Page 412 of 499 FirstFirst ... 312362402408409410411412413414415416422462 ... LastLast
Results 6,166 to 6,180 of 7474

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    If the internet existed in its current form in 1989 people would have lost their minds about the changes Tim Burton made to the Batman mythos.

“The Joker killed Bruce’s parents?!? Batman blew up a factory full of goons and scientists?!? Raaaage!”

Well I’m sure they’ll be more comic accurate in the sequel.

“The Penguin is a mutant that lives in the sewers?!? Catwoman got agility and fighting abilities after she was resurrected by a bunch of alley cats?!?”
    Of course, those sorts of conversations did happen back then. But they were between friends in someone's living room rather than plastered all over the Internet. I well remember arguments over the Christopher Reeve Superman time traveling and that a comedy Lex Luthor either saved the movie or destroyed it.
    Power with Girl is better.

It’s crazy to think Smallville probably still has the best live action Lex all these years later. Hopefully Hoult and Gunn deliver.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Of course, those sorts of conversations did happen back then. But they were between friends in someone's living room rather than plastered all over the Internet. I well remember arguments over the Christopher Reeve Superman time traveling and that a comedy Lex Luthor either saved the movie or destroyed it.
    Silverage superman did time travvel by spinning around if i remember correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It depends on a character-by-character basis but usually the characters' core ideals, look, relationships, and personality.
    I still don't get it.Superman,batman and junk have ideals? what's that?save the world.."the city is saved thanks to powrrpuff dudes".The only character who had shtick and had ideals i feel is Aquaman.The guy deals the oceans,his entire kingdom and balances it with his land people relations.Batman has an objective. but,the guy is too busy playing games with a clown.others are just figure heads
    Personality is a fluid thing.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-30-2023 at 07:21 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Silverage superman did time travvel by spinning around if i remember correctly.

I still don't get it.Superman,batman and junk have ideals? what's that?save the world.."the city is saved thanks to powrrpuff dudes".The only character who had shtick and had ideals i feel is Aquaman.The guy deals the oceans,his entire kingdom and balances it with his land people relations.Batman has an objective. but,the guy is too busy playing games with a clown.others are just figure heads
    Personality is a fluid thing.
    Are you trying to say Batman and Superman are amorphous and don't have distinct core elements to them? That you could just put a crash test dummy in a Batman costume and it would still be Batman? These characters have essences and ideals to each of them, whether you care about them or not is one thing, but they exist. They wouldn't be popular at all if they didn't.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    It’s crazy to think Smallville probably still has the best live action Lex all these years later. Hopefully Hoult and Gunn deliver.
    Rosenbaum was really leagues above most CW actors and gave Lex such nuance and had so many layers to his performance. You really love the guy at times and sympathtize with him and by the latter seasons, you just hate his guts and are creeped out by him. That version of Lex is what made him my favorite DC villain.

I actually do like a lot of the other actors that have played him, but the Smallville version was by far the most complex and sinister.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Are you trying to say Batman and Superman are amorphous and don't have distinct core elements to them? That you could just put a crash test dummy in a Batman costume and it would still be Batman? These characters have essences to each of them, whether you care about them or not is one thing, but they exist.
    This dude pretty much only likes Golden Age Superman and resents any other take on the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    Massively agree with all this. I would like Gunn to succeed because I would like to see a good Superman movie. But I have never walked away from one of his films impressed
    I'm a big fan of horror and b movies, so I remember really enjoying Slither when that came out. I did enjoy the first GOTG at the time, but liked it less upon subsequent viewings. Gunn's shtick just got old fast for me.

I love Superman and DC in general, so I hope it kicks ass and the new DCU is a success. I've got reservations, but it'll be interesting at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    This dude pretty much only likes Golden Age Superman and resents any other take on the character.
    The username is ironic to me, considering that story dives deep into the personalities and ideals of both Superman and Batman.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

BANNED

I'll second that. It was not my preferred presentation, especially for Superman. But I'll always give him credit for exploring what might really happen if an alien with that kind of power was revealed to exist in our current socio-political climate.
    I think that's the reason I've always been a little less harsh on Snyder than a lot of other people. I was disappointed by Man of Steel when I saw it in the theater, but I always appreciated that his movies were trying to do something different from the MCU and give it a bigger, more solemn and mythical feeling. Some of his ideas worked for me and some didn't, but I will always respect anyone that tries to do something different and goes against the trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Jon Cryer had his moments.

Yeah, I remember talking online with people who complained about Batman letting Ras die in Batman Begins and of course Reeve's Superman killing in Superman 2.

When MoS and BvsS younger people were acting like complaints about Batman killing were new.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Everything does kind of hinge on Legacy.

Mighty Member

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Doesn't that contradict the statement that there would be continuity across all mediums? Or has that been changed?