Page 184 of 500 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 7491

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    JOKER: FOLIE A DEUX Set Photos Tease An Appearance From Harvey Dent

The film does seem to be at least a loose adaptation of Harleen

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Yeah the whole thing with Majors is a magnitude worse than Miller

At least Miller can be comfortably dropped after Flash, especially since there's no indication of a future Flash project

But Majors was intended to be the face of the MCU, with Kang headlining the next big Avengers event films and keep in mind he's most likely in Loki season 2. This is will majorly fuck up production in whatever he's working in.
    Will it be that big a deal-breaker? Josh Brolin literally had the same accusations against him before Infinity War and Endgame came out but everyone seemed to just ignore it.

Actors accused of domestic violence or being dicks to other people in the industry is obviously nothing new, we just live in a different time now. Hollywood loves to talk about how the movie business has changed for the better and there is no room for this kind of toxic crap anymore. This is yet another example their empty platitudes never meant a thing.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-26-2023 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Will it be that big a deal-breaker? Josh Brolin literally had the same accusations against him before Infinity War and Endgame came out but everyone seemed to just ignore it.
    According to his wikipedia page, Brolin's domestic abuse scandal was back in 2004. Apparently, it only got some more attention due to his press coverage as a result of the MCU. Majors' case is happening while his MCU career has only just begun.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 03-26-2023 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I find it weird that nobody says anything for months/years, but when something very public happens then everyone knew about him being shit person.
    When someone is a big star or in this case a big up-and-coming star, it stands to reason that people who allegedly had bad experiences with him would be hesitant to speak out in fear of retaliation and this finally gives them the opportunity to do so. I get what you mean though, I also used to be skeptical about the he said/she said thing or "Why not speak out sooner", after all sometimes this can also give the opportunity to the wrong kind of people who merely look for clicks, but if you start seeing multiple people sharing stories like that, I'd have a hard time to believe it's some coordinated attack.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-26-2023 at 05:35 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It depends.

We see stuff happen like this and it becomes a cherry picking showcase.

Jason Mitchell career got deep sixed in 2019 and he is JUST NOW in a new movie (Covid delayed some projects he did before 2019).

R. Kelly- look how long it took and that is after he got a show and made tons of money despite that stuff coming out about him.

Chris Brown-was buried yet when he went to jail suddenly he was cool to like again-despite screw up after screw up.

Jason Kidd-had accusations took-it went away until he was up to be head coach of Dallas Mavericks. Same with Chauncy Billups. It only got bought up because Becky Hamon was in the running to be a head coach of an NBA team.

Will Smith just slapped Chris Rock and folks want to RUN him out of Hollywood.

Yet I can go down the LINE of folks who have been toxic and still get work or never lost anything.

The point is when there is an AGENDA stuff like this get used against certain people.

And for Disney this is worst if it's true because of WHO in Florida they are at war with.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    When someone is a big star or in this case a big up-and-coming star, it stands to reason that people who allegedly had bad experiences with him would be hesitant to speak out in fear of retaliation and this finally gives them the opportunity to do so. I get what you mean though, I also used to be skeptical about the he said/she said thing or "Why not speak out sooner", after all sometimes this can also give the opportunity to the wrong kind of people who merely look for clicks, but if you start seeing multiple people sharing stories like that, I'd have a hard time to believe it's some coordinated attack.
    I don't even think that it is coordinated, some of the people talking about these things look like opportunists to me.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    So what do you think "folks" would've done if Chris Rock joked about Penelope Cruz instead and Javier Bardem reacted to him the exact same way that Will Smith did.

Yet I can go down the LINE of folks who have been toxic and still get work or never lost anything.
    Mel Gibson was excommunicated for a decade. Michael Richards still can't find work after what he said nearly 20 years ago. Or let me use your own expression if you don't mind: Armie Hammer says hi. There's this other guy who will now die in jail for being a sex pest for 40 years. The difference is noone would disagree those people among many others deserved to be blacklisted, you on other hand suggest that someone like Will Smith is being wrongfully vilified for "just" slapping someone in front of the world all because of how he happens to look like.

The point is when there is an AGENDA stuff like this get used against certain people.
    I agree, the "toxic white male" narrative is really getting puke inducing.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-26-2023 at 01:05 PM.

BANNED

It depends.

We see stuff happen like this and it becomes a cherry picking showcase.

Jason Mitchell career got deep sixed in 2019 and he is JUST NOW in a new movie (Covid delayed some projects he did before 2019).

R. Kelly- look how long it took and that is after he got a show and made tons of money despite that stuff coming out about him.

Chris Brown-was buried yet when he went to jail suddenly he was cool to like again-despite screw up after screw up.

Jason Kidd-had accusations took-it went away until he was up to be head coach of Dallas Mavericks. Same with Chauncy Billups. It only got bought up because Becky Hamon was in the running to be a head coach of an NBA team.

And for Disney this is worst if it's true because of WHO in Florida they are at war with.
    It's largely become an issue of publicity. Most people didn't know about Brolin and, to his credit, Brolin has since gotten sober and done a lot of work to better himself and turn his life around.

I know you like to somehow turn every single topic into an awkwardly forced tirade about race, but this dude literally strangled a woman in public yesterday. Strangulation is the largest indicator of a domestic abuser becoming homicidal to their partner. Let's not pretend this has anything to do with race.

Don't get me wrong. Racism is a huge issue. It is not, however, the only issue, no matter how hard you try to hijack every single topic.
    Last edited by Refrax5; 03-26-2023 at 09:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member

In re to Mel Gibson, it'd be one thing if there was a single incident, but he has a very public 20 year long history of using homophobic, antisemetic, and racist slurs as well as a history of domestic violence. I mean, people would be more prone to forgive if he just gave them a few moments to forget.

That said, his 2016 movie did receive six Oscar nominations that year, so it's not like he's been sent packing just yet.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So Blue Beetle is &$@^ed.
    Nah he can easily be folded into a new continuity. I'm specifically referring to characters that were part of the DCEU. They're already connected to the DCEU and that association will be hard to get rid of

Astonishing Member

I heard, that Blue Beetle doesn't really have any huge connection to the rest of DCEU, in terms of cameos or acknowledging some events. If that's true, this movie will have a chance to eventually become a part of DCU.

I just came a noon showing of Shazam. Plenty of seating!

4B4D97DC-44FA-4820-A928-F0ED4D7D041E.jpg

Honestly, I thought it was fine. It suffers from the same problem a lot of the movies have. They’re just too long. They build to a climax & then there’s a twist & another climax. They just go on forever. I felt the same about Ant Man. Other than that, I mostly enjoyed the movie. It would’ve been interesting to see Shazam / Captain Marvel interact with other heroes. I think the character might work better in that type of setting. It was a fun movie though. No worse than others I’ve seen lately. It’s a shame to think this movie & Black Adam had absolutely no connection. That is so weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    So is she a fellow inmate/patient rather than his doctor or is she arrested after going full Harley after falling in love with him?