Page 182 of 497 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186192232282 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 7450

Thread: DCU Movies

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I'm surprised that they are ditching the two colored hair and with that the a different color on each side color scheme.
    It's smart to differentiate her as much as possible from Robbie's version, while still making sure she's instantly recognizable.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-25-2023 at 11:07 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Green Goblin of Sector 2814 View Post
    Even Grace Randolph is under the impression that Levi is gonna be sticking around because he wouldn’t be fighting this hard if he already knew he was out.
    He's fighting this hard because his career pretty much might be done after such a huge failure. He literally doesn't have anything except Shazam, and being the main star in a movie, which fails so drastically, well...
    That's why he's so emotional about this. It's not just the movie he and his team put a lot of effort into. His career is literally on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Sadly it's hard to disagree with this. Unless Mark Waid's Shazam run becomes some runaway success or something like Johns' GL run did, they're most certainly going to shelve Shazam and Black Adam for many years to come.
    Honestly the Shazam franchise probably only had one more movie at most with the current cast. The problem with Shazam in live action is that it’s a concept with a deadline: you need to squeeze as much as you can out of the cast before the kids get too old. Next time around they should do Shazam in animation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    He's fighting this hard because his career pretty much might be done after such a huge failure. He literally doesn't have anything except Shazam, and being the main star in a movie, which fails so drastically, well...
    That's why he's so emotional about this. It's not just the movie he and his team put a lot of effort into. His career is literally on the line.
    Won’t be long before he gets the call that he’s out if he hasn’t gotten it already.
    Last edited by Vordan; 03-25-2023 at 10:04 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    It’s not like he’s incapable of booking anything. He had a career before Shazam. Even if he lost this, he’d be able to find something else. He’s a Tony award-nominated actor. He’ll be fine.

And honestly, that’s part of the reason I’m annoyed that the Rock refused to share the screen with him. A lot of people have pointed out that THIS film would have been the best place to introduce Black Adam and that probably would’ve been a boon. And I saw the Rock “act” in Black Adam. That dude needs good people around him to make himself look better.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 03-25-2023 at 11:13 AM.

Mighty Member

Shazam 2 Star Blames Critics' 'Political Agenda' for Negative Reviews

Shazam! Fury of the Gods actor Marta Milans believes politics is at play when it comes to the assessment of the DC film from critics and trolls.

Marta Milans Milans addressed the early box-office struggles of Fury of the Gods, which has so far grossed over $70 million against a budget of up to $125 million. The actor pushed back at the negativity surrounding the Shazam! sequel, claiming critics already made up their minds before watching the movie. "I know that there is a lot of politics involved and a lot of hardcore fans of one side, on the other side, a lot of haters on the internet," she said. "A lot of critics feel like they have a political agenda rather than actually sitting and watching the film and enjoying it."

Additionally, Milans pointed out that the purpose of Fury of the Gods is a good time, something the film's lead Zachary Levi also stressed in his defense of the film. Milans believes the response to the sequel is a sign of the times. "We're not trying to push any agenda," she said. "We're not trying to prove any point. And I don't know what it is about, I don't know if it's our society nowadays that celebrating fun isn't good enough. A movie that is, you just go and you feel good about it, and you have a good laugh, and you see the Shazamily, that seems to be good enough for some people." These comments follow up Milans' recent clapback at "little hating trolls" on Twitter.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    After watching Shazam battle the Dragon and Kalypso, I got instantly VERY irritated with The Rock. Love him and all he did for wrestling and his overall character, but he REALLY killed Shazam by being petty and thinking he is bigger and better than the people that know. We get it, you want to be the biggest Anti-Hero around BUT to be there you need to earn your status and not have it gifted to you. To get to Supes you need to work up to Supes and by facing Shazam you do that, though if you did square off against Shazam, you should win via DQ or something to protect Shazam...You don't get to vault to the #1 contender. You know that...All you did was make Shazam less than he should be...All the lessons you learned as a WWE wrestler lost to your ego...Just like what would happen if you tried that crap in wrestling...Just ask your Uce, Roman...

Anway, it Pis...Ed me off and it's a shame that we probably wont get to see it on the big screen...
    The fact we'll never get this scene in film is a travesty

So much potential squandered on ego and bad management.

Fantastic Member TheCasualReader's Avatar

God, that is just a whole lot of saying nothing.

I can at least see addressing people having this expectation nowadays that something can't just be fun because that is something people has and will complain about unfairly, but that's not what she's saying. What politics? What agenda? What political agenda? It's all so vague she might as well be gesturing wildly in the air.

