Page 384 of 500 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394434484 ... LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 7489

Thread: DCU Movies

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Is it official? The link doesn’t work.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Official. The concept art were made by Meryl Franck back in May/June 2022: https://www.meryl-franck.com/creaturecommandos

The Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom prelude comic came out this week.

The first story has guest appearances of Ezra and Gal's versions of Flash and Wonder Woman. As usual like in the movies Superman is mentioned a couple of times but he is a no-show (is Cavill "embargoed" even in comics now?). Batman is also a no-show (no wonder they didn't wanted to deal with who is supposed to be Batman in the DCEU). None of the JLers go to Arthur and Mera's wedding like aren't they even friends?

For the billions of Vulko's fans: spoilers:
    the scene of Arthur talking with his father about missing Vulko and his demise for a disease no longer appear in a more recent cut of the film (it was a leftover of a subplot already cut the past November under Gunn/Safran), leaving him alive off-screen by not addressing the character at all. But, a new excuse to justify his absence from the film is provided in the prequel comic: Vulko is left injured and hospitalized and will need time to recover.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 11-02-2023 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I wonder if they're going with Frankenstein as a gentle soul with anger issues? I dunno, the design kind of throws me off here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom prelude comic came out this week.

The first story has guest appearances of Ezra and Gal's versions of Flash and Wonder Woman. As usual like in the movies Superman is mentioned a couple of times but he is a no-show (is Cavill "embargoed" even in comics now?). Batman is also a no-show (no wonder they didn't wanted to deal with who is supposed to be Batman in the DCEU). None of the JLers go to Arthur and Mera's wedding like aren't they even friends?

For the billions of Vulko's fans: spoilers:
    the scene of Arthur talking with his father about missing Vulko and his demise for a disease no longer appear in a more recent cut of the film (it was a leftover of a subplot already cut the past November under Gunn/Safran), leaving him alive off-screen by not addressing the character at all. But, a new excuse to justify the character absence from the film is provided in the prequel comic: Vulko is left injured and hospitalized and will need time to recover.
    end of spoilers
    Work colleagues who don't visit the wedding. Sucks .

spoilers:
    We may never see him again, but at least he's not unceremoniously offed.
    end of spoilers

During the Bobbypills Animation Studios' slate presentation, it was announced that Creature Commandos will be 7 episodes of 22-minute each and releases in 2025: https://youtu.be/nnQNNxOdb48?feature=shared&t=1671
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 11-02-2023 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderLight789 View Post
    gunn posted a bloody angry WW pic from new 52 to celebrate WW day. I have no faith in him and this project, that is likely to never become a reality.
    That means nothing, just as it would mean nothing if he posted a Golden Age Wonder Woman pic.

So, definitely behind the times but Blue Beetle hit blu-ray and I got it for my wife, who adores both Jaime and Ted (and especially the Blue and the Gold, and spent the movie hoping for a Booster or Skeets easter egg).

And damn, Xolo was just as good as people said he was. I was super happy with his performance. As much as I disagree with keeping anything from the prior movies, I can't say Gunn is wrong to want to keep this kid, he's great. Costume was fine, the best part was the ways they made it fun, like the...thingies....over his shoulders waving about. Liked the family dynamic, I feel like they did the Reyeses justice, and even crazy Nana and uncle Rudy worked with the vibe. Action was fine, with a couple genuinely fun moments.

I wish the trailers hadn't ruined so many of the best moments. This movie would have hit a lot better if the first (and only, I think) tv spot/trailer I watched hadn't revealed so much.

But hot damn that plot was basic. Well executed (a few things that pulled me out for a second notwithstanding, like how hard OMAC goes flying when Rudy uses his truck to throw his sci-fi tool box at him) but really color-by-numbers. The family dynamic and Xolo's charm and banter save everything, and I can happily say this was one of the better DCEU movies, but this didn't even think about going outside the box. Still, enjoyed it a lot.

Sharing just because I so rarely have the chance to say anything positive about the DCEU, so thought I'd take a moment.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    So, definitely behind the times but Blue Beetle hit blu-ray and I got it for my wife, who adores both Jaime and Ted (and especially the Blue and the Gold, and spent the movie hoping for a Booster or Skeets easter egg).

And damn, Xolo was just as good as people said he was. I was super happy with his performance. As much as I disagree with keeping anything from the prior movies, I can't say Gunn is wrong to want to keep this kid, he's great. Costume was fine, the best part was the ways they made it fun, like the...thingies....over his shoulders waving about. Liked the family dynamic, I feel like they did the Reyeses justice, and even crazy Nana and uncle Rudy worked with the vibe. Action was fine, with a couple genuinely fun moments.

I wish the trailers hadn't ruined so many of the best moments. This movie would have hit a lot better if the first (and only, I think) tv spot/trailer I watched hadn't revealed so much.

But hot damn that plot was basic. Well executed (a few things that pulled me out for a second notwithstanding, like how hard OMAC goes flying when Rudy uses his truck to throw his sci-fi tool box at him) but really color-by-numbers. The family dynamic and Xolo's charm and banter save everything, and I can happily say this was one of the better DCEU movies, but this didn't even think about going outside the box. Still, enjoyed it a lot.

Sharing just because I so rarely have the chance to say anything positive about the DCEU, so thought I'd take a moment.
    Glad you enjoyed it .

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Apologies I don’t know why that link doesn’t work, it’s the same one LSoK posted. Interesting that they delayed it until 2025 but I think it’s for the best, put more distance between the DCEU and the DCU and make 2025 the big start of the new shared universe.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Actress Anya Chalotra (The Witcher) has the role of Circe in Creature Commandos listed in her official CV on Spotlight:

In before Wonder Woman fans complain about the Creature Commandos fighting Circe before Wonder Woman does .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In before Wonder Woman fans complain about the Creature Commandos fighting Circe before Wonder Woman does .
    she's an immortal god, if anything its a good sign for Wonder Woman fans. Him using a highly requested, powerful, charismatic villain

Circe in a WW movie/show would be an actually good sign.

Something that Gunn for some reason can't commit to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

Yeah the plot was basic but you have to remember that this movie was originally intended to be a straight to streaming flick with a lower budget. When Zaslav took over he changed it to a theatrical release.

I think it was great for what it was. But yeah, it’s hard to get people excited about a by the numbers origin story in the post Endgame world.

It’s not gonna get a sequel but I’m still super happy that Xolo will get another chance to play Blue Beetle in Gunn’s DCU!