Page 462 of 498 FirstFirst ... 362412452458459460461462463464465466472 ... LastLast
Results 6,916 to 6,930 of 7465

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Yeah, that is what I don't want. The Titans have never been good in my opinion when forced into that role.
    But it fits pretty well. The first generation of young heroes (The Fab Five) helping new young heroes learn how to use their powers. Plus Nightwing is the best leader in the DCU, so he is perfect as a mentor.

I don’t think we can avoid Damien being on the team. Robin, regardless of who is behind the domino mask, is one of DC’s most recognizable characters and can help build a franchise. And Damien has been one of DC’s only new characters to have any success. It sounds like the Batman TBATB movie will be telling the story of Batman and Son, so Nightwing should already be established. Having Nightwing invite Damien to join the Titans at the end of the movie would be a good way to lead into the Titans flick.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-04-2024 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Kara would stand out too much.
    My preference would be doing the Titans lineup from the Johns era or the NTT + Kon like the Titans show, but if they’re not planning to use Kara to segue-way into Legion putting her on the Titans makes sense. She’ll presumably have her own movies if WoT does well, she would just be there to play support and help attract interest to the team.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    But it fits pretty well. The first generation of young heroes (The Fab Five) helping new young heroes learn how to use their powers. Plus Nightwing is the best leader in the DCU, so he is perfect as a mentor.

I don’t think we can avoid Damien being on the team. Robin, regardless of who is behind the domino mask, is one of DC’s most recognizable characters and can help build a franchise. And Damien has been one of DC’s only new characters to have any success. It sounds like the Batman TBATB movie will be telling the story of Batman and Son, so Nightwing should already be established. Having Nightwing invite Damien to join the Titans at the end of the movie would be a good way to lead into the Titans flick.
    I don't think it works. Every story when they are forced into that role has been bad in my opinion. The Titans at their core to me are a team of young heroes learning how to be heroes on their own. Their independence is what sets them apart. As soon as you try and force in some authority figures into the story it unravels. It doesn't matter if those authority figures are older Titans. It completely disrupts the dynamics of how a Titans team should be. They aren't the X-Men and DC should stop trying to turn them into that.

This is the only lineup I'll accept

Astonishing Member

Original NTT line-up is the safest option.
    On the other hand, they announced Damian as their first legacy character, and Gunn made it clear that he's his favorite, so, I don't really see a scenario, where he's not involved in some capacity. And if he's involved, there either will be some other members, or someone will be de-aged, just like in DCAMU.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Kara is getting her own movie, let the Titans movie be about actual Titans characters.
    Agreed. I’m also hoping that Damian isn’t involved. I’ve never liked one single story where he’s with the Titans.
    A somewhat loyal adaptation of NTT would be my preference, or even a Fab 5 + Bumblebee movie ala World’s Finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    My preference would be doing the Titans lineup from the Johns era or the NTT + Kon like the Titans show, but if they’re not planning to use Kara to segue-way into Legion putting her on the Titans makes sense. She’ll presumably have her own movies if WoT does well, she would just be there to play support and help attract interest to the team.
    Feels like she'd be too powerful solo/overlap too much with other members like Starfire (and possibly Donna?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I don't think it works. Every story when they are forced into that role has been bad in my opinion. The Titans at their core to me are a team of young heroes learning how to be heroes on their own. Their independence is what sets them apart. As soon as you try and force in some authority figures into the story it unravels. It doesn't matter if those authority figures are older Titans. It completely disrupts the dynamics of how a Titans team should be. They aren't the X-Men and DC should stop trying to turn them into that.
    But I think it's more the older Titans relating to the younger members than being depicted as authority figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Agreed. I’m also hoping that Damian isn’t involved. I’ve never liked one single story where he’s with the Titans.
    A somewhat loyal adaptation of NTT would be my preference, or even a Fab 5 + Bumblebee movie ala World’s Finest.
    Only one I really liked was one of the animated films where Damian was kind of reined in by the others. He has a massive ego, but the others(including Nightwing) are keeping him from running rampant.

That's Impressive a Slow-Motion Walk in a static image.

The problem with having this be the only Titans lineup is the team gets stuck in the purgatory of reliving the NTT stories. Basically what’s happened with Taylor’s run and every time this version of the team reforms.

Church of Brother Blood, Raven betrays the team as part of Trigon’s plan for world domination, Slade does a Judas Contract type deal. Rinse and repeat.

The problem with having this be the only Titans lineup is the team gets stuck in the purgatory of reliving the NTT stories. Basically what’s happened with Taylor’s run and every time this version of the team reforms.

Church of Brother Blood, Raven betrays the team as part of Trigon’s plan for world domination, Slade does a Judas Contract type deal. Rinse and repeat.
    But now you get to do them with movie budgets.

Incredible Member

Dunno if Gunn would want to reuse the Cyborg character, since his character is now weirdly associated with the failed Justice League (both on screen and off screen).

Having said that, Cyborg always should have been associated with the Titans as opposed to the New 52 origin.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Dunno if Gunn would want to reuse the Cyborg character, since his character is now weirdly associated with the failed Justice League (both on screen and off screen).

Having said that, Cyborg always should have been associated with the Titans as opposed to the New 52 origin.
    If he wants to give Cyborg a rest to distance his universe from Snyder’s he could just use Blue Beetle. They have very similar power sets.

That's the writers' problem, not the lineup's.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But I think it's more the older Titans relating to the younger members than being depicted as authority figures.
    I think it goes hand in hand. I don't think you can have older characters mentoring younger characters without elements of authority being thrown in. I just don't think it fits the Titans franchise. All classic Titans stories have them on their own as young heroes rather than having some older figures trying to guide them.

Most movie goers probably have no idea about those stories. Since they have never been adapted on a large scale before. The average person that goes to see these movies probably has no idea who or what a Nightwing is.