Page 487 of 497 FirstFirst ... 387437477483484485486487488489490491 ... LastLast
Results 7,291 to 7,305 of 7455

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I mean, I think it would be pretty weird to use the exact same logline of a comic for a movie.
    Well I'd imagine there's some nuance there. Maybe the film is partially based on that comic so it's used as the logline in industry circles.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Please do not go with that Rebirth lineup! I didn’t like it in the comics and I don’t like it now
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Please do not go with that Rebirth lineup! I didn’t like it in the comics and I don’t like it now
    What is the alternative? They're not going to make a Teen Titans movie without Starfire, Raven, or Beast Boy, and Damian is Robin in this universe. I don't like it either but I don't see what else they could do...
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Astonishing Member

Rebirth run was just boring, so, it's not really a good idea to start with that.
    Regarding the line-up, it's pretty much going to be this anyways, maybe something like DCAMU, most likely with Nightwing, because I don't see Gunn not putting him in charge, even if the goal is to make Damian the main character.

All-New Member

Honestly Rebirth run was more interesting than Teen Titans Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by bluelolly View Post
    Not much to brag about there.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    I mean, I think it would be pretty weird to use the exact same logline of a comic for a movie.
    I’m also not sure they’d have the logline for this film so early.

I am still guessing it’ll essentially be along the lines of the Johns run/the DCMU movies in premise and cast.

I wouldn't mind seeing Bunker

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    This is what the Indian God of Death looks like

Satan as in the Christian devil and demons in different religions ended up having horns via osmosis from various Pagan imagery. The name Trigon is also very similar to the Sanskrit term Trigun so wouldn't be surprised if that's where Perez got it from while doing research on Hinduism for Azarathi culture inspiration.
    That is not what yama look like generally.Might be why i didn't find anything familiar (this feels like ravana a rakshasa or an oni in his demonic form).That might be depiction from a some person(i am not gonna say it's wrong.Because it's generally individual liberty of how they want to see their god)..If the sanskrit word "thri guna"(thri=three and guna=nature) is was used then Trigon doesn't have any meat.Thri guna means 3 types nature.There good nature,bad and neutral (it's a complex subject.i can't really translate fully.so this is crude).brahman(cosmic soul many hindus believe in) itself has three nature..
    "Now i become death..destroyer of worlds"(bad translation doesn't miss the mark).Anyways,if trigon is an based of yama ,then the depiction of him as "villain" was a bad idea.

This is.We generally don't call yama "evil".He is prevalent throughout asia and in pop culture (yu yu hakusho,dbz..etc).heck! Yama is so dutyFul boyscout that he is worshipped as " dharma raja"(the king of rightful conduct).note- his duty which is to take life as part of natural cycle.Yama rides an ox or buffalo and uses a xhain or rope to take/suck life away.He sports an awesome mustache and is very physical strong(sometimes a huge fat guy with muscles)
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-23-2024 at 01:54 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

This should be reposted everytime a new superhero movie is getting cast

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 03-23-2024 at 09:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Android 17 View Post
    Honestly, after waiting all these years for another live action Robin, starting with Damian in the mantle is just anticlimactic.
    It really is, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    Sadly, this is expected considering Damian's status as "the blood son".

He gets key roles in Elseworlds, he was basically the lead character of the entire DCAMU, and now he is going to be one of the most important characters in Gunn's DCU (one Batman movie as co-lead and one Teen Titans movie where he is the lead).
    Kinda makes you wonder how some people can actually think he gets short thrifted when it comes to exposure among the Bat-Family, huh?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    https://www.thetrailblazer.net/p/wed...-titans-smurfs

“This past week, DC Studios was revealed by The Hollywood Reporter to be developing a live-action feature film Teen Titans, centered on the team of teenage superheroes, for their franchise the DC Universe (DCU) from James Gunn and Peter Safran. Ana Nogueira, who wrote the pic Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow for the studio, is writing this film.”

“There have been a lot of ideas floated around since this film’s development was revealed as to what the team roster may be, and the recent issue of Production Weekly, which reports that production is set to begin in late 2025, may offer some insight into what the film may be centered on through its logline:”

“The Teen Titans are further apart than ever before...until Damian Wayne recruits Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and the new Kid Flash to join him in a fight against his own grandfather, Ra's al Ghul.”

“That description is taken directly from Teen Titans Vol. 1: Damian Knows Best, which was written by Benjamin Percy with art by Khoi Pham, Diogenes Neves, and Jonboy Meyers, and a cover by Jonboy Meyers. That comic was released in five parts from December 2016 through April 2017, as part of the “DC Rebirth” event, and makes up Teen Titans (Volume 6), which ran until January 2021. Gunn is no stranger to appreciating recent DC Comics storylines and using them in some fashion for the DCU, so it is quite likely that this one holds true, though I will note that Production Weekly does sometimes just include basic descriptions of the subject provided to them. The Kid Flash in that comic is none other than Wally West, who in that universe is the nephew of the Flash, Barry Allen.”

Maybe this version of Ras Al Ghul has connection with Trigon like DCAMU.

Maybe this version of Ras Al Ghul has connection with Trigon like DCAMU.
    Assuming this description is true (which is big if seeing as It's taken from a comic), I imagine Ra's wouldn't be the actual main villain.

Likely he either has a connection with Trigon as you said or he is overthrown by Deathstroke halfway through (which is something that happened in both the DCAMU and YJ).