Page 357 of 499 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407457 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 7475

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    What are you basing that on?
    Absolutely nothing but my bad luck - the one movie I was actually excited for is the one movie they canceled? Of course it was probably better than the other output DC's been putting out, no way does my luck ever work in the "whew, dodged a bullet there" mode.

Of course you're welcome to disagree or whatever, I wasn't making some fucking point to argue endlessly over, I was just bitching. Don't bother and try to make some serious argument when people are clearly just trying to moan and bitch.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    What are you basing that on?

All we know is that it was getting similar scores from test audiences as Black Adam, which isn’t good. It was set in Hamada’s post-Flash cluster earth (cluster f*^% earth). One of the leaks said the movie felt like “a very expensive CW pilot.” And WB execs thought it was going to “damage the brand”. Not high praise considering their already terrible track record.

i keep seeing people say it would have been the greatest DC movie in years. Maybe it would have been. We’ll never know. I'm just saying that there isn’t evidence to support that claim from the little we do know.
    What we do know...is that it wouldnt damage the DC brand no more than Black Adam, Shazam, and The Flash have lol

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    What we do know...is that it wouldnt damage the DC brand no more than Black Adam, Shazam, and The Flash have lol
    That’s true. The DC brand can’t get any lower at this point.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-14-2023 at 09:05 AM.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

End of the DCEU, looks decent though tbf. Interesting lack of Mera
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Getting huge thor dark world vibes with evil brother from last film jokingly teaming up with main hero brother to save kingdom.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 09-14-2023 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Looks pretty fun to me with plenty of action and cool moments .

I'm surprised Arthur Jr. isn't being raised in Atlantis but I guess it's safer up to with his grandparents. Not that it keeps them safe from Manta.

So they kept Orm outside water to imprison him?

I wonder if this will remind DC that Atlanna is actually alive in the comics.

Black Manta with the Big Bad status at last, complete with his own evil trident. And a hammerheard sub.

Oh hey, one scene with Mera .

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "I'm a husband and a father" but no scenes of the wife/baby momma until a blink and you miss it shot of her...what a mess

Basically they made it seem like all Mera was good for was giving Arrhur a kid and then being forgotten about

Can't say I'm particularly thrilled about the movie's setup. I'd have vastly preferred a team-up wiith one of the Aqualads. Or Dolphin to make it less of a sausage fest. But I guess DCEU is allergic to sidekicks.

Poor Mera. I'm more worried about how the whole Amber Heard thing may impact the comics, since Marvel and DC are so crazy about synergy.

Obviously the lack of Mera must be related to the Depp/Heard fiasco, though Wan and everyone else would deny it.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Poor Mera. I'm more worried about how the whole Amber Heard thing may impact the comics, since Marvel and DC are so crazy about synergy.
    Why would it harm Mera when Ezra didn't harm Barry?

Looks ok. The first one was just a dumb fun flick. Here’s hoping we at least get that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Getting huge thor dark world vibes with evil brother from last film jokingly teaming up with main hero brother to save kingdom.
    At this point in the superhero movie boom I think we’ve pretty much seen it all.

There was a lot of familiar tropes here.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-14-2023 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Why would it harm Mera when Ezra didn't harm Barry?
    Ezra didn't harm Barry???

Why one was still given a movie while the other was reduced was more a matter of FLASHPOINT being an umbrella movie (that was deep in production) for the direction the DCEU was headed and the actor being the marquee vs Mera being a supporting character who could be written around/diminished as part of the ensemble. So DC held their nose and crossed their fingers that the FLASH would still find an audience.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 09-14-2023 at 02:58 PM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Ezra didn't harm Barry???
    Yeah I was about to say, despite having a movie out DC kept Wally as the Flash and Barry has no book currently. And after the Flash movie flopped as bad as it did I think Barry is in the doghouse.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/