Page 451 of 497 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455461 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    It was never confirmed that Dick was the dead Robin in the Snyderverse, there was a set photo with his gravesite from BvS' production, but it never appeared in the film, and the actual dead Robin was revealed to be Jason Todd in Suicide Squad (through promotional material)
    No, Snyder confirmed that it was Dick.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    No, Snyder confirmed that it was Dick.
    Well, either way, it's not something that was in the final cut of the movie and later it was established onscreen to be Jason. Things that were intended to happen but didn't make the final cut don't count. George Lucas intended Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader to be different people when he made Star Wars and plans changed and Empire Strikes Back changed that. The Flash movie was intended to have Keaton's Batman appear at the end. Then different executives came in and had Clooney there instead. What's onscreen is canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    By the way, if Damian is in a Teen Titans movie, then it should be among the first projects in the second wave of announcements, because if they wait too long, the actor they cast as Damian may already be grown up. Stranger Things cast has the same problem. So I guess we can expect more news as soon, as Damian casting begins.
    It's basically the DCAMU but in live-action.

Keep Damian out of my Titans

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    I guess so. Which is why I usually correct people when they call Fire a WOC. Hawkgirl, Jessica Cruz and Yara are Brown Latinas, Fire is White Latina and Renee Montoya is an Afro Latina.
    I think Kendra might be an Afro-Latina in current continuity. I always assumed they based her appearance on Earth-2 Hawkgirl, who I always read as Black.

As for Renee, neither of her parents ever seems to be drawn as Black.
    Currently Reading: DC v. Vampires / Batman: Urban Legends / Robin / Nightwing / Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by thefinalguy View Post
    I think Kendra might be an Afro-Latina in current continuity. I always assumed they based her appearance on Earth-2 Hawkgirl, who I always read as Black.

As for Renee, neither of her parents ever seems to be drawn as Black.
    They’ve made no statement about Kendra’s heritage currently. Far as I know she’s “brown” like her actress Merced is.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Well, either way, it's not something that was in the final cut of the movie and later it was established onscreen to be Jason.
    When that was established? I only remember them alluding to Jason Todd on Twitter.

Either way, killing Dick Grayson is a dumb idea, but that is just one of many that came from Zack Snyder.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Fire could be a white latina thinking about it now,but there are some others that would call her browns.
    She was a POC in the live action versions however.

Heck their those that would say jessica cruz is a white latina.
    I had a debate with someone who did that is john stewart thread.

THREAD: JOHN STEWART: GREEN LANTERN APPRECIATION 2020
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-2020/page27

and a follow up talk here is the jessica cruz thread.
    THREAD: JESSICA CRUZ: GREEN LANTERN APPRECIATION THREAD 2020
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ead-2020/page3

There was back and forth debate on what race Yara Flor is in the NATIVE AMERICANS/MESTIZOS/MÉTIS OF THE DCU!! thread.
    Of course ethnic wise she is half native american and half latino.

Renee montoya for most of her appearance she looks brown.
    She looks brown in comics,cartoons and live action shows.
    The only time she was a black latino was in the dceu.

Anyway here is how i see it.

Brown latinas.
    Pre-flash point kendra a brown latina.
    Jessica cruz is a brown latina.
    Renee montoya.

Black latina.
    Post-flast point hawkgirl kendra version a bi-racial black latina like the earth 2 one.
    She is also black in the cw dc shows.

Asiatic latina.
    Yara Flor
    Michelle Hurd portrayed Fire in the Justice League of America television movie in 1997. That's the only time she was depicted as black.
    Fire, as "Green Fury", appears in Powerless, portrayed by Natalie Morales. She was white in the show. She is also depicted as white in her animated appearances.
    Last edited by Veni; 02-12-2024 at 06:29 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    When that was established? I only remember them alluding to Jason Todd on Twitter.
    It wasn't, it's just what everybody thought. There was no clarification, because Affleck's Batman didn't get his movie, and BvS and Justice League (both versions) didn't reveal the name of Robin, who was killed. Only one mention from Joker in Snyder Cut.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It wasn't, it's just what everybody thought. There was no clarification, because Affleck's Batman didn't get his movie, and BvS and Justice League (both versions) didn't reveal the name of Robin, who was killed. Only one mention from Joker in Snyder Cut.
    I know the director of Suicide Squad said it was Jason and I thought you saw Jason's name on a file or in one of the scenes. Either way, Snyder's plans for Dick never made it onscreen and there was a Nightwing movie in the works.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Michelle Hurd portrayed Fire in the Justice League of America television movie in 1997. That's the only time she was depicted as black.
    Fire, as "Green Fury", appears in Powerless, portrayed by Natalie Morales. She was white in the show. She is also depicted as white in her animated appearances.

This Natalie Morales looks like a white woman?

Clearly not.

This Natalie Morales is brown,not white.

You got your natatie morales mixed up.
    The one from nbc news in new york is white.

The one who played fire from the nbc show powerless is not white.
    Last edited by mace11; 02-12-2024 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Well, either way, it's not something that was in the final cut of the movie and later it was established onscreen to be Jason
    It was never established on-screen to be Jason, at least not to my recollection. It's only fans that ID'd the dead Robin as Jason, but that's because they know better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    It was never established on-screen to be Jason, at least not to my recollection. It's only fans that ID'd the dead Robin as Jason, but that's because they know better.
    I remember the director of Suicide Squad saying it was Jason and there was a Nightwing movie in the works, so it's pretty safe to say Snyder's idea never made it into the actual movies themselves. Story ideas get dropped all the time during or even after production.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    This Natalie Morales looks like a white woman?

Clearly not.

This Natalie Morales is brown,not white.

You got your natatie morales mixed up.
    The one from nbc news in new york is white.

The one who played fire from the nbc show powerless is not white.
    How is that brown? That's a white woman. What's your concept of a white woman? American views on race don't make sense.