Page 88 of 497 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Moreover, DC themselves were a bit muddled about whether the New 52 was a 'reboot' or not. They avoided using the term, and mostly seemed to treat it as the universe being retconned to give some characters new origins, erase some marriages and make everyone younger.

Honestly I do hope Gunn is a bit more clear-headed about his plans continuity-wise, especially since his new universe will also be beginning in the wake of a 'Flashpoint' event. If its a soft-reboot retaining some characters and past continuity, there needs to be a clear plan about which past movies 'count' and which don't.
    I don't think the Flash is going to have anything to do with Gunn's reboot, since it comes out before Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2 (and supposedly creates a very different status quo than Gunn will likely continue with).

All-New Member

So, if Gunn meant January 31st, why didn't he just say that? This is more building irritation than anticipation.

Oscar list--

Batman gets best sound and best makeup.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/o...st-1235495072/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I don't think the Flash is going to have anything to do with Gunn's reboot, since it comes out before Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2 (and supposedly creates a very different status quo than Gunn will likely continue with).
    It can't even be retrofit to lead into a reboot because it's envisioned to be a prelude to a multiverse storyline. I mean 2 Batmen switching place in the multiverse by "mistake" and spoilers:
    the set up at the end for Barry tripping in the multiverse to bring his BM back
    end of spoilers. Even cutting this part, the rest of the movie remains still very tied to the past DCEU continuity. As i said in other threads long ago, the film establishes via flashback that spoilers:
    Barry was present in Metropolis saving civilians during Superman and Zod's battle from MoS, it's part of DCEU Barry's limited backstory as one of his first actions after getting his powers. Also, the movie plays with the idea that changing the past would lead to a disaster with Zod and the kryptonians getting their way unlike in MoS. The central conflict in The Flash film.

The movie is full of references, homages and callbacks to MoS (including a dark and twisted homage to the most controversial scene of the original film, lol) that even removing Cavill's cameo from the The Flash wouldn't cut the ties with MoS anymore than cutting Bill Murray and Harold Ramis from Ghostbusters: Afterlife would disconnect the film from the original one.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 01-24-2023 at 09:07 AM.

I don't mind a soft reboot and it's probably easier to do it in the films than the comics. The films are more finite and less tangled than the comics so it's easier to be surgeon and cut away what you don't like.

Honestly I rather skip over the League and go for the JSA, Shadowpact, Future State, Batman Beyond etc.

But maybe Gunn win me over with his young Superman movie. Reeves did with the first trailer so I'm optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I don't mind a soft reboot and it's probably easier to do it in the films than the comics. The films are more finite and less tangled than the comics so it's easier to be surgeon and cut away what you don't like.

Honestly I rather skip over the League and go for the JSA, Shadowpact, Future State, Batman Beyond etc.

But maybe Gunn win me over with his young Superman movie. Reeves did with the first trailer so I'm optimistic.
    You had me until Batman Beyond...I want new stuff not related to Batman like that...We need a universe that is not dependant on Batman to sell. That being said, I would love a Nightwing led team to be the focal point, be it Titans, Teen Titans or even the JL(A).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    The 1940s Aquaman was a human and his father, an undersea explorer taught him how to breathe underwater.
    Sorry. I meant the 50s

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    You had me until Batman Beyond...I want new stuff not related to Batman like that...We need a universe that is not dependant on Batman to sell. That being said, I would love a Nightwing led team to be the focal point, be it Titans, Teen Titans or even the JL(A).
    It's a new era to explore and Terry offers different opportunities than Bruce. You could expand beyond Terry to who the Flash of this era is and others.

I also liked God's and Monsters but that feels unlikely to be followed up upon.

I'd add Wildstorm and Milestone to the list.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-24-2023 at 08:42 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It can't even be retrofit to lead into a reboot because it's envisioned to be a prelude to a multiverse storyline. I mean 2 Batmen switching place in the multiverse by "mistake" and spoilers:
    the set up at the end for Barry tripping in the multiverse to bring his BM back
    end of spoilers. Even cutting this part, the rest of the movie remains still very tied to the past DCEU continuity. As i said in other threads long ago, the film establishes via flashback that spoilers:
    Barry was present in Metropolis saving civilians during Superman and Zod's battle from MoS, it's part of DCEU Barry's limited backstory as one of his first actions after getting his powers. Also, the movie plays with the idea that changing the past would lead to a disaster with Zod and the kryptonians getting their way unlike in MoS. The central conflict in The Flash film.

The movie is full of references, homages and callbacks to MoS (including a dark and twisted homage to the most controversial scene of the original film, lol) that even removing Cavill's cameo from the The Flash wouldn't cut the ties with MoS anymore than cutting Bill Murray and Harold Ramis from Ghostbusters: Afterlife would disconnect the film from the original one.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, and without that last scene, it'll leave Keaton Bats and Supergirl with a much less satisfying resolution to their stories. I hope they just leave the movie alone.

Maybe it makes more sense to just leave Flash as it is, and then reboot later.
    It may work AGAINST them to have the reboot tied to a Flash movie that’s soon to be invalidated anyway.
    Have Flash be the hast hurrah of the old regime, I guess.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

A small bit about that "secret" character from The Flash: https://twitter.com/FlashFilmNews/st...96530891522050

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Yeah, and without that last scene, it'll leave Keaton Bats and Supergirl with a much less satisfying resolution to their stories. I hope they just leave the movie alone.
    Yeah I get it. But I don't see the point of keeping Keaton and Affleck scenes at the end if there's no multiverse movie following that ending.

They did few days of unscheduled reshoots recently. Perhaps to tweak the end and make it more self contained? We'll see.

A small bit about that "secret" character from The Flash: https://twitter.com/FlashFilmNews/st...96530891522050
    I guess that ties the antagonists together.

BANNED

Yeah I get it. But I don't see the point of keeping Keaton and Affleck scenes at the end if there's no multiverse movie following that ending.

They did few days of unscheduled reshoots recently. Perhaps to tweak the end and make it more self contained? We'll see.
    The Affleck scene is less important. But changing the end scene basically gives a VERY different and much crappier ending to Keaton and Supergirl's storylines. I honestly just prefer the studio alter these things after the fact as little as possible. The story and character arcs are meant to be resolved at the end of the movie in a specific way and changing that to link up to some new thing that didn't even exist when the movie was written just seems like gutting the story. I just want this movie to be good. Leave these versions of the characters as they are and just start over in a new universe. I think fans of Keaton-Batman will be pretty unhappy if they cut out the actual intended ending for the character.

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    Now it looks like Daniel West's Reverse Flash
    end of spoilers

I remember when that was a theory for Batfleck's armor.
    Last edited by Batgrayson; 01-25-2023 at 11:34 AM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I'm pretty good at bypassing all this talk about leaks, and appreciate the spoiler tags, but part of me wonders whether explicit conversations about them should be in a separate thread.