Page 492 of 498 FirstFirst ... 392442482488489490491492493494495496 ... LastLast
Results 7,366 to 7,380 of 7466

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Maybe, I never thought they were similar characters at all until MCU fans began saying 'Thanos killed Darkseid!' Even in the Snyder version, these are pretty different characters, especially since the MCU version is pretty far removed from how Thanos traditional behaves (doesn't he want to marry death?).
    Oh, I know, there's a LOT of differences. But the similarities are undeniable.

Maybe, I never thought they were similar characters at all until MCU fans began saying 'Thanos killed Darkseid!' Even in the Snyder version, these are pretty different characters, especially since the MCU version is pretty far removed from how Thanos traditional behaves (doesn't he want to marry death?).
    MCU Thanos īs a cosmic level NolanVerse Ra's Al Ghul with his decimate civilization so that the survivors can have a better life...which wasn't The Demon Head's jam with the League of Assassins in the Batbooks, was it?
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    MCU Thanos īs a cosmic level NolanVerse Ra's Al Ghul with his decimate civilization so that the survivors can have a better life...which wasn't The Demon Head's jam with the League of Assassins in the Batbooks, was it?
    Yeah that’s what I’ve thought ever since Thanos stated his plans in the movie. Isn’t that just Ra’s al Ghul’s schtick but on a cosmic scale? Though Ra’s feels that he’s the only person capable of leading civilization after the culling.

In the comics Thanos initially just wanted to kill people to impress the living embodiment of death. Though wanting to $%#^ death is a pretty unique villain motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I was hoping for Lex to be a recurring character throughout the new movie universe, almost a supporting cast member as much as an antagonist (almost like Lex and Lionel were in Smallville), rather than be the primary antagonist of the first movie. Maybe he still will be, but it does feel a little "Here we go again."

I have mixed feelings about Gunn's writing, although I like his visual style a lot. I'll say this: I feel like this movie will still be unique, even if it is Superman vs Lex again. I can't imagine this feeling like any other Superman movie. I don't know if I'll like it or not, but it'll be interesting to see either way.

Also, I'm a huge fan of Lex. He's probably my favorite villain in comics, so I feel the same as you. I'm excited to see what will probably be the most comic-accurate Lex we've had in a movie. I loved Rosenbaum as Lex (probably where my love for the character began, honestly) and I think Michael Cudlitz is doing a really interesting, cool take on Superman and Lois right now, but I'm very excited to see what Gunn and Hoult do with the character.
    I was hoping for the same thing. Lex as a supporting character making his presence felt but not being the main villain. Manipulative and working his own angle but not the focus of the first movie. He’s such an important character in Superman’s world and you can’t be in Metropolis without Lex looming menacingly but I was hoping it would be subtle and he wouldn’t make his move until the second or third movie.
    Last edited by Robotman; 04-07-2024 at 06:14 PM.

BANNED

The meme was years ago we couldn't have Braniac in a movie because he was to close to Ultron This isn't a serious concern as the MCU has repeatedly proven unable to write captivating or memorable villains and this was when people watched their films. Now it is a dead franchise so it matters even less.

Also, no one seriously thinks the Darkseid is a Thanos rip-off and if they do and publicly state that opinion, they will be rudely corrected.
    It is amazing how all of this is wrong, like all of it.
    I don't think there's a single correct word in this post.

Also be real here, the DCEU tried rushing to Darkseid for any reason other than the MCU was already doing Thanos and they wanted their own overarching alien conquerer big bad.
    Sure Darkseid isn't a Thanos rip off in the comics but that is so clearly not the case with the movies, especially when they had Black Adam bring in characters like Atom Smasher and Dr Fate just for them to be dime store versions of MCU Ant-Man and Dr Strange.
    Last edited by PhantomBoom; 04-08-2024 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoom View Post
    It is amazing how all of this is wrong, like all of it.
    I don't think there's a single correct word in this post.

Also be real here, the DCEU tried rushing to Darkseid for any reason other than the MCU was already doing Thanos and they wanted their own overarching alien conquerer big bad.
    Sure Darkseid isn't a Thanos rip off in the comics but that is so clearly not the case with the movies, [b]especially when they had Black Adam bring in characters like Atom Smasher and Dr Fate just for them to be dime store versions of MCU Ant-Man and Dr Strange[b].
    Probably the best Black Adam story ever (Black Reign) featured the JSA and Hawkman, Atom Smasher, and Dr. Fate all played big roles in the arc. So using them wasn’t solely to get a bump from other popular characters.

Unfortunately they took a fantastic story about the meaning of justice and crapped out a generic “anti-hero” movie.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Kind of why I'm not at all into the Glenn Powell as Hal idea. Its like they saw him play an arrogant pilot in one movie and thought this means he's the best and only choice for Hal. And the idea is super boring to me, personally.

It's nothing against Powell, either. I loved him in Top Gun. I doubt he wants to only play pilots his whole career either.
    Yeah, I find myself much more enjoying casting decisions that surprise me by how good they are far more. Chris Evans is probably my favorite example. The guy's career up till that point was basically just playing handsome skirt-chasing smartasses. Playing Cap actually convinced me that the guy could not only act, but act well.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Yeah that's a thing. Darkseid is the epitome of "Lawful Evil". sure it's HIS law he follows, but he does so quite methodically. Thanos? not so much. Thanos will lie to get people to serve him then kill them instead of paying them and stuff like that. Which is more like Chaotic Evil.

Well the Joker 2 trailer is out. Looks interesting but unfortunately I think this will be the return of casual fans and angsty teens thinking Joker and Harley together are “relationship goals”.

Unless there’s a swerve and their relationship is all in her head the way Arthur’s first relationship was all imaginary. And he actually turns out to be a self absorbed abuser like in the comics and animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Well the Joker 2 trailer is out. Looks interesting but unfortunately I think this will be the return of casual fans and angsty teens thinking Joker and Harley together are “relationship goals”.

Unless there’s a swerve and their relationship is all in her head the way Arthur’s first relationship was all imaginary. And he actually turns out to be a self absorbed abuser like in the comics and animation.
    As a lifelong fan of Mistah J, that always makes me cringe when people think he and Harley are goals. Sad that they don't realize he barely tolerates her.

But as for the movie, I think it's interesting how she's a fellow patient instead of a doctor now.
    Last edited by Android 17; 04-09-2024 at 07:23 PM.

The fact that she's a fellow patient actually makes me wonder if everything could all be an act on her part. Maybe she sees him as a fascinating subject so she's pretending to be obsessed with him to understand why he is the way he is and everyone is helping her keep the act? Or maybe I'm being an idiot, but I'm just not sure if they'd make her an abuse victim here again.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The fact that she's a fellow patient actually makes me wonder if everything could all be an act on her part. Maybe she sees him as a fascinating subject so she's pretending to be obsessed with him to understand why he is the way he is and everyone is helping her keep the act? Or maybe I'm being an idiot, but I'm just not sure if they'd make her his abuse victim here again.
    Yeah I don't see Gaga signing up for the abuse part.

It would be funny if Harley is an actual patient and her doctor's name is Pamela Isley.

Didn't figure Philips would go for New York, New York for the Scorcese film to rip off but credits for the deep cut.

From the presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post

From the presentation.
    Looks great!