Page 472 of 498 FirstFirst ... 372422462468469470471472473474475476482 ... LastLast
Results 7,066 to 7,080 of 7462

Thread: DCU Movies

Hopefully that’s merely her beginning look and she transitions to the chrome look as a result of her battle with Superman. Or maybe the theories that Brainiac “upgrades” her are true.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Lol, so we got our first look at The Engineer earlier, than at Superman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe Gunn felt really confident in Muschietti or think he could do a decent job on the timetable they're working on.
    I can think of three reasons: Muschietti is a company man, who got The Flash through a literal development hell without storming out and causing more problems (regime changes, Covid, the whole Ezra disaster), Gunn probably likes the emotional aspect of the movie and Batman stuff is the least criticized part, since both Keaton and Affleck were praised as best parts of that movie.
    Still, doesn't change the fact The Flash was a huge box office bomb and despite some people attempt to argue with that, most people really hated it. So, I really don't get why they can't just find someone else. Unless there are not many directors willing to take this job.

To me it always looked like WB/Gunn trying to project confidence in Flash and the director. Like, their whole marketing push was about how The Flash is best comic book movie ever so how the hell you are not going to hire the same director for your next big movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hopefully that’s merely her beginning look and she transitions to the chrome look as a result of her battle with Superman. Or maybe the theories that Brainiac “upgrades” her are true.
    I think a lot of it might be stuff they touch up FX-wise in post.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

They already released a statement on why Muschietti was chosen as director for BatB:

“We saw ‘The Flash’; even before taking the reins at DC Studios, and knew we were in the hands of not only a visionary director but a massive DC fan,” Gunn and Safran told Variety of Muschietti. “It’s a magnificent film – funny, emotional, thrilling – and Andy’s affinity and passion for these characters and this world just resonates through every frame. So, when it came time to find a director for ‘The Brave and the Bold,’ there was really only one choice. Luckily, Andy said yes. Barbara signed on to produce with us and we were on our way. They’re an extraordinary team, and we couldn’t have better or more inspiring partners as we embark on this thrilling new adventure in the DCU.”
    https://variety.com/2023/film/news/b...sh-1235646262/

Christina Hodson was meant to write BatB but she dropped from the project to work to the next Fast & Furious:

It is unclear if the project has a writer. According to sources, Christina Hodson, who wrote Muschietti’s Flash, was circling but decamped to work on a Fast and Furious movie.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...or-1235331062/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-15-2024 at 12:04 PM.

Well, if Wonder Woman fans were bummed out before...

Also, Lobdell's RHatO??!

I don't know, everyone has his guilty pleasures. Including stuff like Red Hood and Suicide Squad just makes him look like a normal human being.

Aside from the origin of the Amazons, I didn't mind Azzarello and Chiang's Wonder Woman.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Well, if Wonder Woman fans were bummed out before...

Also, Lobdell's RHatO??!
    This honestly seems like some intern just googled "Best DC New 52 runs" and came across the list of most talked about runs from that era.

I highly doubt James Gunn, who had already directed 2 movies and written many more at that time, was reading up lots of New 52 comics in early 2010s. People really overestimate how much of a "comic book fan" Gunn is. I am sure he read a few comics in his childhood and must have read a bit to research for GotG/TSS.

But to think a big time Hollywood director/producer is just spending his free time reading comic books for leisure is ridiculous, and only comic book fans can believe that their niche hobby is so mainstream. There is a reason why whenever Gunn talks about his favorite comics, its always something which comes up with 2 seconds of googling. Because that's what he is doing.

I am getting déjà vu from Snyder claiming to be a comic book fan when all he did was look at pictures form Watchmen and TDKR and get excited over seeing grittiness, violence and sex in his comics. Or remember when Dwayne Johnson said he loved all the Black Adam comics books from the 1970s and 1980s.

And I am not singling out Snyder or Gunn. Any celebrity who claims to be a big time superhero fan, they are either just lying for promotion or to appear relatable, or their only exposure to the character is watching the movie or cartoon as a kid and vaguely remembering it.
    Last edited by Laser_Man; 03-15-2024 at 01:08 PM.

No "Best DC New 52 run" list includes Red Hood and the Outlaws and Suicide Squad.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Aside from the origin of the Amazons, I didn't mind Azzarello and Chiang's Wonder Woman.
    Chiang's artistry in that was especially stellar. Probably my favorite overall designs for the Gods.

If there is influence to be taken from Azzarello's run, hopefully it includes the visuals.

My heart skipped a beat because I'm thrilled but also terrified.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

For a moment I read "'Teen Titans Go' Live Action Movie" and I wondered how that would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    That’s how I feel about it. I know the stuff with the Amazons was unforgivable to many but I think the rest of the run was very good despite that dumb addition to the mythology.