Page 469 of 497 FirstFirst ... 369419459465466467468469470471472473479 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,035 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    So Flash/Arrow was getting 2-4 million viewers at its peak and S&L could only manage 1 million. Doesn't it prove my point that Flash/Arrow were far more successful than S&L, even though Superman is supposedly a more popular character?

Even on internet discourse, Arrow and Flash were huge. People were talking about it, it got referenced a lot. In comparison, hardly anyone talks about S&L.
    ....huh? Flash/Arrow at their peak was 10 years ago. S&L is not 10 years ago. Flash was #1 on TheCW 10 years ago. S&L is #1 now. What does that tell you about the tv landscape.

If 3-4million is the new regular for ABC/CBS/FOX/NBC....what do you think the new regular is for CW? 10 years ago 6-7million was the regular for the big 4. All this is showing that you have no idea how ratings work.

Gunn is getting greedy here. In an effort to keep "his stuff" around, he has already torpedoed the continuity of the so called reboot. Maybe he is very proud of his work on TSS and Peacemaker but he should have been objective here.

This is why Marvel did the right thing and the guy in charge was not also one of the directors, that way Feige was able to always focus on the bigger picture instead of getting swept up in his biases.
    It's like any DC Comic reboot. Some things count, others don't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Guilty is charged.And you will be surprised on what people complain about in this forums.You seem better than that, all the power to you.

punching someone is not the only action worth taking.Clark rescues cats from trees when people stuck in traffic. although i must admit i love a good fisty cuff.My point is heroism as concept needs to be looked at.I am specifically choosing superman cause superman from silverage onwards have set the status quo
    for superheroes.

everyone wants to be a "hero".Few of em really are.Do you think people trying to be heroes has done good to the society?if your answer is yes.then you are welcome to your better tomorrow you are living in.So my answer is this,version of superman ain't really my problem.It's people's idea of a hero. Maybe seeming unheroic people do good things is my point.And it's strictly my opinion.You can ignore.Pardon me for any inconvenience
    Uh, okay. I'm not talking about people trying to be heroes in the real world, because that has nothing to do with what I said. I just said that I don't see the point in you complaining in every thread that Superman isn't the Golden Age version anymore and you hate the version that's existed for 90% of his history. It's not like they're going to turn him into some violent goon again. It's like me complaining every day that nobody is handing me a million dollars. I mean, yeah, it'd be nice, but it's a total pipe dream so what's the point? You just say the same thing over and over again..

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    In Nathan Fillion's post from Atlanta it looks like his hair is a lighter brown and the sides are faded--which is Guy's contemporary haircut--so no bowlcut. My theory about this Guy being more like the post-GL Rebirth version than JLI era might be panning out, and if so I'm very pleased.
    I hope you're right, but they might use a wig since Fillion probably doesn't have a huge role in this and has a TV show to film. As entertaining as bowl-cut Guy could be, modern Guy makes more sense to use in a movie universe because he's less cartoonish.

As long as it's not Tom King Guy.
    John Cena is a big star and Peacemaker is the only hit DC has had in last 5 years. Plus it is the pet project of Gunn, who is the boss.

I won't be surprised if Peacemaker ends up being elevated to A-tier in the DCU, maybe even joining Justice League as a loose canon of sorts.
    That would be a bridge too far for me.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Uh, okay. I'm not talking about people trying to be heroes in the real world, because that has nothing to do with what I said. I just said that I don't see the point in you complaining in every thread that Superman isn't the Golden Age version anymore and you hate the version that's existed for 90% of his history. It's not like they're going to turn him into some violent goon again. It's like me complaining every day that nobody is handing me a million dollars. I mean, yeah, it'd be nice, but it's a total pipe dream so what's the point? You just say the same thing over and over again..
    Because the people opinion here are reflection of real world.Dude! The forum is stuck in perpetually discussing superman's under pants for the 5 billionth time.How am i supposed to reply to something when my opinion about said something has'nt changed without being repetitive.So most of the time i don't.

