Page 265 of 497 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Looking back Rock hitting almost 400 million with Black Adam starts to look impressive.
    Biggest DCEU's success since Aquaman in 2018. Very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    At this point they need to mentally prepare themselves for the fact that Legacy, even if it gets raving reviews, is not going to do huge numbers. The DC brand is just too damaged. Ideally they would budget Legacy so it could make something in the ballpark of what MoS made and have that actually be a success this time. I think the ceiling for Legacy is $700 million at the absolute max, they need to be content with that. But a good Superman movie could then get a sequel that does make $1 billion.
    Is Legacy going to come out right after a Spider Man/Marvel film like Flash did? Maybe it does have a chance if there is no competition.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I seriously want a disgruntled WBD employee to just say “fuck it” and leak the whole Batgirl movie.
    Lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    BvS had good test audience reactions too btw.
    Huh no. It didn't.

Astonishing Member

I think the worst part about this is that we won't see The Flash in the movies anytime soon, at least before (and if) Gunn makes the new Justice League movie. And the same thing is happening to Aquaman, since, well, we know that sequel probably won't do well. And apparently the same thing goes for Wonder Woman as well.
    So, at this point it's just Superman and Batman/Bat-Family + The Authority (who could even imagine, lol), Supergirl and Swamp Thing. And also there are TV-shows.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Huh no. It didn't.
    There were multiple sources that claimed before release of BvS like this one (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/batma...e_article_view) that claimed an early cut got a "standing ovation" from audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    So, at this point it's just Superman and Batman/Bat-Family + The Authority (who could even imagine, lol), Supergirl and Swamp Thing. And also there are TV-shows.
    Yes please, less movies but higher quality. And then slowly win the audience's hearts that way.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    There were multiple sources that claimed before release of BvS like this one (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/batma...e_article_view) that claimed an early cut got a "standing ovation" from audiences.
    It's an inaccurate report. The standing ovation happened at an internal screening at WB:

The sudden (but really, unsurprising) pivot came after an early cut of Batman V. Superman: Dawn Of Justice was shown to a small group of Warner Bros. executives. The big wigs were reportedly so impressed with the film, that they gave it a standing ovation.

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/ba...ffleck-gettin/
    Internal screenings are for people that work at WB and have to watch the movie sitting side by side with who made it. All these type of screenings end with applause or standing ovations out of respect.

the cgi on the flash movie looks no better than the cw show tbh. They seriously released a movie that "looks bad on purpose" right after spiderverse? Yeah Gunn has his work cut out for him cuz dc's brand is just dead at this point.

Extraordinary Member

"One of the greatest superhero movies ever." LOL. Keep your head up James Gunn . You're doin great kid lool.

I went today to the noon matinee. Tickets are $7 and the theater isn’t full. I honestly haven’t seen a movie in the evening since Superman II!! I’ve recently gotten used to smaller audiences. Guardians didn’t have many. Shazam had a total of maybe 8 people. Today, there were only 2 other people watching Flash with me. Yikes!!

I enjoyed it! The story was a convoluted in spots but I followed it. I enjoyed seeing Keaton and most of the acting was solid. I liked Supergirl ! The CGI for the multiverse scenes wasn’t great but the main action was good. I give it an 8 out of 10. It was fun & hit enough emotional notes for me.

Whatever they do next, they need to tell a good story without thinking they’ll be able to build on it with later movies. Treat each movie as the one opportunity to present these characters. I doubt I’ll go see Blue Beetle since the character was never a favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Depends on what movie theater you have in your area.

AMC is doing DC no favors at least in my city.

Flash at most have only 4 showings while Spiderverse has 12 showings at theaters.
    As of right now Spiderverse will be gone on Friday at AMC and Flash is only showing at about 4 AMC theaters. None of those locations are in malls.

Cinemark-Spiderverse slaughtered everyone with about 1000 tickets so far sold. Transformers and Elementals are 600 each. Flash??? 300.
    As of right now Flash loses 3 theaters starting Thursday but still keeps about 4-8 showings in the remaining theaters.

If you got AMC-you might want to go opening night.

And another big baddie for Blue Beetle is guess who is heading back to school the week the movie comes out?
    Almost all the public schools here start August 15th. Charters start the first of August. That is just Texas and most of the country.

