Page 482 of 497 FirstFirst ... 382432472478479480481482483484485486492 ... LastLast
Results 7,216 to 7,230 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Cyborg never appeared in the Titans live action show. The Doom Patrol did, but he was introduced in their show.
    It's been a while since I watched that show. I remember Beast Boy being a member of Doom Patrol in the first season so I misremembered Cyborg being a part of DP in that episode. Regardless, the point being the team on the animated shows sans Victor have headlined the live action show too.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Twitter activists at it again lol theyÂ’re always champion race swaps over using actual POC characters. With that said however I have my view on who should play the main Titans
    Well, you can't force people to like certain characters. Black fanbases have turned their attention to Starfire because Cyborg is not appealing enough and even DC let Christopher Priest print the following story in an official book

Regarding Raven and Azarath, the Indian influences were definitely strong at the beginning

Considering the animated TT show whitewashed an actual Indian character like Jinx, Twitter demanding an Indian Raven seems understandable.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 03-17-2024 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    It's been a while since I watched that show. I remember Beast Boy being a member of Doom Patrol in the first season so I misremembered Cyborg being a part of DP in that episode. Regardless, the point being the team on the animated shows sans Victor have headlined the live action show too.
    Kinda, but not really. In the first season they started with Robin, Raven, Starfire and Beast Boy, but not long after that they included Hawk, Dove, Wonder Girl, Superboy and Jason Todd to the team. The first four were part of the posters and marketing, tho.

Either way, it's probably going to be a version of the Wolfman line up or the 03 cartoon.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I wouldn’t be so sure, necessarily, especially since we know the Robin in the DCU will be Damian. I could see it being an amalgamation of different eras and runs rather than a specific adaptation of a single era.

I understand why many comic fans of NTT wouldn’t like him around in the least, but as a character Damian filled a much needed role on the Titans that Dick and no other Robin managed.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    I understand why many comic fans of NTT wouldn’t like him around in the least, but as a character Damian filled a much needed role on the Titans that Dick and no other Robin managed.
    Which was?

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

I thought Damian story with Titans was too much problematic, to be honest. And he's never actually been close to them despite him being a team leader for a while, especially comparing to Jon, Connor, Rose and Maya.
    The only exception is DCAMU, because at very least his involvement with them didn't end up as a disaster (well, it did, but not because of him).

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Which was?
    The cynical ass.

It’s almost similar to the role Wolverine took on the X-Men, but not exactly the same.
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-17-2024 at 08:53 AM.

I personally can see Damian working on a Titans team alongside Dick. It would also give them the opportunity to showcase their relationship, which is not only one of the strongest bonds in the Batfamily, but also an integral part of Damian's character development. Dick understood and empathized with Damian, which is something that was hard for Bruce to do, due to his emotional aloofness. People only remember the bad writing Damian got during his time with the Titans, but that wasn't really his fault.

I'm also personally against the usual NTT lineup because I'm getting sick of it. I would prefer it if Gunn uses different eras and runs. The Titans have a large cast of characters, but only a handful of them ever got to shine.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Interesting news. Thinking of Zoe Saldana as Gamora, perhaps James Gunn will finally give us orange-skinned Starfire in live action. And green beast boy.
    If Starfire is in a teen titan title , she shouldn't be as old as Saldana. My choice would be Sydney Park if she were to play her without the paint(green contact lenses would be alien enough). Definitely Saldana being green means an orange skinned Starfire is easy to translate to film
    Last edited by Rev9; 03-17-2024 at 09:22 AM.

I don't see Kara being on the Titans, I feel like she's too powerful and too big to be in the group, especially when they already have Starfire.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    I personally can see Damian working on a Titans team alongside Dick. It would also give them the opportunity to showcase their relationship, which is not only one of the strongest bonds in the Batfamily, but also an integral part of Damian's character development. Dick understood and empathized with Damian, which is something that was hard for Bruce to do, due to his emotional aloofness. People only remember the bad writing Damian got during his time with the Titans, but that wasn't really his fault.

I'm also personally against the usual NTT lineup because I'm getting sick of it. I would prefer it if Gunn uses different eras and runs. The Titans have a large cast of characters, but only a handful of them ever got to shine.
    The animated movies sold Dick and Damian’s relationship pretty well I felt. The comics have been much more hit or miss there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't see Kara being on the Titans, I feel like she's too powerful and too big to be in the group, especially when they already have Starfire.
    Her and Donna would be pretty much equal power wise, and Kara being “bigger” might be the exact reason she would join the team, to boost interest. But I’d rather have her on the Legion and use Kon for the Titans if they want a Super.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Her and Donna would be pretty much equal power wise, and Kara being “bigger” might be the exact reason she would join the team, to boost interest. But I’d rather have her on the Legion and use Kon for the Titans if they want a Super.
    Yeah, but Kara has more than just super-strength she's basically Donna and Kory in one hero.

The animated movies sold Dick and Damian’s relationship pretty well I felt. The comics have been much more hit or miss there.

Nah, the comics are pretty consistent with them. Even when Damian is on his mood changes, he doesn't really messes with Dick cause they really like each other.

Also, this is the only moment in this animated universe that Damian actually shows affection for Nightwing that i can recall.