Page 1 of 497 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: DCU Movies

I'm more into the new faces at DC so have at it.

Ah is this the new thread? James Gunn shares the Kingdom Come Art again on Twitter:
    Making plans.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Posted this in the Cartoon thread, moving here, thanks to the OP for starting up a new thread!

So I was watching Justice League the other day, I was scrolling through and saw it was on TNT and wanted to see the last half hour.
    I pretty much came in when Superman was resurrected and A few things struck a nerve, the biggest was how they wrote Batman. He made jokes. Batman doesn't make jokes nor does he try to one up someone like he did with Diana by mentioning Steve Trevor. And then how easily Superman took down Steppenwolf, though WW did hold her own there for a bit.
    Also, the two little kids that they showcased A LOT in the movie. One wearing a red hoodie and the other a blue one. I saw them and thought, Hawk and Dove. Though Hawk and Dove are not Russian but that is not a reason for them not to be H&D. I wonder if they had plans for those kids because they are shown a lot, or they were just the typical plot device of people/children in harms way.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I still don't see how they can do Kingdom Come. They barely have a universe established. They're making the same mistake Snyder made with DKR. You can't do stories about versions that have been around for decades when they've barely been around a decade.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I still don't see how they can do Kingdom Come. They barely have a universe established. They're making the same mistake Snyder made with DKR. You can't do stories about versions that have been around for decades when they've barely been around a decade.
    Maybe it's something they are working towards. With Affleck being an Older Batman and who knows what happens in Flash, it is totally doable.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Why do people think this would be the next JL movie? It’s more likely the endgame story they’d be building towards which would wrap up Cavill, Gadot, Momoa, etc time as the leads and pave the way for a new generation to take over. They’re mapping out a 10 year plan, this is likely what the final movie in that 10 year slate would be.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

They're not doing Kingdom Come, the image obviously represents Gunn, Safran and the other higher-ups mapping out their decade-long plan. Mind you, similar to their predecessors, they're not actually "in charge" of anything, their projects will be greenlit based on whether Zaslav and co like them or not.

I'd have rather had the Monster Society to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    For real, why tease them and then do nothing...

Not yet I'm guessing

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They will probably be at the end with even more members still preparing their plans

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Not yet I'm guessing

They will probably be at the end with even more members still preparing their plans
    The World is not ready for an Alien Caterpillar not name Mothra...

Should have gone with Mr.Mind. Fits the goofiness of Shazam perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Gunn later liked this on Twitter.

Banner from CCPX in Brazil.

With some other stuff from the DC exhibit.