You are funny.You question the possibility of em turning superman into a goon.Yet you implicitly are ok with a paternalistic fake politician with savior complex.See where i am going with this.i would rather read about the former as my "hero".i know it's never going to happen and is a pipe dream.(More versions after siegel and shuster's idea of superman). doesn't mean,i can't be salty about it.T'is the reason i don't post most of the time.This time when i did.You guys did the whole "you hate superman" cry like always.I don't.Get over it.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-11-2024 at 07:54 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    People start caring, when it starts to feel like homework, like it happened with MCU.
    I doubt it's planned to be this way here.
    That hasn't happened yet.As far as people are concerned superman starts a new universe.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Because the people opinion here are reflection of real world.Dude! The forum is stuck in perpetually discussing superman's under pants for the 5 billionth time.How am i supposed to reply to something when my opinion about said something has'nt changed without being repetitive.So most of the time i don't.

You are funny.You question the possibility of em turning superman into a goon.Yet you implicitly are ok with a paternalistic fake politician with savior complex.See where i am going with this.i would rather read about the former as my "hero".i know it's never going to happen and is a pipe dream.(More versions after siegel and shuster's idea of superman). doesn't mean,i can't be salty about it.T'is the reason i don't post most of the time.This time when i did.You guys did the whole "you hate superman" cry like always.I don't.Get over it.
    I understand that these are opinions of people in the real world, but the topic of real people who try to be heroes, I don't think there's much relevance there to how comic book characters behave. Real life heroism and comic book heroism are pretty different things.

I never said anything about a paternalistic savior. I literally said that Earth 2/Golden Age Superman is my favorite version of the character. I do, however, understand that the character has evolved from the 30s and isn't going back to that and I enjoy different interpretations of the character.

You clearly hate Superman outside of one very specific, short-lived version of him. I find it ironic that you're telling anyone else to get over it when I just pointed out that all of your comments are just complaining about the same thing, using the same words, over and over again. Change the record already.

Maybe just accept the character isn't for you and let it go?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Ouch. That likely means TBATB will get pushed back too, which might pose a problem. How long will Gunn and Safran be willing to work around Reeves, especially if Batman/the Batfamily is a crucial element in their upcoming slate?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ouch. That likely means TBATB will get pushed back too, which might pose a problem. How long will Gunn and Safran be willing to work around Reeves, especially if Batman/the Batfamily is a crucial element in their upcoming slate?
    On the contrary, I think maybe this was pushed back so that Gunn's TBATB could get first dibs.

Either way, this delay blows.

I can imagine Reeves might also not to want to rush things...maybe.

I suspect there is a non-zero that Brave and The Bold will be cancelled and Reeves' Batman will be rolled into the DCU. Especially since we know Reeves' Arkham show will be DCU, which is certainly strange.

That being said, the big problem would be convincing Reeves and Pattinson to agree to this. I guess complete creative freedom and money respectively would do it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Gunn said, that Reeves doesn't impact their plans for TBATB at all.
    I can see them actually trying to rush TBATB before Part 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I suspect there is a non-zero that Brave and The Bold will be cancelled and Reeves' Batman will be rolled into the DCU. Especially since we know Reeves' Arkham show will be DCU, which is certainly strange.

That being said, the big problem would be convincing Reeves and Pattinson to agree to this. I guess complete creative freedom and money respectively would do it.
    They didn't agree to do it before, I don't see any reason for them to agree now.
    The most likely option in this case of potential cooperation I can see is them making Reeves' trilogy part of DCU, but as a prequel, taking place many years before Legacy and TBATB, so Reeves and Pattinson won't have to be commited. But that's the only realistic option.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 03-12-2024 at 12:05 PM.

That is a huge delay. There are probably a lot of complications with Reeves' Batman movie and Gunn's plans for Batman behind the scenes. With trying to figure out which should come out first. I always felt it was going to be awkward trying to do two different takes on Batman so close together.