Next Holiday isn't till Labor Day. So DC did the movie no favors with that release date.
    The main thing Blue Beetle has going for it is that its star is well liked and there won’t be countless media stories in the film’s lead up about Xolo committing a litany of crimes. He’s a charming kid and an up and coming actor. Cobra Kai was the fourth most-watched original streaming series of 2022, so he could help being in some of that fanbase.

Though with the public’s current hatred for all things DC, I don’t think it stands much of a chance. It’s an origin story which is something the movie going public has seen countless times, Blue Beetle is basically an unknown character, and then because America is America the cast of Latino actors could be a deterrent because of good old fashioned racism.

Thought Flash was entertaining. Lots of questionable story choices though. I don’t think the Keaton nostalgia factor is as strong as they hoped. We have a free concert that takes place in my town. Every year, they had a lot of old school acts. People from the 70’s & 80’s. The crowds were dwindling. Finally, a younger person was put in charge of booking acts and old school became early late 90’s - 2000’s. Plenty of Hip hop acts instead of R & B groups & 80’s rockers. Attendance jumped dramatically with the venue being absolutely packed.

My point is Keaton is a bit too old school. This would’ve work in 2010 or so. It’s just too late to bring him back. A friend of mine joked that the new Flash has the “boomer” Batman in it. Not a smart choice for a film in 2023. Bale would’ve meant more if they had to play the nostalgia card.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Biggest DCEU's success since Aquaman in 2018. Very impressive.

Is Legacy going to come out right after a Spider Man/Marvel film like Flash did? Maybe it does have a chance if there is no competition.

Lmao.

Huh no. It didn't.
    Sony has reserved a June 2025 slot for a Spider-Man movie. But with the WGA strike putting the script on hold I am expecting that to get pushed back further. I dunno if Legacy coming out after a good Spider-Man movie would help or hurt it. But there’s nothing in July at least.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Almost a half decade later and still then remnants of Snyder's universe and his hand picked actors aren't working for them. I really don't want DC to fail, but WB makes it very hard to root for their movies to succeed.

The Flash just bombed hard! Looking at a 275-300M finish! That’s terrible! I wonder if WB will give Flash (and Shazam) the same treatment Green Lantern has been getting for the past 12 years haha
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stick Figure View Post
    Thought Flash was entertaining. Lots of questionable story choices though. I don’t think the Keaton nostalgia factor is as strong as they hoped. We have a free concert that takes place in my town. Every year, they had a lot of old school acts. People from the 70’s & 80’s. The crowds were dwindling. Finally, a younger person was put in charge of booking acts and old school became early late 90’s - 2000’s. Plenty of Hip hop acts instead of R & B groups & 80’s rockers. Attendance jumped dramatically with the venue being absolutely packed.

My point is Keaton is a bit too old school. This would’ve work in 2010 or so. It’s just too late to bring him back. A friend of mine joked that the new Flash has the “boomer” Batman in it. Not a smart choice for a film in 2023. Bale would’ve meant more if they had to play the nostalgia card.
    I think in normal circumstances Keaton would have been a draw. But his return got drowned out by

1. His other return in Batgirl getting cancelled
    2. Ezra going off the deep end overshadowing everything else about the film
    3. The knowledge that a reboot was wiping everything out
    4. The hype of this supposedly being one of the greatest superhero movies ever and then reviews making that seem like a joke
    5. DC in general just having a string of dissapointments.

Take all that away, and at face value nostalgia for Keaton could matter. But it wasn't enough to overcome everything else.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    The Flash just bombed hard! Looking at a 275-300M finish! That’s terrible! I wonder if WB will give Flash (and Shazam) the same treatment Green Lantern has been getting for the past 12 years haha
    Entirely depends on how Gunn's reboot goes. Green Lantern's issue was partially because of the 2011 film, but also because DC just had so many setbacks they were never willing to roll the dice on that IP. If MoS, BvS and JL were all universally beloved and box office hits, then I have no doubt they would have just put Green Lantern on the docket soon. But because they weren't, they were risk averse and wanted to try things like Suicide Squad, Shazam, and Birds of Prey instead.

If Gunn's new verse gets momentum and is well received, then Flash and Green Lantern are obvious no brainers to come in sooner rather than later. But it's going to take getting the plane off the ground first.