Page 439 of 498 FirstFirst ... 339389429435436437438439440441442443449489 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,585 of 7462

Thread: DCU Movies

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    Interesting, most of the stuff I've read with Herbert he isn't really a bad guy, just ended up on the wrong side of many conflicts. I think I've read more stories where he's a benevolent figure than ones where he's a straight up villain. Kang on the other hand is always bad, in almost every story I've read, except for Young Avengers I guess. Maybe I should watch GOTG3
    He's pretty despicable in GOTG3, although he hides it under benevolent intentions.

Kang is also unambiguously villainous in Ant-Man 3, but he's depicted as charismatic and interesting despite how ruthless he is.

I mean High Evolutionary is a more sophicated Professor Pig or that scientist from BTAS who made people into animals.

Man, crazy to see how quickly this is coming together. Feels like we only got the announcement of the reboot yesterday. But I guess that’s just 2023 going by fast.

Must be surreal to be in the final running for a character you are concurrently voicing in animated films.

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Hoping Milly gets it. She has the range, the presence, the charisma... plus she has this otherworldliness to her and she's Australian! Make all the native Kryptonians Australian or something lol

Donnelly would do a great traditional Kara but Alcock would be a better fit for what Gunn is going for. She’s a better fit for Tom King’s Supergirl.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by StarSpangledMan View Post
    Hoping Milly gets it. She has the range, the presence, the charisma... plus she has this otherworldliness to her and she's Australian! Make all the native Kryptonians Australian or something lol
    Yeah I’m totally on team Milly for this role. She’s a good actress and she has a really unique look. It’s silly but I can see her as more “alien” Kryptonian.

Donnelly is a bit too on the nose. Standard cute blonde girl.

But that’s just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah I’m totally on team Milly for this role. She’s a good actress and she has a really unique look. It’s silly but I can see her as more “alien” Kryptonian.

But that’s just me.
    She's a great Kara in the animated movies.

Rooting for Milly! She did a great job with Rhaenyra in House of the Dragon so I have no doubt in mind she’d nail the role of Supergirl
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Incredible Member

I'm for Meg as Supergirl; Milly I wouldn't mind seeing as Raven!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But why though?
    Cause supes who doesn't have a filter is awesome.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Cause supes who doesn't have a filter is awesome.
    I don't think that's the Superman they're going for.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

But that’s just me.
    I have to agree. I mean, I'm sure she'd be fine, but I find too on-the-nose casting lacking imagination and a bit dull, quite frankly.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Man, I honestly didn't even dislike Ant-Man 3. It's not perfect by any stretch, but it feels like a lot of what people hate about it is stuff some of us have been saying about the MCU all along. I like the MCU for what it is, but most of the movies are basically Hollywood conveyor-belt fluff with corny humor and thin plots. Even the best ones have stupid **** like a traumatized Thor bring the butt of fat jokes from his teammates or Chris Pratt dancing and calling the villain "turd blossom" during a climactic moment. None of these are high art, I'm afraid.

Back in the day, people would shout that down with "Superhero movies are supposed to be fun! Not everything needs to be dark and gritty!" as if the only options were those two extremes.

I'm not trying to sound bitter, but it's just strange to see audiences suddenly turn on Marvel for what I feel like it's mostly been doing all along. I appreciated Ant-Man 3 for trying to have a more epic scale than the others and for having a better villain than most MCU fare does. It just feels like an odd movie to be the focus of such disdain.
    Just Marvel fatigue in general. The same formula that everyone loved seemingly everyone got sick of around the same time so now they need to recalibrate. It'll be interesting to see how they manage that