Page 303 of 498 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313353403 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 7457

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Initial word is that the strike will not be over soon and could go well into fall and winter. Which would mean Momoa will not be able to promote Aquaman 2.
    It's looking more and more like that end credits scene of The Flash where Aquaman flops face first into a puddle is gonna be prophetic

What about the reshoots taking place?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    What about the reshoots taking place?
    Halted until further notice

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Anyone else thinking Legacy's story could cover several years of Superman's life?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by comicstar100 View Post
    Anyone else thinking Legacy's story could cover several years of Superman's life?
    Nope i think we will start pesent time and work from there.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Halted until further notice
    So , most probably the movie would have to be delayed or they would use a previous cut without reshoots?

Well SAG-AFTRA is officially on strike. That means the Blue Beetle actors will no longer be able to go out and promote the movie. Which was something the film desperately needed as WB has once again done a terrible job of promoting a project.

Initial word is that the strike will not be over soon and could go well into fall and winter. Which would mean Momoa will not be able to promote Aquaman 2.
    Those companies would rather see people starve on the streets than pay them fair wages. The Disney CEO seriously went on record to say the writers and actors are not being "realistic", while he pays himself $25 million a year and deplatforms his company's shows and movies to stop paying residuals. Good luck trying to get anything done with over 12,000 writers and 160,000 actors on strike. Hopefully now they will be forced to listen.

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    Those companies would rather see people starve on the streets than pay them fair wages. The Disney CEO seriously went on record to say the writers and actors are not being "realistic", while he pays himself $25 million a year and deplatforms his company's shows and movies to stop paying residuals. Good luck trying to get anything done with over 12,000 writers and 160,000 actors on strike. Hopefully now they will be forced to listen.
    While I wish I had your optimism, I think this will only speed up the process by which Hollywood replaces human writers and actors with AI. There's no combating greed anymore I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    While I wish I had your optimism, I think this will only speed up the process by which Hollywood replaces human writers and actors with AI. There's no combating greed anymore I'm afraid.
    So DCU will be screwed then yikes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ayanestar View Post
    That was Eisner, who I remind everyone is a guy who was famously supposed to be hugely popular with the actors and writers. Wonder how they're feeling now?

So, looks like hollywood filmed a bunch of interviews and other promotions with actors from upcoming films to use during the strike to promote upcoming films. Guess that includes blue beetle and aquaman 2 stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    The studios were proposing some insane f’d up stuff.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movi...234788191/amp/

“The studio’s A.I. proposal to SAG-AFTRA included scanning a background actor’s likeness for one day’s worth of pay and using their likeness forever in any form without any pay or consent.”

The studios were proposing some insane f’d up stuff.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movi...234788191/amp/

“The studio’s A.I. proposal to SAG-AFTRA included scanning a background actor’s likeness for one day’s worth of pay and using their likeness forever in any form without any pay or consent.”
    Wasn't this literally the plot of a recent Black Mirror episode lmao

Welp. Corporate greed will always go as far as Capitalism allows it to go. And it's give it a very long leash indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    So DCU will be screwed then yikes.
    Not necessarily - I mean, considering how poorly DC's done so far, AI might actually make a better DCU than the people WB has hired so far.

Of course I'm kind of skeptical of Gunn. Love his movies, but they're very much a certain sensibility I do not want to see applied to DC at large.