Page 455 of 497 FirstFirst ... 355405445451452453454455456457458459465 ... LastLast
Results 6,811 to 6,825 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Personally think this would be an exceptional Animated Movie with Alex Ross & CGI hands down!! Plus I would love to see a TEAM 7 movie along with a SEVEN SOLDIERS movie.

Just saying.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

https://www.thetrailblazer.net/p/wal...stic-four-cast
    The superhero television series from DC Studios co-CEOs James Gunn and Peter Safran’s DC Universe (DCU) have received some production updates via Production Weekly, verifying reports from r/DCULeaks from last year. The comedy Booster Gold is listed as in active development, while the “terrestrial-based” cosmic detective story Lanterns is being produced by Gunn and Safran alongside Damon Lindelof (Watchmen, Lost), who was previously revealed to be consulting on it, and comic book writer and DC Studios writers’ room member Tom King. Also confirmed in the listing is that Chris Mundy (True Detective, Criminal Minds, Ozark) is serving as showrunner of Lanterns (which was also first revealed by r/DCULeaks). That’s an impressive resume while Nathan Fillion will reprise his Superman: Legacy role as the Green Lantern Guy Gardner, bowl cut and all. This lends to indicate that DC Studios is ramping up production after a slow development year, save for Superman, no thanks to the dual Hollywood strikes.

The spy series Waller is also still in development, after it was originally set for a 2024 release though that may be delayed as filming has yet to occur due to the strikes preventing work from progressing last year. Alongside Gunn and Safran (the latter also through The Safran Company), the series has added some remarkable talent in Chris Provenzano (Mad Men, Justified), who is producing the series with showrunners Christal Henry and Jeremy Carver. Amanda Waller herself Viola Davis is also producing through her and film producer Julius Tennon’s production company JuVee Productions. (Tennon is not known to be involved.) One recurring name in these listings is casting director John Papsidera (The Dark Knight, Tenet, The Suicide Squad), who is the overall CD for the DCU and has had a stellar track record already with Superman: Legacy, which is also being produced with executive producer Charles Roven’s Atlas Entertainment while Lars P. Winther, who worked on Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy films as a co-producer, is also among the producer team. The production logline for Waller states:

“A live action series, the spinoff of Peacemaker, centered around Amanda Waller and her relationship with her daughter, Leota. If there's one government bureaucrat who shouldn't be messed with, it’s Amanda Waller, founder of the infamous Task Force X, better known as the Suicide Squad.”

Loeta Adebayo was portrayed by Danielle Brooks in Peacemaker, and she will reprise her role in this series.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Happyly and positively looking forward to Lanterns, Booster and Waller. Maybe Superman Legacy's Authority will replace the bad guys of Kingdom Come in the overall plan since those weren't that gripping.

https://x.com/yuhkidemers/status/175...487sLx_4UoiJsQ

5 months ago Patrick Harpin walked into @wbpictures @DCofficial and pitched an Batman Beyond Animated Feature.

Before we pitched, they warned us "there is absolutely no way we can do a Batman Beyond movie", but they loved our enthusiasm. We pitched the outline for the entire film, and what started as a 'never' turned into a 'maybe'.

In the time since, we've been pitching our way up the company hoping to get to @jamesgunn. But for now, here's a taste of what we've been cooking.

From Writer/Director Patrick Harpin
    & Production Designer/Producer Yuhki Demers (Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

And they rejected THAT?
    Are they crazy? I hope Gunn will pay attention to this.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

That looks fucking cool.

So so sick! I wonder if they wanted to get the original voice cast involved too.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    And they rejected THAT?
    Are they crazy? I hope Gunn will pay attention to this.
    Gunn isn't able to save the animated films that he co-wrote HIMSELF like Coyote vs. Acme from David Zaslav's tax cutting hammer

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Now that's my batman..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 02-20-2024 at 11:11 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

I hope if this is realised, Inque is indeed in the film..she was awesome in BB

This was that same project where they were going with Asian Terry right?

It looked absolutely sick .

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This was that same project where they were going with Asian Terry right?

It looked absolutely sick .
    Asian terry means no bruce's son nonsense..batman beyond was sorta shonen-ish.Brash young loud mouth youngster taking a corrupt world by storm.Gotham was this cyberpunk tokyo city.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Andy Muschietti is still set to direct DCU’s ‘BRAVE AND THE BOLD’ as of now.
    I really hope they're starting active development soon, because these constant rumors about whether Muschietti is still doing this or not are really annoying.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Andy Muschietti is still set to direct DCU’s ‘BRAVE AND THE BOLD’ as of now.
    I really hope they're starting active development soon, because these constant rumors about whether Muschietti is still doing this or not are really annoying.
    I hope he's not. Would prefer a different director. Flash was an visually ugly movie and the script...

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Asian terry means no bruce's son nonsense..batman beyond was sorta shonen-ish.Brash young loud mouth youngster taking a corrupt world by storm.Gotham was this cyberpunk tokyo city.
    Not necessarily if their mom was Asian.
    Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I hope he's not. Would prefer a different director. Flash was an visually ugly movie and the script...
    But the actual Batman content was good.