Page 475 of 498 FirstFirst ... 375425465471472473474475476477478479485 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,125 of 7457

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I have a feeling that Donna/Cassie wont be part of TT and they will use the excuse "WW isnt out yet"
    Skipping Donna yet again on a big Titans project would be a real shame.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Skipping Donna yet again on a big Titans project would be a real shame.
    I still hated how they got rid of her on Titans, she was my favorite in that show
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

I could see them swapping Kara in for Donna, if they do want Kara on the team.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    I still hated how they got rid of her on Titans, she was my favorite in that show
    She was probably the best part of the show and they screw that badly.

But i was talking about the Teen Titans cartoon from 2003 that she could not make it to the team for legal reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I could see them swapping Kara in for Donna, if they do want Kara on the team.
    Supergirl will have her own movie, she doesn't need to be in this. I hope she isn't part of this movie.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Superman will be shot in IMAX

I loved the New 52 Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad runs so thats excellent news to me. New 52 Red Hood and the Outlaws also has its fans so I’m not complaining.

As for Teen Titans, I’m curious who will make the team! If I had to guess, I’d say we’re getting:

Nightwing

Starfire

Robin (Damian)

Supergirl

Blue Beetle

Raven

Beast Boy

And maybe Cyborg. Don’t see us getting any of the sidekicks since Diana, Arthur, Barry and Ollie aren’t even established yet.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

On the subject of Kid Flash and Wonder Girl, I guess it depends on whether or not Flash and Wonder Woman already exist as established heroes even if we don’t see them in Superman.

I suspect tho the team is gonna wind up looking like the one from the animated movies + the addition of Supergirl.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    On the subject of Kid Flash and Wonder Girl, I guess it depends on whether or not Flash and Wonder Woman already exist as established heroes even if we don’t see them in Superman.

I suspect tho the team is gonna wind up looking like the one from the animated movies + the addition of Supergirl.

Gunn states this is an established world so not having Flash and WW already exist would be stupid.

But seeing sidekicks before their "mentors" is not a good idea imo.

Honestly I think there's a chance Wally might already be Flash in the DCU.

It's going to be strange having such a young Superman but also having these legacy characters running around probably in their 20s as well. I still really question starting off a new universe with so much lore skipped over. Starting with Damian as Robin you've jumped over tons of unused stories for movies I feel like.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It's going to be strange having such a young Superman but also having these legacy characters running around probably in their 20s as well. I still really question starting off a new universe with so much lore skipped over. Starting with Damian as Robin you've jumped over tons of unused stories for movies I feel like.
    Keeping true to DC comics.

But as long as you have Dick 20-22. Supes early 30s, Bruce late 30s/early 40s....Damian being 14ish can work. You just have to cut out an entire generation of heroes (IE Tim)
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 03-15-2024 at 06:50 PM.

The way the DCU is turning out is interesting. The Authority already exists, the Teen Titans already exist, The Suicide Squad likely is semi-canon as well.

The real question is the Justice League. I don't believe they don't already exist to some degree. Likely it will be like Post-Crisis DC where it's just a bunch of B-listers who get their ass kicked so the "real Justice League" comes back ala Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Gunn already backtracked on the whole "it's a young Superman" thing. I think that was just said as a way to excuse Cavill's firing.

If Titans gets pushed up in priority because Batman TBATB is possibly getting delayed than it could be the best thing to happen for fans who were worried Damien would take over the franchise. They aren’t going to introduce Damien in a Titans movie. I can see him playing a big role in a sequel but not right out of the gate.

I’m curious to see if Dick will start off as Robin and then become Nightwing in TBATB. That could add to the plot of Damien trying to prove the Robin mantle is his birthright. He’d be trying to kill Dick and not Tim.

As for the TT lineup Starfire, Raven, and Beast Boy will definitely be included. I’m hoping Blue Beetle is on the team but I guess it depends on if they’re the TEEN Titans or just The Titans. Jamie is already in his mid twenties and it would be weird to have him hanging out with a bunch of kids. Really hope it’s just Titans and they don’t have to cast only teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post
    The way the DCU is turning out is interesting. The Authority already exists, the Teen Titans already exist, The Suicide Squad likely is semi-canon as well.

The real question is the Justice League. I don't believe they don't already exist to some degree. Likely it will be like Post-Crisis DC where it's just a bunch of B-listers who get their ass kicked so the "real Justice League" comes back ala Morrison.

Gunn already backtracked on the whole "it's a young Superman" thing. I think that was just said as a way to excuse Cavill's firing.
    Yes Gunn has said the other heroes in Superman are meant to parallel Clark’s own supporting cast, so I am guessing Hawkgirl, Mr. Terrific, Green Lantern and Metamorpho will be his “coworkers” on the Justice League in the same way Lois, Jimmy and Perry are his coworkers at the Planet.

Also focusing on a more B-listers League here means you don’t have to cast Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, John Stewart, Hal Jordan etc. yet but can still establish they exist.
    Last edited by Holt; 03-15-2024 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Keeping true to DC comics.

But as long as you have Dick 20-22. Supes early 30s, Bruce late 30s/early 40s....Damian being 14ish can work. You just have to cut out an entire generation of heroes (IE Tim)
    Yeah I feel we’ll only get one version for each mantle so:

Wonder Girl: Donna over Cassie
    Kid Flash: Wally over Bart and Wallace
    Aqualad: Kaldur is probably the only one that’ll be used over his predecessor (Garth)
    Speedy/Red Arrow: Doubt we’ll get any of them honestly but if we did, Roy over Mia and Emiko
    Superboy: Kon, since Clark is too young to have a teen kid and he’s the only one from the YJ generation that doesn’t have a predecessor (unless Supergirl takes his place).
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!