Page 301 of 498 FirstFirst ... 201251291297298299300301302303304305311351401 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 7462

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    What's the concern? I don't understand. It seems people are worried that Superman will be overshadowed by the other heroes.
    I mean it's happened before (looking at you BvS)...

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    ‘Superman: Legacy’ Nabs ‘Barry’ Star Anthony Carrigan as DC Hero Metamorpho (Exclusive)
    The casting comes after James Gunn's Man of Steel movie added Isabela Merced, Edi Gathegi and Nathan Fillion to the call sheet.

Attachment 133262

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ho-1235533648/
    I like Carrigan, not sure I see him as Metamorpho though.

I'm betting this'll be another case of Gunn writing an OC with an established character's face. That being said, Anthony Carrigan's hilarious and I'm happy to see him getting blockbuster roles, so I'll wait and see

And this is hardly Carrigan's first DC rodeo, he played Mist on The Flash and Zsasz on Gotham.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I bet Gunn has casted Phantom Girl and Plastic Man too, and we’ll get a Terrifics project. There will probably be a scene where Supes stops at Terrifics Tower to ask Holt for help with a science problem, and we’ll see the other three as background cameos.
    I hope not. I hate it when Kryptonians have to consult any human on anything science or tech related. It's like me or you consulting some random dude from 1270 AD about how to build a laptop. We MIGHT know how to do it; they certainly won't.

As far as Blue Beetle goes, I saw the trailer and thought, wow, a lesser CW version of Iron Man without all the charm, clever dialog, and other elements that made that movie great. So, not terrible, but CW competent. And it didn't offer anything upfront that seemed new or special in any way. A movie, not objectionable, not special. But we'll see on that one to.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I will assume that Kara is being cast later and will be in this film. Esp since as we stand....5 big male characters vs 2 female

Astonishing Member

"I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Incredible Member

That was fast

The Flash Speeds Onto Digital a Month After Its Theatrical Release

On Jul. 12, Warner Bros. confirmed The Flash will officially be available for Premium Home Ownership on Jul. 18, with the film accessible to purchase via Prime Video, Apple TV, Google Play, and other participating streamers.

Extraordinary Member

What o have also noticed is the film isn’t even being pirated that what’s really scary, I hope the auxiliary market can help the film

Astonishing Member

Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2 are part of the new rebooted universe.

Hellboy 2019 all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post
    Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2 are part of the new rebooted universe.
    Isn’t Aquaman 2 going through more reshoots?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coop View Post
    I have no beef with being dropped into the middle of an existing DC Universe. I think it's really only comic fans that have this hang up on origins and needing to be there at the very beginning of everything.

If you look at the history of cinema almost every movie we don't pick up with the character at the start of their lives. We join them at the start of a particular story in the middle of their existing lives, side characters exist in the world and their relationships with the characters already exist as well. Every time someone's best friend is introduced in a movie we're not seeing the first meeting of two best friends.

Audiences don't need to know everything about every single side character that appears in the movie. Look at the team of Marines in aliens. We're introduced to an existing team, with deep character relationships, incredible performances and great lines. It's one of the most memorable groups of characters in Blockbuster movie history. We didn't join them for their first mission together. There's not another movie setting up each member of the team before aliens.

The more that Gunn treats these movies like movies and not just superhero movies that have to adhere to a bunch of made up rules or be subservient to larger franchise plans the more interested I am.
    Yeah this! It's like people have forgotten how movies/stories in general work after 2008.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Not sure how reliable this site or story is, but they're suggesting a different Wonder Twins project is being planned.

SUPERMAN: LEGACY Rumors Tease More Casting Decisions; New WONDER TWINS Project Reportedly In The Works

By Josh Wilding - Jul 03, 2023

Following the news Superman: Legacy has tapped David Corenswet and Rachel Brosnahan to play the DCU's Man of Steel and Lois Lane, fans are eager to learn who will round out the rest of the reboot's cast.

According to the r/DCEULeaks page, their verified sources have revealed that Lex Luthor screen tests will begin taking place in the coming weeks.

<snip>

In other news, we're sure you remember Warner Bros. Discovery David Zaslav's decision to pull the plug on HBO Max's Wonder Twins. The movie was going to star KJ Apa and Isabel May as shape-shifters Zan and Jayna, but ended up being scrapped as part of cost-cutting measures and as a result of the DCU reboot.

Well, according to these same moderators, DC Studios is now developing a new Wonder Twins project that's unrelated to those streaming plans.

https://comicbookmovie.com/superman/...4148#gs.32x6yh

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I hope not. I hate it when Kryptonians have to consult any human on anything science or tech related. It's like me or you consulting some random dude from 1270 AD about how to build a laptop. We MIGHT know how to do it; they certainly won't.

As far as Blue Beetle goes, I saw the trailer and thought, wow, a lesser CW version of Iron Man without all the charm, clever dialog, and other elements that made that movie great. So, not terrible, but CW competent. And it didn't offer anything upfront that seemed new or special in any way. A movie, not objectionable, not special. But we'll see on that one to.
    Yes, but actually no.

It's like how in Marvel Enchantress knows how to use a cell phone and tweet. She's an Asgardian(or Vanaheimr) sorceress. Cell phones aren't from that realm. But she's a smart enough person to learn.

when it comes to Earth tech.... Kryptonians are smart, REALLY smart, but they don't know automatically. It's literally foreign tech to them. They can learn, but someone like Leslie Willis has an edge when it comes to using Human tech. Especially when it comes to complicated stuff. Kryptonians can figure it out, but it might take a while. you can't use x-ray vision to learn the command interface on a Linux mainframe. You gotta read a book, sure a Kryptonian can do that super-fast, but they gotta actually do it. Oh and good luck with passwords.