Page 485 of 498 FirstFirst ... 385435475481482483484485486487488489495 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,275 of 7457

Thread: DCU Movies

6D1E28DF-7DE5-46C1-ACF4-C25F5A7D78A5.jpg

It’s been teased that since Superman will be filming in Ohio in April we might get a suit reveal then. Maybe in May we get suit reveals for Mr. Terrific, Hawkgirl, and Guy Gardner?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'll be amazed if anyone on the production team even remembers what Raven originally dressed like.
    She still has the bindi on the forehead.In teen titans animated series she new sanskrit and was fluent in it.Trigon isn't anywhere close to indian.It's generic devil character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Erica Durance's Lois is in a league of her own.
    Here here.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 03-19-2024 at 05:16 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The opening of THE NEW BATMAN/SUPERMAN ADVENTURES captures (and contrasts) the essence of both characters but especially Superman (and Lois in a flash) better than any live action adaptations have in decades, if ever.
    Oh, yeah. The opening sequence is very cool.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

It’s been teased that since Superman will be filming in Ohio in April we might get a suit reveal then. Maybe in May we get suit reveals for Mr. Terrific, Hawkgirl, and Guy Gardner?
    Pre-production in the area will start in April but the actual filming in Ohio will take place in mid-June till late July.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    She still has the bindi on the forehead.In teen titans animated series she new sanskrit and was fluent in it.Trigon isn't anywhere close to indian.It's generic devil character.
    This is what the Indian God of Death looks like

Satan as in the Christian devil and demons in different religions ended up having horns via osmosis from various Pagan imagery. The name Trigon is also very similar to the Sanskrit term Trigun so wouldn't be surprised if that's where Perez got it from while doing research on Hinduism for Azarathi culture inspiration.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 03-19-2024 at 01:55 PM.

Incredible Member

If there was ever a reboot of SHAZAM!, I would want them to adapt THE ADVENTURES OF CAPTAIN MARVEL serial, but as a mini-series.

Incredible Member

I thought the "Indian God of Death" was Kali, who has been depicted as gray-skinned/blue in the DCU.

Incredible Member

Yama is an Indian God of Death as well. It seems there are many Hindu gods and goddesses of death.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    This is what the Indian God of Death looks like

Satan as in the Christian devil and demons in different religions ended up having horns via osmosis from various Pagan imagery. The name Trigon is also very similar to the Sanskrit term Trigun so wouldn't be surprised if that's where Perez got it from while doing research on Hinduism for Azarathi culture inspiration.
    I think Gunn will be careful when casting the roles. ( that doesn't mean he will direct the movie). Record of Ragnarok is an anime on Netflix. When the anime premiered on Netflix it caused controversy in India because both the manga and anime featured the Hindu god Lord Shiva. Indians ( and Indian-Americans) called the series "highly disturbing to them" as it trivializes the deity. To avoid further criticism, Netflix altered the trailer to remove Shiva, and later removed the anime itself from its streaming library in India. " In October 2020, Rajan Zed, the president of the Universal Society of Hinduism, made a statement addressed to Coamix, criticizing the depiction of Hindu deities in manga and urged the company "not to trivialize Lord Shiva and other highly revered Hindu gods and goddesses in its manga publications."

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    I thought the "Indian God of Death" was Kali, who has been depicted as gray-skinned/blue in the DCU.
    Hmmm got me wondering if Animated Raven's pale ash colored skin is a reference to that...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    Welll she's more nature.... in an aggressive way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Yama is an Indian God of Death as well. It seems there are many Hindu gods and goddesses of death.
    It's not so much "god of death" as several of them involve killing people or things.... along with other stuff.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    It would be cool to see live-action Deadman .

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Firestorm confirmed!

It took me a moment to figure out the mermaid emoji but I guess it’s a reference to Peacemaker since that was something Vigilante used when texting.