Page 161 of 499 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 7475

Thread: DCU Movies

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm just curious about why though.

Stiff competition?

Lack of interest?

Damage to the DC Brand?

Nothing in there for audiences to sink their teeth into?

Barely any advertising?

Or all of the above.
    I think it's all of the above. But I have seen if advertised A LOT. The trailer was also attached to Avatar 2 and was extremely bad so a lot of people's first impression of the movie was that horrendous original trailer. Now Ant-Man 3's trailer was equally atrocious but I think that was buoyed the opening weekend thanks to Jonathan Majors/Kang.

Plus Levy is still in a muscle suit, the villains are who cares characters, the VFX look dime a dozen, And in my opinion this take on Captain Marvel where his immature kid personality is extremely at the forefront even when he's in his Captain Marvel form just doesn't work. Especially as Levy gets older his attempts to come across as young and youthful get more and more cringy. Dude looks normal when he is in his regular life with his regular colored hair and like a beard. But the jet black Captain Marvel hair and smooth face and probably heavy layers of makeup to make him seem younger are not resulting in an impressive visual.

And all that not so goodness is wrapped up in a big fat bow with the sticker on it that says "for the bin courtesy of James Gunn".

Let's be real if there was going to be another Shazam movie it would have to be because this one made like seven or eight hundred million dollars worldwide. And it would be at least 4 years before that materialized. Levy would be 46 doing his big kid routine. That works if you've got a level of talent like Robin Williams but not many people do. It's not a slight again Zachary Levy. It's just that ability is very rare and can't be taught.

Mighty Member

A New Animated DCTV Character Will Appear in a Live-Action Film

DC Studios writer Tom King shares that a character from the upcoming animated series Creature Commandos will appear in a live-action DCU film.

Maybe we'll see Phosphorous in the Brave and the Bold?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    What do I expect from this movie? I dont know not that much. I did like the first one. I did not think it was that awful.
    Lol. Why are some people on here acting as if the first movie was some despised, hated entry?? I'm not saying that's necessarily what YOU think, but for some reason, people on this forum are forgetting that Shazam 1 got an RT score over 90% and an audience score over 80%.

The curse of Shazam continues.

Director David F. Sandberg has COVID and won’t be able to make the premiere.

I hope he has a speedy recovery. Just got over it myself.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I think it's all of the above. But I have seen if advertised A LOT. The trailer was also attached to Avatar 2 and was extremely bad so a lot of people's first impression of the movie was that horrendous original trailer. Now Ant-Man 3's trailer was equally atrocious but I think that was buoyed the opening weekend thanks to Jonathan Majors/Kang.

Plus Levy is still in a muscle suit, the villains are who cares characters, the VFX look dime a dozen, And in my opinion this take on Captain Marvel where his immature kid personality is extremely at the forefront even when he's in his Captain Marvel form just doesn't work. Especially as Levy gets older his attempts to come across as young and youthful get more and more cringy. Dude looks normal when he is in his regular life with his regular colored hair and like a beard. But the jet black Captain Marvel hair and smooth face and probably heavy layers of makeup to make him seem younger are not resulting in an impressive visual.

And all that not so goodness is wrapped up in a big fat bow with the sticker on it that says "for the bin courtesy of James Gunn".

Let's be real if there was going to be another Shazam movie it would have to be because this one made like seven or eight hundred million dollars worldwide. And it would be at least 4 years before that materialized. Levy would be 46 doing his big kid routine. That works if you've got a level of talent like Robin Williams but not many people do. It's not a slight again Zachary Levy. It's just that ability is very rare and can't be taught.
    Why? It makes Shazam unique instead of generic super hero #1000.

I just don't understand why people want their super hero's to be boring af. I mean it's Man of Steel's 10th year anniversary is this year the film still gets routinely talked about meanwhile I can't even remember what marvel film released that year... Why people want safe forgettable cbm is beyond me
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

I think his problem is more with Levi not being able to pull it off and not with Shazam acting as a kid.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post

I just don't understand why people want their super hero's to be boring af. I mean it's Man of Steel's 10th year anniversary is this year the film still gets routinely talked about meanwhile I can't even remember what marvel film released that year... Why people want safe forgettable cbm is beyond me
    I dont think the modern version of Captain Marvel/Shazam being an overly goofy idiot (especially when his actual kid self acts nothing like that) is especially interesting. Not wanting the character to be overly childish isn't wanting the character to be boring. And I don't even dislike Man of Steel, but that version of Clark was pretty wooden and lacking in personality, so I'm not sure that example works.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

There's a potential for subtlety in handling the child/adult dynamic that's lost in Levi's performance. As mentioned, he's way more childish than the actual child Billy. It's over the top. There's a way to play child-like ignorance and naivete for laughs and story fuel that doesn't involve the protagonist acting like a cringey 8 year old on too much sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post

Yeah, but about half of that MOS talk isn't good. Also, 2013 wasn't a good year for Marvel with Iron Man 3, Thor the Dark World, & The Wolverine. But it was sandwiched between 2 good years 2012 with Avengers and 2014 which was one of Marvel's best with GOTG, Winter Soldier, Days of Future Past, and Big Hero 6 and one hoy mess in Amazing Spider-Man 2. Personally, I loved Shazam but for me the issue with the portrayal wasn't Shazam acting like a kid it was he seemed almost more adult when he was actually a kid. It was weird him being more immature as an "adult" vs when he was Billy.

I thought Levi was fine in the first film I just didn't care for how incompetent or incapable Billy was for the most of the movie (and of course the Wisdom of Solomon never matters).

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Yeah, but about half of that MOS talk isn't good. Also, 2013 wasn't a good year for Marvel with Iron Man 3, Thor the Dark World, & The Wolverine. But it was sandwiched between 2 good years 2012 with Avengers and 2014 which was one of Marvel's best with GOTG, Winter Soldier, Days of Future Past, and Big Hero 6 and one hoy mess in Amazing Spider-Man 2. Personally, I loved Shazam but for me the issue with the portrayal wasn't Shazam acting like a kid it was he seemed almost more adult when he was actually a kid. It was weird him being more immature as an "adult" vs when he was Billy.
    I think an issue there was that the movie has Billy as an angsty teen, when the main appeal of Shazam is that he’s a childhood fantasy come true. Little kids pretend to be superheroes, but what if you can say a magic word and really become a Superman-like hero with all these amazing powers. So I think they should have cast a younger actor.

Golden Age Billy Batson was 10 years old when he got to be Captain Marvel. Though in the original Fawcett Comics Billy and Cap Marvel were two separate people/personalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I think an issue there was that the movie has Billy as an angsty teen, when the main appeal of Shazam is that he’s a childhood fantasy come true. Little kids pretend to be superheroes, but what if you can say a magic word and really become a Superman-like hero with all these amazing powers. So I think they should have cast a younger actor.

Golden Age Billy Batson was 10 years old when he got to be Captain Marvel. Though in the original Fawcett Comics Billy and Cap Marvel were two separate people/personalities.
    Well, it was based on a Geoff Johns reboot...

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/statu...89232165728259

This shit is never going to end, right?