Page 454 of 497 FirstFirst ... 354404444450451452453454455456457458464 ... LastLast
Results 6,796 to 6,810 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

John Rocha is hearing that Andy Muschietti has been removed as the director of The Brave and the Bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    To be fair changing the setting to Eastern Europe isn't any way better considering what is happening now. Remember Bucha, Mariupol. People aren't happy. He should have just used a conflict between two alien planets instead.
    I'd say it's better because almost everyone agrees that when it comes to the Russia/Ukraine war,
    it's Putin who is at fault. Even Trump now who weakly admits that Putin made a mistake. There's also no issues of race/religion involved and the West has far less culpability in the matter than they do for the chaos in Gaza.

Palestine is not the only state in the middle east. A good number of them are, to various degree, terrorist states. So might as well not make any movies about that region.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Palestine is not the only state in the middle east. A good number of them are, to various degree, terrorist states. So might as well not make any movies about that region.
    I think Gunn was really setting up a The Suicide Squad kind of scenario with the US being responsible for destabilizing a foreign region (a South American nation in TSS, Middle East in Legacy). The difference being that while the surviving Squad members just flipped the bird at Waller and walked away in TSS after de-escalating the situation, Clark being the boy scout would have to grapple with these realizations and reconcile it with the concept of "Truth, Justice and the American Way" that the Kents have imbibed in him and be impacted on a deeper level.

After getting some time to think over it, I think it's an interesting direction for the character, even if it seems too Captain America derived. I agree that considering the current real-life scenario, it's better not to touch the Middle East right now.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    It's not just in middle east either.There are bunch of states that fund different kinds of terrorism based on different ideologies for their petty gains.Anyways, superman inherently had his own political thought from inception.If superman stays away from anything and everything because it's "controversial" .then there is no point to the character...
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-17-2024 at 01:12 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    John Rocha is hearing that Andy Muschietti has been removed as the director of The Brave and the Bold.
    It wouldn't be a big surprise, but I think Gunn recently said, that he was staying.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Unfortunately the more we're learning about this film, the less it seems like a pure Superman movie and more like DC worldbuilding, right down to supposedly lifting a Young Justice plotline (but with Supes and Justice Society instead of YJ, so Old Justice I guess)

Hopefully Gunn knows what he's doing and Kal-El still remains the star of his own movie.
    Yes, this is basically a DC Showcase movie featuring Superman.

Superman will probably be just a narrative device used to explore the other characters like Supergirl, the Authority and JLI.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post

Superman will probably be just a narrative device used to explore the other characters like Supergirl, the Authority and JLI.
    This intrigues me. I've seen the 'Superman starting out, wet behind the ears, finding his way' story enough times already. The notion of a world where Superman is established, already a presence that others in the world can't ignore, and have to be integrated around, have to find their place *in his world,* is an interesting direction to take. Superman *already* a big deal, not having to start at the beginning, again? Yes, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post

It's really hard to gauge that at this point, especially when those characters are meant to be supporting roles.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
    I can’t believe Gunn was actually going to go in that direction. He was actually going to have a Middle Eastern terror state in his movie in the year 2025.

Good lord.
    I mean is that any different from current reality? I’m not surprised Gunn would go there, he’s very political.

My concern is that he’s going to go the “America bad” route and that will piss off half the audience, something DC doesn’t need right now.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I mean is that any different from current reality? I’m not surprised Gunn would go there, he’s very political.

My concern is that he’s going to go the “America bad” route and that will piss off half the audience, something DC doesn’t need right now.
    He can piss off both sides for all i care. as long as what he says has merit and is true to himself.If need be has nuance .if it doesn't,calls a spade.a spade.i tend to think people will watch something like that.I might be wrong ofcourse.anyways..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

People shouldn't be pissed off. A lot of the crap that's going down in the Middle East is a consequence of the West's foreign policy, particularly the U.K. and the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    People shouldn't be pissed off. A lot of the crap that's going down in the Middle East is a consequence of the West's foreign policy, particularly the U.K. and the U.S.
    But it will piss people off and that’s the last thing DC needs right now. The hardcore fans are already split, you want to split the GA too?
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Yeah but these movies need to convince people that western governments and militaries are heroic and amazing, so anything that doesn't fall in line with that won't get greenlit
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them