Page 470 of 501 FirstFirst ... 370420460466467468469470471472473474480 ... LastLast
Results 7,036 to 7,050 of 7505

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Gunn said, that Reeves doesn't impact their plans for TBATB at all.
    I can see them actually trying to rush TBATB before Part 2.
    Problem is I doubt WB wants two Batman movies releasing within a year of each other. It could negatively impact the box office for whichever one comes after.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Problem is I doubt WB wants two Batman movies releasing within a year of each other. It could negatively impact the box office for whichever one comes after.
    I don't think they care as much, as people think.
    From their perspective, there just can't be some big DC franchise without Batman. That's why they greenlighted TBATB (though I still don't get why keep Muschietti) and that's why it's already clear, that it's going to set-up a bunch of spin-offs about Bat-Family kids. DCU is their priority, which means DCU Batman is also going to be a priority, because it's a long-term investment, just like Corensweet.
    So, I can't imagine them waiting only because Reeves style is slow burn. On contrary, they would just shut him down, if it meddled with their plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I don't think they care as much, as people think.
    From their perspective, there just can't be some big DC franchise without Batman. That's why they greenlighted TBATB (though I still don't get why keep Muschietti) and that's why it's already clear, that it's going to set-up a bunch of spin-offs about Bat-Family kids. DCU is their priority, which means DCU Batman is also going to be a priority, because it's a long-term investment, just like Corensweet.
    So, I can't imagine them waiting only because Reeves style is slow burn. On contrary, they would just shut him down, if it meddled with their plan.
    Personally I think the only thing Zaslav cares about is box office returns. He’s not a guy who cares about crushing creative freedom if he thinks the alternative will hurt his cash flow. Suppose we’ll discover if I’m right depending on how they handle the release schedule.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Personally I think the only thing Zaslav cares about is box office returns. He’s not a guy who cares about crushing creative freedom if he thinks the alternative will hurt his cash flow. Suppose we’ll discover if I’m right depending on how they handle the release schedule.
    he is CEO. He cares about the Company and has to weigh everything before he makes a decision. Be it Box Office, "Creative Freedom", Streaming Rights, contract disputes etc but most of all, making sure the company is set in a position that points to the future. He inherited a mess, created more of a mess and, I hope, is really trying to straighten the ship.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

They could release Supergirl: WoT in 4Q 2025.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-12-2024 at 01:26 PM.

Incredible Member

Translation: TSS and Peacemaker S1 are canon but the JL cameo at the end of S1 is not.
    I wouldn0t be surprised if sutff like Waller getting ousted is quietly retconned as well.

Zaslav is another billionaire class chaos agent. He represents everything wrong with not just entertainment but the very fabric of our society. He is deeply evil and untrustworthy. The only silver lining with him being in charge is that it could be that he's just going to let Gunn do whatever he wants and not interfere unless one or more of the movies flop as hard as Flash or Shazam 2. So it's very important that the tentpole releases from the DCU do well financially.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    They could release Supergirl: WoT in 4Q 2025.
    Or they could potentially move Superman there depending on if Jurassic and F4 make their dates.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    he is CEO. He cares about the Company and has to weigh everything before he makes a decision. Be it Box Office, "Creative Freedom", Streaming Rights, contract disputes etc but most of all, making sure the company is set in a position that points to the future. He inherited a mess, created more of a mess and, I hope, is really trying to straighten the ship.
    Didn't Gunn say he and Safran had total autonomy over DC Studios?

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Didn't Gunn say he and Safran had total autonomy over DC Studios?
    If he did he was lying. Only way he'd have that is if he owned dc studios.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    If he did he was lying. Only way he'd have that is if he owned dc studios.
    Yeah, I was saying that half-sarcastically. Dude says a lot of things and he obviously still has to answer to the suits at the end of the day. Why people take this guy at his word is beyond me. He's a Hollywood CEO, no different from the rest, and he says so much BS. I get liking someone's work, but the weird loyalty and cult of personality around people like him and Snyder is so odd to me.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

DC Studios is independent from WB films (unlike in the past) but Gunn and Safran still has to answer to Zaslav. The WB president (DeLuca) can't interfere anymore on DC projects but Zaslav can, which it's even worse considering he doesn't know **** about movies and like to cancel them for tax purposes.

Or they could potentially move Superman there depending on if Jurassic and F4 make their dates.
    I can see Superman moving if they need more time for the post production. But Supergirl is meant to film in 2024 if a director is found, so it can be be released in 2025. Gunn has mentioned they are switching order and some projects will come out earlier than originally planned.

https://www.threads.net/@dcfilmnews/...RlODBiNWFlZA==
    Patty Jenkins says her WONDER WOMAN journey is over and adds DC Studios isn't 'interested in doing any Wonder Woman for the time being'

(Source: Talking Pictures Podcast) comicsthreads
    Up to Gunn to prove her wrong by announcing a WW project. The game is nice but it’s incredibly annoying they’re moving forward with two film Batmen and no WW.

That makes me wonder if the next live action iteration of Wonder Woman will try to distinguish itself from Jenkins' stuff by doing a new interpretation. Maybe something more golden age-inspired (which I would appreciate very much) .

Is the Amazons show still going forward?
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

https://www.threads.net/@dcfilmnews/...RlODBiNWFlZA==

Up to Gunn to prove her wrong by announcing a WW project. The game is nice but it’s incredibly annoying they’re moving forward with two film Batmen and no WW.
    I definitely think it's pretty noticeable they don't seem to have a firm plan for Wonder Woman outside the Amazons show.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    That makes me wonder if the next live action iteration of Wonder Woman will try to distinguish itself from Jenkins' stuff by doing a new interpretation. Maybe something more golden age-inspired (which I would appreciate very much) .

Is the Amazons show still going forward?
    Just setting it in the present-day would be one way to distinguish the too.