Page 242 of 495 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252292342 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 7421

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but it does seem like top critics are kind of in their "anti-superhero movie" phase.

I think Spider-verse kind of got away with it because it's animated.

The critics that I trust say that Flash is very good.
    All the Youtube critics I watch gave good reviews
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    Now down to 72% on rotten tomatoes. Looks like Gunn and David Zaslav were full of ****.
    Gunn didn’t say The Flash is THE best superhero movie ever made. He said it’s one of the best superhero movies HE’S ever seen. It was a personal opinion. But of course people are using that against the movie.

My ideal outcome for this movie is that it makes enough to not scare Zaslav into pulling the plug on Gunn & Safran, but not so much that Gunn gets pressured into keeping Miller. Seems like that’s exactly what this movie will end up being, a modest success which suits me.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is GoTG 3 the only recent Superhero movie not to get flack for CG? That I've seen at least.
    The CGI in Flash was pretty bad. I liked the movie, but the CGI was definitely a flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    The CGI in Flash was pretty bad. I liked the movie, but the CGI was definitely a flaw.
    CG budget strikes again for The Flash!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    You understand that's a good score, right?
    Lol. Since when has that stopped people?

The film will prob settle somewhere in the 70-80 range on RT but there’s a group of people here who decided back in 2013 to hate literally everything that the DCU churns out.

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist but it does seem like top critics are kind of in their "anti-superhero movie" phase.

Or perhaps because it’s a unique, visually stunning theatrical experience that pushes filmmaking into new, inventive territory. Whereas The Flash, even if it turns out decent, is more of the same old, same old
    Last edited by Dipter; 06-06-2023 at 10:15 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Or perhaps because it’s a unique, visually stunning theatrical experience that pushes filmmaking into new, inventive territory. Whereas The Flash, even if it turns out decent, is more of the same old, same old
    Agreed.

I think the recent critical hammering of comic book movies has been more than fair. There's been a lot of bad ones, some okay ones, but the last great live action superhero movie was NWH for me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    My ideal outcome for this movie is that it makes enough to not scare Zaslav into pulling the plug on Gunn & Safran.
    I don't think he would, Gunn has nothing to do with this movie. It's essentially old regime project, the only reason they're marketing the hell out of it is because it has a big budget.
    Gunn future depends on Legacy and Brave and Bold.

I get more and more confident that Superman Legacy is going to be a full reboot of the DCEU. Now just waiting on Aquaman but I don't really have high expectations for that either from a commercial perspective.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I wouldn't set too much store by what critics have to say, as much as I enjoy reading reviews. Especially the ones who want to focus on Ezra Miller's misdemeanors because you know that they aren't bothered about providing an objective review of the film itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Plus Marvel in both Spider Verse and MCU beat DC to the Multiverse of the big screen

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Plus Marvel in both Spider Verse and MCU beat DC to the Multiverse of the big screen
    Can't forget Everything Everywhere all At Once. Unfortunately due to its production struggles everyone drank the multiverse milkshake while the flash was still figuring out it's script.

The critics that I trust say that Flash is very good.
    I think the anti-superhero movie bias you mention is part of it. Thanks to Marvel, there has been so much product out there that critics, at least, and probably the audience, based on the lukewarm to poor numbers for Quatumania, Shazam, and Black Adam, have reached near-burnout. It's not surprising. People were saying this for awhile. Didn't Spielberg or Scorsece and even Kevin Feige say something to the effect that superhero films will eventually go the way of the Westen due to their proliferation?

Unfortunately for the DCU, thanks to a very initiation under Zack Snyder and no plan resulting in mediocre to poorly received movies, the critics also have a bias, I believe, against any DC film. The prior heads of the DCU (unfortunately including Geoff Johns who I think is one of those blamed for the poor reception of Justice League), really messed up, beginning with having Snyder usher in the DCU with his overly violent, dark, and deconstructed take on superheroes and continuing on with promoting C level characters like Suicide Squad, Blue Beetle, Birds of Prey, etc. The brand is damaged. That's why Zaslav hired Gunn and Safran, to try to redefine the DC brand.

So, based on superhero fatigue and the damaged DC brand, I think it's inevitable that the critics are going to go harder on Flash or any other DC film. Gunn might get some goodwill for his Superman film based on his outstanding Guardians of the Galaxy films, but beyond that, I think it's going to be rough going.