Default I Go By Crush, 'Cuz That's What I Do: Crush Appreciation 2024

Crush Appreciation Thread 2024

- Daughter of Lobo
    - Former Teen Titan
    - Self Proclaimed 'Best Girlfriend Ever'

Whatever you want to call her, you'll always know her when you see her, understand her when you greet her, and remember her when she leaves.

This is an appreciation thread for Crush, and all that it entails.

it's an amusing character concept

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    it's an amusing character concept
    Indeed!! Always love the artwork for her in most every comic she appears in.

The time Crush suggested Lobo go as a 'badass Hugh Jackman played in the movies' for a costume party... and Lobo thought she meant..

This is even more hilarious being that Jason Mamoa is likely going to be playing Lobo going forward in the live action movies.
    Last edited by Majesty; 04-29-2024 at 05:17 AM.

Hah nice little wink to the Momoa rumors.

it may blow Crush’s mind to find out that Lobo actually fought the real version and was apparently paid to throw the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Hah nice little wink to the Momoa rumors.

it may blow Crush’s mind to find out that Lobo actually fought the real version and was apparently paid to throw the fight.
    Indeed!! I also appreciate seeing Lobo trying to be something to Crush as her father. The introduction where he was just trying to kill her never really felt right. So it's always interesting to see them interacting and their complicated relationship in Lobo's own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Indeed!! I also appreciate seeing Lobo trying to be something to Crush as her father. The introduction where he was just trying to kill her never really felt right. So it's always interesting to see them interacting and their complicated relationship in Lobo's own way.
    Yeah that story was just kinda weird. I mean, Lobo is a mean bastard but there’s usually some comedy/wackiness involved in his murder and mayhem. He just came off as an abusive ******* when he met Crush.

The whole thing was just poorly written.

I can’t imagine DC editorial would allow that type of story now since they seem to be trying to build him up again. possibly because Gunn has plans for the character (*ahem* Momoa).

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Well, OG Lobo has the most edgelord chaotic evil origin imaginable.... He's the last Czarnian because he killed them all. So in that regard it made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Yeah that story was just kinda weird. I mean, Lobo is a mean bastard but there’s usually some comedy/wackiness involved in his murder and mayhem. He just came off as an abusive ******* when he met Crush.

The whole thing was just poorly written.

I can’t imagine DC editorial would allow that type of story now since they seem to be trying to build him up again. possibly because Gunn has plans for the character (*ahem* Momoa).
    I would like to see them introduce both Lobo and Crush in the same movie tbh. Or introduce Crush to us, and show things from her perspective with Mamoa playing her father Lobo and them going on one of those hilarious intergalactic buddy cop stories but as bounty hunter father and daughter. It could either be bonding time, or her just being tasked with capturing him, like the Crush & Lobo comic. Or both And if they made it R-Rated it could have tons of over the top intergalactic violence as well :3 Though they could probably get away with it at PG-13 as well tbh. But either one could work.

I actually think that kind of movie could be both funny, and fun as well as an introduction to Crush in movie form, and it seems the kind of comedy action story that Gunn would thrive in tbh. Heck... they already have the title and poster ideas :3

Last edited by Majesty; 04-30-2024 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, OG Lobo has the most edgelord chaotic evil origin imaginable.... He's the last Czarnian because he killed them all. So in that regard it made sense.
    In that sense yeah, he'd just been different to that point. But I am glad he's portrayed the way he is now.