already in play and don’t have to waste cycles building them up to what people really care about anyways. Otherwise you either ignore some of them or you spend an entire Batman series devoted to “Dick becomes Robin, Dick has some adventure, falling out, Bruce finds Jason, some adventures, he dies, Bruce moped around, enter Tim”.

Gunn at least gave more interesting announcements than the brain trust's Dawn of DC's initiative.

Hopefully the Paradise Lost show pulls from the good WW content (see Not New 52) though "Game of Thrones" gives me dreads.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Sounds like Waller (Viola Davis), the Peacemakerverse, and possibly Shazam. Everything else sounds like it’s out.
    Well, these comments are pretty encouraging for Jason Momoa's future as Aquaman:

As far as DC’s future with Momoa, “Jason always saw Aquaman as a trilogy,” said Safran.

There was also buzz out there that Momoa would take on the DC role of Lobo.

Asserted Gunn on Monday, “I will say we won’t have an actor playing two different roles.”
    https://deadline.com/2023/01/dc-movi...nn-1235245269/

So, instead of them giving Jason the role of Lobo, as a lot of people here were theorizing, maybe that news that made Jason so happy was actually just them green-lighting Aquaman 3.

But I will say: if they are leaving the door open for Ezra and Jason to return and DON'T do the same for Gal, that would be truly messed up.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 01-31-2023 at 11:31 AM.