Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DCU Movies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm more into the new faces at DC so have at it.

Ah is this the new thread? James Gunn shares the Kingdom Come Art again on Twitter:
    Making plans.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Posted this in the Cartoon thread, moving here, thanks to the OP for starting up a new thread!

So I was watching Justice League the other day, I was scrolling through and saw it was on TNT and wanted to see the last half hour.
    I pretty much came in when Superman was resurrected and A few things struck a nerve, the biggest was how they wrote Batman. He made jokes. Batman doesn't make jokes nor does he try to one up someone like he did with Diana by mentioning Steve Trevor. And then how easily Superman took down Steppenwolf, though WW did hold her own there for a bit.
    Also, the two little kids that they showcased A LOT in the movie. One wearing a red hoodie and the other a blue one. I saw them and thought, Hawk and Dove. Though Hawk and Dove are not Russian but that is not a reason for them not to be H&D. I wonder if they had plans for those kids because they are shown a lot, or they were just the typical plot device of people/children in harms way.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I still don't see how they can do Kingdom Come. They barely have a universe established. They're making the same mistake Snyder made with DKR. You can't do stories about versions that have been around for decades when they've barely been around a decade.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I still don't see how they can do Kingdom Come. They barely have a universe established. They're making the same mistake Snyder made with DKR. You can't do stories about versions that have been around for decades when they've barely been around a decade.
    Maybe it's something they are working towards. With Affleck being an Older Batman and who knows what happens in Flash, it is totally doable.

Why do people think this would be the next JL movie? It’s more likely the endgame story they’d be building towards which would wrap up Cavill, Gadot, Momoa, etc time as the leads and pave the way for a new generation to take over. They’re mapping out a 10 year plan, this is likely what the final movie in that 10 year slate would be.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

You can't do stories about versions that have been around for decades when they've barely been around a decade.
    I don't see why not. Novelists, filmmakers, and other storytellers have always given us characters with long backstories in standalone books/movies/what have you; in fact, that's the way it normally works. A skilled storyteller should be able to give us backstory and context efficiently and move on from there. Akira Kurosawa didn't make a separate movie about each samurai before he made Seven Samurai.

Setup isn't the problem as these films and tv shows are very loose. They are their own comic run than an adaptation.

I didn't watch TDKR, I watched the next arc in Zack Snyder's run. Civil War and Age of Ultron had very little to do with their comic stories.

Even if James Gunn adapted it, it would be very different from the actual story.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-02-2022 at 11:22 AM.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

I think it would be easier because it could give the writer more leeway if you think about it
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Gunn later liked this on Twitter.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Gunn later liked this on Twitter.

I really hope not and if they make a Kingdom Come animated PLEASE use the Alex Ross art & bring it to the Theatres first, it will bring crowds back to theatres
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    I really hope not and if they make a Kingdom Come animated PLEASE use the Alex Ross art & bring it to the Theatres first, it will bring crowds back to theatres
    I dont know if DC Studios is that smart yet

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    I think it's less actually doing Kingdom Come and more exploring it's themes with Superman probably disagreeing with the Authority and how they operate.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Personally think this would be an exceptional Animated Movie with Alex Ross & CGI hands down!! Plus I would love to see a TEAM 7 movie along with a SEVEN SOLDIERS movie.

Just saying.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse