Page 171 of 498 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181221271 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 7465

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Jim Gordon and Selina Kyle were race swapped in The Batman. I don't think the movie would have been any better if they were played by some white people.
    I don't recall saying it would have been and I already talked about The Batman's casting choices. Though it's always amusing how casually dismissive people like you are when it comes to one specific group. But who cares, they're just some white people.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-20-2023 at 07:02 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I don't recall saying it would have been and I already talked about The Batman's casting choices. Though it's always amusing how casually dismissive people like you are when it comes to one specific group. But who cares, they're just some white people.
    I'm a white dude. I've seen thousands of movies/shows/comics/etc with a white dude as the hero. If I don't get offended by non white people getting cast, it's not because I'm dismissive of a specific group. It's because I'm not a fragile little snowflake who freaks out when I see a non white dude onscreen. I can recognize, even as a white dude, that non white people have been overwhelmingly under represented in movies up to and including present day. I can also understand that having more non white representation is not a sinister agenda that hurts anyone. It especially does not hurt white dudes like me.

What I do find amusing is people who lose there **** at seeing a non white person onscreen and interpret that as a racial attack on white dudes.

I'm a white dude. I've seen thousands of movies/shows/comics/etc with a white dude as the hero. If I don't get offended by non white people getting cast, it's not because I'm dismissive of a specific group. It's because I'm not a fragile little snowflake who freaks out when I see a non white dude onscreen. I can recognize, even as a white dude, that non white people have been overwhelmingly under represented in movies up to and including present day. I can also understand that having more non white representation is not a sinister agenda that hurts anyone. It especially does not hurt white dudes like me.

What I do find amusing is people who lose there **** at seeing a non white person onscreen and interpret that as a racial attack on white dudes.
    And did you see me acting offended by representation, talking about sinister agendas or acting like diversity is a racial attack on white dudes, or was that your very simple very stereotypical and indeed very fragile personal spin on what I actually said about raceswapping being a lazy tactic.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-20-2023 at 07:11 AM.

Astonishing Member

And did you see me acting offended by representation, talking about sinister agendas or acting like diversity is a racial attack on white dudes, or was that your very simple very stereotypical personal spin on what I actually said about raceswapping being a lazy tactic.
    Bolded part seems like you got offended.

Bolded part seems like you got offended.
    I pointed out you treated one group with little consideration. That group being overrepresented is beside the point of what I said about raceswapping being lazy and uncreative. And your response was to be a walking stereotype and call me a fragile snowflake threatened by seeing non-white faces on screen. Spare me the buzzword nonsense.

I agree that race swapping is less work than building up new characters or old unknowns but I also couldn't care less. If it increases diversity and the actor fits the role/does well then great! It would be nice to see other, original minority characters on screen (hell, Milestone is literally built for this) but I'm also not going to complain about what we're getting when the alternative was even less BIPOC actors/actresses being in these films. As a wise woman once said, "I'm rooting for everybody black!"

Astonishing Member

I pointed out you treated one group with little consideration. That group being overrepresented is beside the point of what I said about raceswapping being lazy and uncreative. And your response was to be a walking stereotype and call me a fragile snowflake threatened by seeing non-white faces on screen. Spare me the buzzword nonsense.
    All groups have not been treated equal throughout history or even today. Pointing out that white dudes have it better than non white dudes onscreen is completely the point. This seems to upset you. And you can write post after post, paragraph after paragraph trying to explain all the nuances of your position, but that just means you're spending a lot of time an energy complaining about non white dudes onscreen.

Wow, another superhero film that is going to make less than its predecessor, its not like there wasn't already a clear pattern of this being a trend (Antman 3, Black Panther 2, Thor 4)...It's almost as if the superhero genre is dying up and that's the major reason for Shazam 2's box office failing.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

All groups have not been treated equal throughout history or even today. Pointing out that white dudes have it better than non white dudes onscreen is completely the point. This seems to upset you. And you can write post after post, paragraph after paragraph trying to explain all the nuances of your position, but that just means you're spending a lot of time an energy complaining about non white dudes onscreen.
    Can you take your projections to another thread?

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I agree that race swapping is less work than building up new characters or old unknowns but I also couldn't care less. If it increases diversity and the actor fits the role/does well then great! It would be nice to see other, original minority characters on screen (hell, Milestone is literally built for this) but I'm also not going to complain about what we're getting when the alternative was even less BIPOC actors/actresses being in these films. As a wise woman once said, "I'm rooting for everybody black!"
    That's all that really matters to me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Wow, another superhero film that is going to make less than its predecessor, its not like there wasn't already a clear pattern of this being a trend (Antman 3, Black Panther 2, Thor 4)...It's almost as if the superhero genre is dying up and that's the major reason for Shazam 2's box office failing.
    Well, it seems popular movie genres have a period of flowering, and then they go dormant for years. It happened to Westerns, buddy cop shows, action movies, suspense movies; and now it looks like it might be happening to comic book movies and TV. Oversaturation combined by a feeling that you've seen pretty much all a genre has to offer on screen. I wonder what the next in-genre will be?
    Last edited by achilles; 03-20-2023 at 07:43 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Can you take your projections to another thread?
    If you feel the discussion of race and casting is off topic, you can send a request to the moderators to move all such posts to a separate thread.

Me: Raceswapping is uncreative and they should utilize original characters that have been there for decades.

You: You're just upset by the existence of non-white dudes.

How do you even come up with this stuff. You don't get to twist my words the way it suits you to try to manipulate the discourse just to have your little "gotcha" moment. It's pathetic. Neither do you get to make assumptions about my belief system solely based on me not caring about raceswapping. It's long past time for people like you to be taken to task for doing this appalling garbage.

See the thing is as we saw with Shazam 2 original villains from the comics did not work out. While MCU had successs with Darcy or Phil Colson most of the time they did race swaps look at Nick Fury or Namor

Seems like Fury of the Gods is a little divisive but not divisive enough to be the worst Superhero movie ever.