Page 481 of 497 FirstFirst ... 381431471477478479480481482483484485491 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,215 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    True Kori and Dick were 20 somethings in the animated movies.
    Dick was 19 when he became Nightwing in the New Teen Titans book. I doubt we'll see characters much younger than that. Cyborg was in high school looking to get into college. Donna was in college in the book. And there is no way they will portray Starfire as an actual teen. Beast Boy was the only one who really was young on that book.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    And there is no way they will portray Starfire as an actual teen.
    The animated series got lots of mileage playing Kory as the wide eyed alien waif warrior so I wouldn't dismiss the possibility of live action taking that route for the first time with the character.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The animated series got lots of mileage playing Kory as the wide eyed alien waif warrior so I wouldn't dismiss the possibility of live action taking that route for the first time with the character.

Cartoons have more leeway to do whatever they want, but I doubt this movie will be headlined by a bunch of fourteen-year-olds.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Cartoons have more leeway to do whatever they want, but I doubt this movie will be headlined by a bunch of fourteen-year-olds.
    16-20 year olds playing 15-18 year olds seems like a good idea for most of them for a starting film in what they should be shooting for at least lasting a decade worth of character use.

16-20 year olds playing 15-18 year olds seems like a good idea for most of them for a starting film in what they should be shooting for at least lasting a decade worth of character use.
    Well, Iman Vellani is 21 playing a teen, so it might be. And Hailee steinfeld is 27.
    But i think it will be a mix between this cases.

I question whether they might be jumping the gun going straight to the Titans but they are one of the more consistent popular/recognizable DC properties.

I can't help but think this is just going to be a live-action version of the DCAMU Titans.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I question whether they might be jumping the gun going straight to the Titans but they are one of the more consistent popular/recognizable DC properties.

I can't help but think this is just going to be a live-action version of the DCAMU Titans.
    They clearly still havent learned anything from MCU. We arent growing with this universe. We're just being thrown in with it and the audiences are expected to fill in all the blanks.

2 or 3!

The first is boring every single time, and the 4th is overused

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They clearly still havent learned anything from MCU. We arent growing with this universe. We're just being thrown in with it and the audiences are expected to fill in all the blanks.
    Honestly that’s a good thing. DCEU failed because it was reacting to MCU and not building. This time Gunn is setting up an established universe and we’re just following along. As long as the story is good, I don’t care. Also I’m sick of origins!
    Last edited by El_Gato; 03-16-2024 at 09:39 PM.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    2 or 3!

Honestly that’s a good thing. DCEU failed because it was reacting to MCU and not building. This time Gunn is setting up an established universe and we’re just following along. As long as the story is good, I don’t care. Also I’m sick of origins!
    .....DCEU wasn't very different. Batman was already established. As was Flash for the most part. We know GLs already existed.

Majority of DC characters have never seen the big screen or small except maybe once. It makes sense to tell their origins.

2 or 3!

The fourth has never been used outside of the animated shows and the first hasn't actually been done outside the comics anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The fourth has never been used outside of the animated shows
    The live action show? Lol. Even Cyborg appeared in the first season to set up Doom Patrol.

Regarding the first, I just don't see Donna and Wally being included. Kara and Jaime may be their replacements.

The urge to go with #3 would be great but I hope the filmmakers save Damian for the sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    .....DCEU wasn't very different. Batman was already established. As was Flash for the most part. We know GLs already existed.

Majority of DC characters have never seen the big screen or small except maybe once. It makes sense to tell their origins.
    True but origin stories are just incredibly repetitive and it gets tiring watching the same type of film with a different character. Skip the origins and get straight to the story. You can reference the origin if you must but please no more origin films
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The live action show? Lol. Even Cyborg appeared in the first season to set up Doom Patrol.

Regarding the first, I just don't see Donna and Wally being included. Kara and Jaime may be their replacements.

The urge to go with #3 would be great but I hope the filmmakers save Damian for the sequel.
    Cyborg never appeared in the Titans live action show. The Doom Patrol did, but he was introduced in their show.

Twitter activists at it again lol they’re always champion race swaps over using actual POC characters. With that said however I have my view on who should play the main Titans
    The irony is these idiots always use the cartoons to claim that "generations of people" grew up with them and that was their first or only exposure to the characters, while deliberately ignoring that Starfire resembled a white girl there. They use adaptations only when it suits their argument.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-17-2024 at 05:52 AM.

True Kori and Dick were 20 somethings in the animated movies.

Yeah I like the idea of having a mix of older and younger members.