Page 473 of 497 FirstFirst ... 373423463469470471472473474475476477483 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 7454

Thread: DCU Movies

Cool. Synergy should mean that DC won’t abandon the Titans push now.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yay, "Wonder Woman needs a rapist for a father" fans get a win.

Astonishing Member

I wonder what line-up we're getting.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Maybe Supergirl is meant to be in the team given the screenwriter.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

If TBATB indeed is pushed back, maybe Titans are some sort of replacement, so Gunn can introduce Damian and Dick without pushing another Batman movie too close to Reeves?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    No "Best DC New 52 run" list includes Red Hood and the Outlaws and Suicide Squad.
    But these are the type of edgy, team based books that I am sure some intern thought fit Gunn's brand. Red Hood and Suicide Squad are rather popular on the internet.

I don't know how the marketing team arrived at these titles to promote, but anyone believing that Gunn has read these comic books is only deluding themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Maybe Supergirl is meant to be in the team given the screenwriter.
    Possible, but if he liked the script for Supergirl, no reason not to have her write more scripts. He was going to have Hodson wrote TBATB , doesn’t mean Flash was going to cameo in it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Possible, but if he liked the script for Supergirl, no reason not to have her write more scripts.
    She is fast too.

He was going to have Hodson wrote TBATB , doesn’t mean Flash was going to cameo in it.
    Not the best example. Hodson was involved with Batman adjacent stuff. The Flash had 2 Batmen, she wrote also BoP, Batgirl and pitched Batman Beyond. I wouldn't be surprised if her main contribution to the planning of the "10 year slate/storyline" was the Batman side of it.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 03-15-2024 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    But these are the type of edgy, team based books that I am sure some intern thought fit Gunn's brand. Red Hood and Suicide Squad are rather popular on the internet.

I don't know how the marketing team arrived at these titles to promote, but anyone believing that Gunn has read these comic books is only deluding themselves.
    LMAO why would Gunn let an intern make up his tastes and post it on his personal account?

Anyways, if Gunn really liked Red Hood and the Outlaws then we have cause for concern on how Starfire will be depicted in this TT film. Hopefully a woman director or someone better at handling female characters gets the gig, with Gunn strictly in a consultation/overseeing role.

Astonishing Member

It's strange, that he didn't mention Tomasi's Batman and Robin in that message, considering, that TBATB sounds more like his run, than Morrison's.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    I wonder what line-up we're getting.
    Donna and Wally won't be introduced before Diana and Barry so I'm guessing they are out. It has to be some combination of Dick, Damian, Kori, Raven, Beast Boy, Cyborg, Blue Beetle and Kara.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post

I know James Gunn is your boogeyman, but you act like reading a comic book takes a lot of effort. All he has to do is read one on his iPad or whatever when he's on a plane. It's not that deep. Even if he didn't read all of those runs, just the fact that he is talking about it is good for the industry.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Donna and Wally won't be introduced before Diana and Barry so I'm guessing they are out. It has to be some combination of Dick, Damian, Kori, Raven, Beast Boy, Cyborg, Blue Beetle and Kara.
    Sounds like DCAMU.

Ignore Laser_Man guys he’s totally delusional and thinks Gunn fakes reading comics for clout. He’s totally oblivious that he’s the one who comes off as nuts.