Page 452 of 499 FirstFirst ... 352402442448449450451452453454455456462 ... LastLast
Results 6,766 to 6,780 of 7473

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    How is that brown? That's a white woman. What's your concept of a white woman? American views on race don't make sense.
    Honestly, she looks mixed with African. You can see it in the nose/eyes. Makes sense since she’s Cuban descent. Unless we are expanding the definition of White to include those of multiracial descent (ie Mulattos, Mestizos).

Saying that, compare Fire to Yara Flor, both are Brazilian but the latter is Brown/Native while the former is European/White. Hawkgirl (Kendra) is Brown, especially now that she’s being played by Isabela Merced (Mestiza).
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Guess he's going to take over for his son as Waller's top guy.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    How is that brown? That's a white woman. What's your concept of a white woman? American views on race don't make sense.
    I never said i was american.

So i guess the actress playing kamala khan is white too and not brown?

Is jessica cruz white too?

Natalie,jessica cruz and the actress playing kamala are brown.

Race wise the first Natalie picture i posted is a intermediate race type(brown) and not white.
    In fact when i first saw her i thought she was a bi-racial black woman and some would she is looking that looking at certain pictures.
    Anyway looking at more pics i would say she is brown and not white.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Anyway here is how i see it.

Brown latinas.
    Pre-flash point kendra a brown latina.
    Jessica cruz is a brown latina.
    Renee montoya.

Black latina.
    Post-flast point hawkgirl kendra version a bi-racial black latina like the earth 2 one.
    She is also black in the cw dc shows.

Asiatic latina.
    Yara Flor
    Note-
    Yara Flor is a asiatc race type.
    Her features looks asiatic (asian).
    Like alot of native americans.
    Let's keep in mind there are some native americans and south east asians with a brown type skin tone but thier phenotype is asiatic and not intermediate (racially brown).
    Last edited by mace11; 02-12-2024 at 05:51 PM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

This discussion of actress' races in detail is creeping me out.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Fire could be a white latina thinking about it now,but there are some others that would call her browns.
    She was a POC in the live action versions however.

Heck their those that would say jessica cruz is a white latina.
    I had a debate with someone who did that is john stewart thread.

THREAD: JOHN STEWART: GREEN LANTERN APPRECIATION 2020
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-2020/page27

and a follow up talk here is the jessica cruz thread.
    THREAD: JESSICA CRUZ: GREEN LANTERN APPRECIATION THREAD 2020
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ead-2020/page3

There was back and forth debate on what race Yara Flor is in the NATIVE AMERICANS/MESTIZOS/MÉTIS OF THE DCU!! thread.
    Of course ethnic wise she is half native american and half latino.

Renee montoya for most of her appearance she looks brown.
    She looks brown in comics,cartoons and live action shows.
    The only time she was a black latino was in the dceu.

Anyway here is how i see it.

Brown latinas.
    Pre-flash point kendra a brown latina.
    Jessica cruz is a brown latina.
    Renee montoya.

Black latina.
    Post-flast point hawkgirl kendra version a bi-racial black latina like the earth 2 one.
    She is also black in the cw dc shows.

Asiatic latina.
    Yara Flor
    Yara asiatic? She’s supposed to represent native Brazilians. I don’t think she has anything to do with Asia at all. Her entire thing is based on indigenous Brazilian cultures.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yara asiatic? She’s supposed to represent native Brazilians. I don’t think she has anything to do with Asia at all. Her entire thing is based on indigenous Brazilian cultures.
    Let me clear this up some more because there seems to be some confusion going on here.
    Reply below.
    Alot or most native americans are asiatic(origins from asia).
    The reason why i say most because there are native americans that look white,brown or black.
    Of course all these other races i mention above that live in asia too.
    Just like latinos they come in all race types,asian looking,black looking,white looking and brown looking.
    They are not their own race.

Here is A group of native americans called Eskimo.

"Eskimo Group" by photographer William Dinwiddie (1894)

They look asian.
    Think of most blacks that live in asia.
    Most of them have been OUT of africa so long they are NOT african anymore.
    They are asian BUT not asiatic racially.
    They are black asians.
    They are still black,just not african.

Native American Ancestors Came From Asia In Three Migrations
    https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/247747#3

Native Americans—and their genes—traveled back to Siberia, new genomes reveal
    Other ancient DNA sheds light on the tangled human history of northern Asia after the ice age
    https://www.science.org/content/arti...genomes-reveal

Some times Yara is drawn to look brown or black looking in the past(some thought she was black at first in some of THE past art work).

Yara Racially normally looks asiatic and meant be drawn that way.
    She is a native american asiatic type.
    So racially she is asian/asiatic but is not east asian,or north asian etc..she is native american.
    Info real life.
    Genetic history of the Indigenous peoples of the Americas
    Indigenous American populations descend from an Ancient Paleo-Siberian population, itself a combination of an Ancient East Asian lineage which diverged from other East Asian peoples prior to the Last Glacial Maximum, between 36,000 and 25,000 years ago, and subsequently migrated into Siberia, where they merged with Ancient North Eurasians. They later dispersed throughout the Americas after about 16,000 years ago (exceptions being the Na-Dene and Eskimo–Aleut speaking groups, which are derived partially from Siberian populations which entered the Americas at a later time).
    Source wikipedia
    Now dc has thier own history,universe etc.. just like marvel and other comicbook companies so, history,dna info etc.. will not be like the real world/or our world but there will be some similar things and some major differences.

I and some others go into details below when it come to comicbooks,sci-fi,fantasy etc.. vs real life here.
    THREAD: NEW MUTANTS MOVIE
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Movie/page304
    Last edited by mace11; 02-13-2024 at 04:12 PM.

Astonishing Member

Muschietti is expected to finish It spin-off series in July, and apparently that's when he turns his attention to The Brave and the Bold.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Why are we talking about race?there are no geneticists here..right?we are talking about complex things out of our asses.This thread is about dc movies anyways
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Why are we talking about race?there are no geneticists here..right?we are talking about complex things out of our asses.This thread is about dc movies anyways
    The question was if an actress "looks the part"... which is an essential part of casting choices.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    The question was if an actress "looks the part"... which is an essential part of casting choices.
    Yeah Well!! then talk about that then.I call dibs on being cast as the monkey prince cause i am a monkey!!!..or at the very least my aunt used to call me a little monkey
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah Well!! then talk about that then.
    People are.... It's just that eventually it gets into complexes of concrete definitions

I have some faith that this is just the initial meaningless promos and they wouldn’t be dumb enough to try to make Joker and Harley star crossed lovers after what we know about their toxic relationship. For years it was pretty terrible seeing casual fans writing “relationships goals” under picture of Joker and Harley, not realizing that he regularly slapped her around and she suffered from Stockholm syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I have some faith that this is just the initial meaningless promos and they wouldn’t be dumb enough to try to make Joker and Harley star crossed lovers after what we know about their toxic relationship. For years it was pretty terrible seeing casual fans writing “relationships goals” under picture of Joker and Harley, not realizing that he regularly slapped her around and she suffered from Stockholm syndrome.
    This Joker barley resembles the character from the comics, can’t expect much comic accuracy when it comes to Harley either.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    This discussion of actress' races in detail is creeping me out.
    That's because it's creepy.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.