Page 238 of 489 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248288338 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 7324

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The rest of the JL was busy. Just an excuse to showcase Barry's superspeed in the intro scene.
    Yeah, but Barry could've seen what's going on and just show up independently in my opinion without needing a direct ring from Alfred/Batman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, but Barry could've seen what's going on and just show up independently in my opinion without needing a direct ring from Alfred/Batman.
    Like I said, it's deliberately done in service to Barry's arc, but you already made up your mind about the movie. I avoid topics with you because these conversations tend to suck the joy out of most things I'm excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Like I said, it's deliberately done in service to Barry's arc, but you already made up your mind about the movie. I avoid topics with you because these conversations tend to suck the joy out of most things I'm excited about.
    I get it, it's just I've been down this road with MCU Peter Parker before and I didn't enjoy it then either even if I understood what they were doing .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I get it, it's just I've been down this road with MCU Peter Parker before and I didn't enjoy it then either even if I understood what they were doing .
    Like I said, you made up your mind without even seeing it so I'm sure you won't like it but take some weird pleasure about bringing down the rest of us. ��
    Last edited by Refrax5; 06-01-2023 at 10:10 PM.

Like I said, you made up your mind without even seeing it so I'm sure you won't like it but take some weird pleasure about bringing down the rest of us. ��
    Says the guy who can’t let people enjoy Geoff Johns work without screeching.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Says the guy who can’t let people enjoy Geoff Johns work without screeching.
    I like a lot of Johns' work. And, unlike you guys, I usually at least see something before complaining about it. I've rarely seen you or Frontier contribute anything other than snark and negativity.

As I recall, I just pointed out that Johns' right wing overtones made his GL and Flash runs less enjoyable over time and people got very upset and defensive. I wasn't the one screeching in that conversation, guy.

I like a lot of Johns' work. And, unlike you guys, I usually at least see something before complaining about it. I've rarely seen you or Frontier contribute anything other than snark and negativity.

As I recall, I just pointed out that Johns' right wing overtones made his GL and Flash runs less enjoyable over time and people got very upset and defensive. I wasn't the one screeching in that conversation, guy.
    Frontier is one of the most sincere guys on the forums and I mostly post fanart/preview art/links to news. Amazing how the right wing tone affected your enjoyment but not Miller chocking a girl and throwing her to the ground on video. But hey man I guess you can only prioritize so much when choosing to take a moral stand right?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Frontier is one of the most sincere guys on the forums and I mostly post fanart/preview art/links to news. Amazing how the right wing tone affected your enjoyment but not Miller chocking a girl and throwing her to the ground on video. But hey man I guess you can only prioritize so much when choosing to take a moral stand right?
    Miller's behavior is deeply disturbing to me and absolutely dampened my enthusiasm for the movie. It was on my mind the entire time. I get that you feel the need to make this a personal attack on my character for some reason, but you're just making **** up now. Calm down.

Miller's behavior is deeply disturbing to me and absolutely dampened my enthusiasm for the movie. It was on my mind the entire time. I get that you feel the need to make this a personal attack on my character for some reason, but you're just making **** up now. Calm down.
    It was deeply disturbing and yet you rushed to go see their movie before it even officially released? Methinks you doth protest too much.

Astonishing Member

It was deeply disturbing and yet you rushed to go see their movie before it even officially released? Methinks you doth protest too much.
    I was given free passes by my company, you goof. I'm sure you've knowingly consumed media made by problematic people before, too. I'm not really protesting so much as gently explaining to a weirdly angry person that they're making a lot of assumptions and maybe not all of them are correct. I'm not sure why me lamenting Frontier making negative comments set you off so much.

I was given free passes by my company, you goof.
    Ok… and? I’m sure this wasn’t a mandatory company trip lol. If my company gave me passes to go see a Woody Allen movie I still wouldn’t go.
    I'm sure you've knowingly consumed media made by problematic people before, too. I'm not really protesting so much as gently explaining to a weirdly angry person that they're making a lot of assumptions and maybe not all of them are correct. I'm not sure why me lamenting Frontier making negative comments set you off so much.
    You’re projecting a lot of emotion on to me. Nowhere do my posts express anger, moreso disappointment at your hypocrisy. I’m simply gently pointing out that a guy who spends his time bringing up the problematic nature of stuff probably should be exercising greater discretion. I have consumed problematic content, and I don’t try to browbeat others about consuming that kind of content like you have. Perhaps you should take some time to look in the mirror and ask yourself why you feel so defensive about a movie getting lightly made fun of, that has a lead you believe is “deeply disturbing”, yet you also feel a strong need to defend said film’s honor on these boards. I promise you that the film will be ok without you getting upset at Frontier lightly ribbing it.

Astonishing Member

Ok… and? I’m sure this wasn’t a mandatory company trip lol. If my company gave me passes to go see a Woody Allen movie I still wouldn’t go.

You’re projecting a lot of emotion on to me. Nowhere do my posts express anger, moreso disappointment at your hypocrisy. I’m simply gently pointing out that a guy who spends his time bringing up the problematic nature of stuff probably should be exercising greater discretion. I have consumed problematic content, and I don’t try to browbeat others about consuming that kind of content like you have. Perhaps you should take some time to look in the mirror and ask yourself why you feel so defensive about a movie getting lightly made fun of, that has a lead you believe is “deeply disturbing”, yet you also feel a strong need to defend said film’s honor on these boards. I promise you that the film will be ok without you getting upset at Frontier lightly ribbing it.
    It wasn't mandatory but I didnt go out of my way to see it either. Youre mischaracterizing it. I don't think you making personal attacks or calling me a hypocrite or referring to my criticism of Johns' work as "screeching" is projection at all. You're clearly making this much more personal than it needs to be.

I have conflicted feelings about the movie because I love the character but am troubled by the actor. I'm not professing to be a Saint, but I've never defended Miller. Your criticisms weren't about the morality of watching the film, either, so suddenly trying to make it about that to shame me is pretty transparent and lame.

Also I never browbeat anyone about consuming problematic content. I was criticizing a run of comics I myself own for a specific thing I didn't like about it, not calling other people bad for reading it. Again, you're just making **** up.

Thankfully, I'm not accountable to you, dude. You don't approve of me watching a movie. I don't really approve of adults that are still on tumblr in 2023 so I guess we're even.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 06-02-2023 at 12:07 AM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

You know what? I think both of you guys are ten to fifteen more posts away from winning this arguement so you should definitely keep replying to each other

Or, you can just take a breath, set the other guy on ignore and move on with your lives. Nothing will be gained by continuing.

So, spider-verse now out (with great reviews and some calling it the best film of the year!) and flash a few weeks. Will spider-verse getting loved help flash's box office or hurt it with both multiverse plots?
    Last edited by Gaastra; 06-02-2023 at 07:36 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    You know what? I think both of you guys are ten to fifteen more posts away from winning this arguement so you should definitely keep replying to each other

Or, you can just take a breath, set the other guy on ignore and move on with your lives. Nothing will be gained by continuing.
    Im sorry, dude. I'm done on my end.