EDIT: Maybe the article itself goes into it, but I can't use the site.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    After watching Shazam battle the Dragon and Kalypso, I got instantly VERY irritated with The Rock. Love him and all he did for wrestling and his overall character, but he REALLY killed Shazam by being petty and thinking he is bigger and better than the people that know. We get it, you want to be the biggest Anti-Hero around BUT to be there you need to earn your status and not have it gifted to you.

Anway, it Pis...Ed me off and it's a shame that we probably wont get to see it on the big screen...
    I agree with you. The Rock's ego has destroyed Shazam and the Black Adam Franchise. It would have been better to cast another ego-less actor to play BA and have him star in Shazam. Now I enjoyed BA but he ruined Shazam because The Rock is NOT a team player. Now I question who was wrong in the Fast and The Furious franchise. Used to think Diesel was the one 'villain' but now I think it's The Rock. He doesn't play well with others anymore. What an egomanic.

The Rock comes from the wrestling business, having an ego(healthy or otherwise) is pretty much a necessity in order to make it big in that industry. But as a wrestler The Rock was also known for being one of the most selfless main eventers in WWE history and when you look at his track record he lost far more matches than he probably should've. He clearly didn't let his success go to his head at the time since he knew that losing wouldn't hurt him since he was already an established top star. As an actor, maybe the Hollywood paranoia finally caught up with him. Until Black Adam he wasn't really known for producing flops and I think that movie's performance really hurt his ego because it was in development hell for so many years and for all intents and purposes it was a passion project for him. Because of that I'm hardly surprised to see he was being so overprotective of the character and perhaps in his mind making sure not to "relegate" him to the level of characters he thought Adam should be above on the pecking order. The fact that the movie underperformed must have hit him hard since that doesn't really tend to happen to him much. It's disappointing but again, he comes from an industry that's all about protecting your spot and this time he just bit off more than he could chew.
    Last edited by Johnny; 03-25-2023 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    The fact we'll never get this scene in film is a travesty

So much potential squandered on ego and bad management.
    Seriously. Black Reign and The Dark Age are such great stories and it pisses me off that they didn’t stick closely to the source material. It seemed like the Rock wanted Black Adam to be too heroic. This tragic “antihero”.

He could have been the villain in a Shazam sequel and they could have used aspects of Black Reign. Adam returns and is trying to take over Kahndaq because he thinks he’s the rightful ruler. Billy, Hawkman, Atom Smasher, and Dr. Fate try to stop him. They actually acknowledge that Carter, Adam, and Nabu knew each other in ancient Egypt which adds to the conflict. Atom Smasher sides with Atom and we get a big fight at the end. Adam is defeated stripped of his powers and the Black Adam solo movie is about his redemption and an adaptation of The Dark Age. Something like that.

Great comic book story sourced material squandered.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    What a disaster. To fail so hard with such a small budget...We might be looking at a Catwoman-level flop
    And I don't think it even deserves to be a Catwoman-level flop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    I'm surprised that they are ditching the two colored hair and with that the a different color on each side color scheme.
    That's kind of a new invention of Harley's look, so this is going for a more traditional blonde + red and black combo.
    Jeez, Levi.

That was from Marta Milans, not from Levi. Not that he hasn't spewed nonsense before too.

Astonishing Member

It's never a good look when someone starts blaming 'political agendas' for something failing.

Only allowance I will make is that I do think critics are getting out the knives for capeshit movies. No longer are we going to see crap like Thor 2 or Thor L&T get positive RT scores, I expect reviews will be much harsher going forward. If DC wants to compete they need to establish a greater level of quality control, and the same goes for Marvel (where I expect their next movie The Marvels is going to flop hard).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I really don't see how Gunn doesn't just reboot everything lol. 99% of the DCEU continuity is straight up radioactive to audiences at this point. They pretty much need to start from scratch. Keep Margot Robbie, Viola Davis, and maybe some minor characters and throw out the rest and use Superman: Legacy as a fresh start. Personally, this is what I'm expecting and I feel more sure about this every time a new DCEU movie flops. You know it's bad when the only DC hits in recent years have their own continuity (Joker and The Batman)

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Only allowance I will make is that I do think critics are getting out the knives for capeshit movies. No longer are we going to see crap like Thor 2 or Thor L&T get positive RT scores, I expect reviews will be much harsher going forward. If DC wants to compete they need to establish a greater level of quality control, and the same goes for Marvel (where I expect their next movie The Marvels is going to flop hard).
    This is true as well. The days where a superhero movie could just be 'fun' and easily get a positive review seem to be over. The honeymoon capeflicks had with critics has ended and it seems they will be much more critical of the superhero films that come out.
    Last edited by The Kid; 03-25-2023 at 02:00 PM.